Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Connor

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Kyle Connor

Two points in two games. Second powerplay with Ehlers, Little and Trouba.
    Hard to say what happens when Perrault returns, or if he keeps a strong scoring pace...but me likey so far.
    NHL 16 Team, Keeper - Keep 22 / 44 (11 NHLers, 11 Prospects)
    NHL 15 Team, Dynasty
    NHL 10 Team, One Year
    NHL 8 Team, Cap League
    NFL 12 Team, 0.5 PPR
    NFL 10 Team, Standard Non PPR
    NFL 8 Team, 0.5 PPR
    MLB 10 Team, Roto

Dobber Sports Sage

Ok so i added this kid from free agency last night when I saw him on line 1 and PP1 with wheeler and scheif. Figure in that scenario he's at least a good stream option.

I didn't start him this week as I want to see if it lasts. I haven't read through this whole thread and haven't seen any Winnipeg games this season. Any thoughts on him for people watching him? Does he stick around? I mean this is a good position to be in if he can hold it.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Master

The way it's going, he sticks. I have watched all his games since the call-p and he has looked very good, fitting in and playing loose. The one knock from the ramblings was that he wasn't shooting enough, but for a rookie playing with such dynamic and established line-mates, it's normal for him to defer for the first little bit and in the last 2 games there is a bit of that. Shooting will undoubtedly pick up and I don't doubt his ability to stick for the rest of the way, if he continues to play the way he is. He looks like a top line player out there.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Superstar

Mathieu Perreault will bump him down upon return from IR.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    Mathieu Perreault will bump him down upon return from IR.
    That's not a certainty. Perreault on the 3rd line would spread out the scoring, which the Jets have needed. Connor's fitting in well on the top line, and Scheifele and Wheeler are insulating him a bit.

I don't think there's any way that Connor doesn't stick with the Jets through the season now. His hustle has been awesome, and he's clicking with the right guys. I don't see that stopping.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

the other question in all this, is who comes out of the lineup and gets sent down? is it as simple as B. Lemeiux?
    Weekly H2H 4games/week. 14 Teams,21 Player roster+ 3 protected prospects
    20 week Regular season + 3 Rounds of Playoffs
    Keep 10

G+A = 1pt, Dman G+A = 1.5pt, PPG =1pt, PPA = 0.5pt, SHG = 1pt, SHA = 0.5pt, ShootoutG = 0.25pt, GWG = 1pt, Hatty = 3pt, DMan Hatty = 5pt, +/- (For D only) = +/- 0.5pt, W = 2pt, L = -1pt, OTL = 1pt, ShootoutL = 0.5pt, SO = 1pt, S = 0.1pt, GA = -0.5pt, Goalie Goal = 5pt

Each week play: 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 D, 2 G
    C: Stamkos, Tavares, Getzlaf, Zibanejad
    LW: Schwartz, Kase, Debrusk, Dzingel
    RW: Ehlers, Lindholm, Zuccarrello, Tuch
    D: Letang, Burns, Krug, Edler
    G: Vasilevskiy, Fleury, Saros, Domingue
    Prospects: Sorokin, Kaprizov, Hart

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by nickchau2000 View Post
    the other question in all this, is who comes out of the lineup and gets sent down? is it as simple as B. Lemeiux?
    I would think so, yes.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    The way it's going, he sticks. I have watched all his games since the call-p and he has looked very good, fitting in and playing loose. The one knock from the ramblings was that he wasn't shooting enough, but for a rookie playing with such dynamic and established line-mates, it's normal for him to defer for the first little bit and in the last 2 games there is a bit of that. Shooting will undoubtedly pick up and I don't doubt his ability to stick for the rest of the way, if he continues to play the way he is. He looks like a top line player out there.
    5 SOG in the game against Minnesota, so that's probably a good sign going forward. I watched the Pittsburgh game and he looked good, although pretty much everyone on the Jets looked good in that game. I think he's a good fit in that top-6, especially when he and Ehlers are the only left-handed shots in that group.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I guess the one business-esque thought I have regarding Perreault is are they going to put a guy making $4.5 million a year on the third line.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    I guess the one business-esque thought I have regarding Perreault is are they going to put a guy making $4.5 million a year on the third line.
    Didn't Pittsburgh have the $6.8M Kessel on 3rd line as well? Teams are using a top-9 approach more and more these days, so playing on the 3rd line isn't as bad as it used to be. I think Perreault can carry his own line against 3rd line opponents whereas a rookie like Connor couldn't do that most likely, so having them like that might give them more scoring depth. Perreault will get PP time regardless I think.

Dobber Sports Master

He looked like a natural last game against MIN and a great fit. He looks comfortable and wise with the puck, hard-working in the forecheck, following Wheeler around. He's a pro. No doubt.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Padawan

Just wanted to give this thread a bump. Perreault has said he's ready to go and Maurice has said that he'll put him back in the lineup if he is. We'll (maybe) see what happens tonight against Philly if Connor remains on the top line vs Perreault, but it sounds as though Perreault is ready to start on the third line with Copp and Lowry.

http://nationalpost.com/sports/hocke...a-da45f42025e9
    NHL 16 Team, Keeper - Keep 22 / 44 (11 NHLers, 11 Prospects)
    NHL 15 Team, Dynasty
    NHL 10 Team, One Year
    NHL 8 Team, Cap League
    NFL 12 Team, 0.5 PPR
    NFL 10 Team, Standard Non PPR
    NFL 8 Team, 0.5 PPR
    MLB 10 Team, Roto

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by BealestreetTyrant View Post
    Just wanted to give this thread a bump. Perreault has said he's ready to go and Maurice has said that he'll put him back in the lineup if he is. We'll (maybe) see what happens tonight against Philly if Connor remains on the top line vs Perreault, but it sounds as though Perreault is ready to start on the third line with Copp and Lowry.

http://nationalpost.com/sports/hocke...a-da45f42025e9
    Yep. Again, I'd be surprised if Maurice takes Connor off of that top line. He's fit in very well, and Perreault coming back only helps boost those bottom lines, where they've needed a bit of scoring depth.

Dobber Sports Master

Connor remains on the top line. Pointless in two now, but that line was firing on so many cylinders for a 10 day period, a slow-down is normal... I hope he stays there.. he makes the most sense in the top 6. He has the scoring acumen. His rise through each level of hockey has seen him lead his team and even the league (or very near to it) in scoring (USHL, NCAA). The guy is an offensive weapon. I can't wait to see his progression.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Another 2 pts today . .. if he sticks on top line, top PP.. . 60pts possible?

If so, that's huge for a player most had penciled in as a 2018 relevant player