Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Las Vegas Golden Knights Official Abbreviation?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Las Vegas Golden Knights Official Abbreviation?

^Like it.
    Thread closed! (j/k)

Dobber Sports Master

I've only seen VGK so far .

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbernomics View Post
    It's VGK.

See here as an example on the schedule: https://www.nhl.com/stars/schedule/2017-10-01/CT
    Thank you Dobbernomics! That's exactly what I was looking for, something on NHL.com, but I just couldn't find anything in my searches.

Fascinating discussions though about something so small. I hate Mon and Cal, prefer to go with Mtl and Cgy. I've seen Columbus a number of ways, but have settled on CBJ and I tend to leave the two letter teams alone NJ, LA, SJ...yet I can't quite wrap my head around LV for some reason, oh wait, because they've dropped the Las from their team name.

Interesting stuff, thanks to everyone for weighing in.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Recruit

You know I might be in the minority but I think VGK is the worst initial choice of all that have been mentioned and that just so happens to be the one they are now going by haha.

- You don't see the Detroit Red Wings as DRW
    - You didn't see the Anaheim Mighty Ducks (old name) as AMD
    - You don't see the Toronto Maple Leafs as TML

The only teams you ever see with any initials outside their city are when multiple teams are in the same city (NYI, NYR) or sometimes you see it when a city has two word names (I don't like these but they do exist: NJD, LAK, TBL, SJS). The only exception to this is Colorado and Columbus because they have the same three beginning letters COL. I think CLB is the best one that fits them the most.

My point here is that I think there is no doubt it should be VEG. They dropped Las so they are not a two word city. There are no other teams out there with the initials VEG. And they do not have two teams in their city. It should be VEG. VGK just creates weird inconsistency IMO and goes against any format ever used.