Thread: draft is coming, need advice

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default draft is coming, need advice

hey boy draft is next week and i still don't know who i want. it's a goal heavy league for def. can u guy rank them. let's say 3 years upside

deangelo
    theodore
    chychrun
    mcavoy
    montour
    butcher
    and every def drafted this year

thank's

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: draft is coming, need advice

Hey boy, here ya go:

McAvoy/Montour/Theodore (pick one but you can't go wrong as these are the top 3 young ones that are ready to take the next step with their respective teams)

Makar (great offensive prospect; ahead of the others IMO)
    Deangelo (change of scenery can help him move passed his rep, but I still have my doubts)
    Heiskanen (good all around game with offensive instincts)
    Liljegren (same as Heiskanen but mono kept him from blossoming this year... can move ahead a spot come next year)
    Chychrun (good all-around game but not as offensively gifted as the others IMO)
    Butcher (offensive d-man, but I'm not sure how his game will translate in the pros)
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hey boy(s), I'll get in on this one too! 3 Year upside definitely makes it a little tougher but I'd go ...

1. Montour
    2. Deangelo (boom or bust here - if NYR gets him some PP reps that would be great)
    3. Theodore
    4. McAvoy
    5. Makar (Give him 2 years on top of the already assumed 3 and I'd give him the edge on McAvoy, another 2, the edge on Theodore)
    6. Liljegren (Has a clearer path to PP than Heiskanen in TO)
    7. Heiskanen (Will have to battle with Klingberg and Lindell to get PP time)
    8. Chychrun
    9. Butcher
    DobberProspects Writer: Ex-Tampa Bay Lightning Prospects, Current New York Rangers Prospects @olaf1393

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Hey boy, here ya go:

McAvoy/Montour/Theodore (pick one but you can't go wrong as these are the top 3 young ones that are ready to take the next step with their respective teams)

Makar (great offensive prospect; ahead of the others IMO)
    Deangelo (change of scenery can help him move passed his rep, but I still have my doubts)
    Heiskanen (good all around game with offensive instincts)
    Liljegren (same as Heiskanen but mono kept him from blossoming this year... can move ahead a spot come next year)
    Chychrun (good all-around game but not as offensively gifted as the others IMO)
    Butcher (offensive d-man, but I'm not sure how his game will translate in the pros)
    This is my list as well with the only caveat that I think Montour is a bigger risk than Theodore and McAvoy
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thank's. I move up in the draft and now i't between mcavoy and montour. Imo mcavoy has a better chance to play big minute because boston has no depth and montour is behind fowler-vatanen-lindholm...

The Great One

I like DeAngelo as a fit in NYC. Definite home run potential, but also - as others said - some risk due to his past issues
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Jedi

what's with the "hey boy"
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I was just going along with it!
    DobberProspects Writer: Ex-Tampa Bay Lightning Prospects, Current New York Rangers Prospects @olaf1393