Thread: Upgrade on Elliott

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Upgrade on Elliott

Long time lurker, first time poster.

My #2 goalie is currently Brian Elliott. I'm hoping to upgrade on him but am not sure which way to go.

My goalie cats are W, GAA, SV%, SO

Here's some names that are available I could trade for (I'll likely trade a pick and Elliott will go back into the draft):
    Raanta
    Mrazek
    Varlamov
    Markstrom
    C Johnson
    Fleury
    Anderson

Hoping for someone who will put up decent numbers this year, but who I will likely want to keep for a few years.
    Any thoughts on the way to go would be appreciated! I'm leaning towards Raanta and hoping he's the next Talbot...

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Upgrade on Elliott

Welcome to the land of posting HK!

You want the sure starters. So right away you're narrowed down to Raanta, Markstrom, Varly, Fleury, Anderson and I guess Elliott.

Personally I would want one of Raanta or Fleury, but I don't want to have to overpay for either one.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

What is the value of the pick you are giving up. I'm not sure these are huge upgrades.

I'd probably go Raanta.

But it's hard to give advice with practically no info on your team, league size, etc.

Dobber Sports Master

Welcome to the boards,

I agree with Eskimo Brother, and think you should target one of the sure fire starters. That being said, I think your top three bets are Fleury, Raanta, and Anderson. Elliott would probably be my fourth choice behind these three guys.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Monster

Raanta
    Fluery
    Anderson

i would take all over elliot. in that order

Dobber Sports Recruit

Thanks guys, looks like I was heading in the right direction with Raanta, although it's not a huge upgrade

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by HK 47 View Post
    Thanks guys, looks like I was heading in the right direction with Raanta, although it's not a huge upgrade
    Not a huge or immediate upgrade. Elliott's Philadelphia Flyers may very well outpoint / win more than Arizona and Raanta this year, but long term, I believe in Raanta. For more immediate help, Anderson or Fleury would be the clear choices.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would take Anderson based on team. I like to draft goalies more on team if I can and they have the best one going of that list.