Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Your Draft Winners/Losers Day 1

The Great One

Default Re: Your Draft Winners/Losers Day 1

Vancouver 'passing' on Glass for Pettersson was the right move IMO. I really think he can be the best player in this draft. I mentioned before the draft that it wouldn't shock me if he indeed get drafted before Glass/Viladri/Mittelstadt......Draft him accordingly in your fantasy drafts.

As for Liljegren, he was my third ranked D man heading into the draft for sure. Theres posts in these forums confirming that.

I love his skating. In todays game skating is so important and Liljegren might be the best skater in this draft class.

Heres some NHL scouts regarding Liljegren.

"Played his best hockey towards the end of his season which is better than the opposite. He?s a guy I had a lot of conversations with NHL Scouts about this year. I probably had more scouts talk to me regarding him and his ranking than any other player in the draft. I?ll be interested to see where lands on draft day" - NHL Scout (April 2017)

"There are some difficult evaluations this year. Two high end guys in Liljegren and Kostin that have both missed a ton of hockey"- NHL Scout (April 2017)

"He needs a lot of coaching defensively..." - NHL Scout (April 2017)

"Brannstrom is a skater.....end to end guy...tries to do everything by himself..kinda like Makar. Liljegren wants to draw guys to him or have guys cutting back door...he finds
    guys." - NHL Scout (April 2017)

"One thing that was a big factor for me and it was for both Liljegren and Brannstrom....that was one of the worst Swede forward groups I?ve ever seen so they would make plays and they would die after the puck left their sticks. You could see what they were thinking but it would bounce of the forwards stick or whatever..It was a big factor..." - NHL Scout (April 2017)

"He's an enigma. Skilled...very skilled. Probably too much hype on him coming into the year." - NHL Scout (May 2017)

"He's a very skilled excellent skating defensman." NHL Scout (May 2017)

"He's a skilled guy...that disease knocks the crap out of ya. It certainly knocked the crap out of him.It takes a while to recover." - NHL Scout (May 2017)

"He's an offensive guy and he was much better in April."(at the U18 in Slovakia) - NHL Scout (May 2017)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Vancouver 'passing' on Glass for Pettersson was the right move IMO. I really think he can be the best player in this draft. I mentioned before the draft that it wouldn't shock me if he indeed get drafted before Glass/Viladri/Mittelstadt......Draft him accordingly in your fantasy drafts.

As for Liljegren, he was my third ranked D man heading into the draft for sure. Theres posts in these forums confirming that.

I love his skating. In todays game skating is so important and Liljegren might be the best skater in this draft class.

Heres some NHL scouts regarding Liljegren.

"Played his best hockey towards the end of his season which is better than the opposite. He?s a guy I had a lot of conversations with NHL Scouts about this year. I probably had more scouts talk to me regarding him and his ranking than any other player in the draft. I?ll be interested to see where lands on draft day" - NHL Scout (April 2017)

"There are some difficult evaluations this year. Two high end guys in Liljegren and Kostin that have both missed a ton of hockey"- NHL Scout (April 2017)

"He needs a lot of coaching defensively..." - NHL Scout (April 2017)

"Brannstrom is a skater.....end to end guy...tries to do everything by himself..kinda like Makar. Liljegren wants to draw guys to him or have guys cutting back door...he finds
    guys." - NHL Scout (April 2017)

"One thing that was a big factor for me and it was for both Liljegren and Brannstrom....that was one of the worst Swede forward groups I?ve ever seen so they would make plays and they would die after the puck left their sticks. You could see what they were thinking but it would bounce of the forwards stick or whatever..It was a big factor..." - NHL Scout (April 2017)

"He's an enigma. Skilled...very skilled. Probably too much hype on him coming into the year." - NHL Scout (May 2017)

"He's a very skilled excellent skating defensman." NHL Scout (May 2017)

"He's a skilled guy...that disease knocks the crap out of ya. It certainly knocked the crap out of him.It takes a while to recover." - NHL Scout (May 2017)

"He's an offensive guy and he was much better in April."(at the U18 in Slovakia) - NHL Scout (May 2017)
    It should be called a great pick by the Leafs, a highly skilled Dman that is a project at the same time. Getting that high of a ceiling guy at 17 can be seen as a win. But I'm not sure they can get in the same category of draft 'winners' as other teams. As he was drafted where he was expected to be drafted (in the range) and Tor made no other moves on the day.

As much as I think Van's draft was a huge success for them, the story of Vegas talking to Benning about flipping 5 & 6 picks should be seen as a loss. Benning tipped his hand he wasn't taking Glass and McPhee backed off the deal. Benning should have sold it (let's face it, he's no actor) and just said he was taking Glass, Vegas had 4 or 5 2nd round picks. The way Van drafted, another 40-60 pick would have been a wonderful add. To me that's a bit of a blunder on Van's end.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

When you want a guy you don't add the risk of someone else taking him.

Vegas might have not taken Pettersson.....but they also might have too.

A later pick wasn't worth the risk and I can appreciate Benning wanting his guy.

EDIT: I just want to add that Liljegren' s shot is awesome too. Wrist shot, slap shot, one timer......Skating and shooting from the back end. He will run the PP one day Im sure. A better comparable is OEL

Dobber Sports Pro

sounded like Vegas had a deal to move to get their guy - Glass.

A good comparable to EP is Zetterberg - who played for Timra as well.
    IDHL League 28 team H2H league multicat full keeper
    Rebuilding

Cooley, Guenther, Hoglander, Lundell, Quinn, Voronkov, Stankoven, Carlsson

Hutson, Zellweger, Clarke, KA Miller, Xhekai, Malinski, Thrun

Dostal, Hofer

Beck, Bolduc, Dumais, Gaucher, Gunler, Pervalov
    Ufko, Benning, Del Mastro, Peart, Grudinin
    Zherenko