Thread: Colin Miller: Staying in Vegas, what to expect?

Dobber Sports Star

Default Colin Miller: Staying in Vegas, what to expect?

So it seems like Miller is not going to Toronto after all and will be staying put in per this tweet:

Frank Seravalli‏
    Verified account

@frank_seravalli
    Follow

More
    Look for #Vegas @GoldenKnights to continue to push to move Alexei Emelin and Luca Sbisa. The other 8/9 D on roster are likely to stay.

So if this is true, what can we expect? Opinions seem to vary between offensive gem about to emerge and cries of "how could Boston let him go??" to his defensive game and inconsistent play indicate he has the tools but no tool box.

Assuming Theodore gets top PP duties, he looks to be the 2nd best option and maybe he thrives in Vegas. I think he is a very intriguing player given that he should get lots of opportunities.

I'd Appreciate your take!
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Colin Miller: Staying in Vegas, what to expect?

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    So it seems like Miller is not going to Toronto after all and will be staying put in per this tweet:

Frank Seravalli‏
    Verified account

@frank_seravalli
    Follow

More
    Look for #Vegas @GoldenKnights to continue to push to move Alexei Emelin and Luca Sbisa. The other 8/9 D on roster are likely to stay.

So if this is true, what can we expect? Opinions seem to vary between offensive gem about to emerge and cries of "how could Boston let him go??" to his defensive game and inconsistent play indicate he has the tools but no tool box.

Assuming Theodore gets top PP duties, he looks to be the 2nd best option and maybe he thrives in Vegas. I think he is a very intriguing player given that he should get lots of opportunities.

I'd Appreciate your take!
    I'm with you on the part above that I bolded, but I'd give him a short leash, and certainly be willing to sell high on him if he goes on a run of points and looks like an absolute stud for any length of time. I don't think he is a true #2, but will likely start that way with Vegas unless they make some big splashes after the July 1 UFA signing bonanza.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Monster

got him down for 15-20 pts but theres potential for more

The Great One

I own Theodore and miller and pretty much have to keep both on my main roster- lol!

I'm really hoping for a 35-45 point season from theo . Not a ton of off3nse there but he should get spoon fed pp1 time and ozone starts. I was really hoping for an orlov/zaitsev year out of miller but I'm tempering my expectations down to 20-25. On another team I'd hope for 30. Let's see how they look out of the gate I guess...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Theodore is a much much better player than Miller. I expect big things (as big as can be expected being on an expansion team) from him this upcoming season with lots of minutes and opportunities. Miller just doesn't excite me like him.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandals View Post
    Theodore is a much much better player than Miller. I expect big things (as big as can be expected being on an expansion team) from him this upcoming season with lots of minutes and opportunities. Miller just doesn't excite me like him.
    Oh no I didn't mean it like that I just meant that theo is probably the top dog which leaves miller in at least the 2 spot offensively. I'm in a crazy deep league and miller is fairly exciting right now. I just meant the vgk factor probably kills any real value he might have. On another team I'd be hoping (not expecting) 30 with a chance at 35.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Ah yes, sorry about that. Yes, relative to other teams in the league, I tend to downgrade these guys on an expansion team. History says they are going to struggle offensively.