Thread: Florida and Minny prospect questions

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Florida and Minny prospect questions

Looking for some insight in Florida... in terms of shear fantasy points, who is the next prospect to make a bang even if it's in 1 more year... Hawryluk, Borgstrom or Mascherin?

Also do you think Erikkson Ek is successful, say 50 points, in Minny this year? Is Kaprizov guaranteed to come over for 2018-19?

Thanks folks!
    Points only. H2H. Cap $70m. Drop 4 annually, 4 Draft picks to use/trade. Rebuilding....
    F: Skinner, Wennberg, Zibanejad, Hertl, Rantanen, Mantha, Vrana, Barzal, A. Nylander
    D: Faulk, Gardiner, Honka, Pulock, Chychrun, Sergachev
    G: Hellebuyck, Lehner

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Florida and Minny prospect questions

No guarantee EE gets the ice time for 50 points. If he gets the ice time he will pile up the stats though.

Hawryluk is probably your best bet from Florida.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

No guarantee and Kaprizov ever coming over. Just assumptions.

50 pts for EE would be Calder nominated worthy. Unlikely as well.

As far as the Panther prospects go, I like Borgstrom a lot.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ShoeGuy View Post
    Looking for some insight in Florida... in terms of shear fantasy points, who is the next prospect to make a bang even if it's in 1 more year... Hawryluk, Borgstrom or Mascherin?

Also do you think Erikkson Ek is successful, say 50 points, in Minny this year? Is Kaprizov guaranteed to come over for 2018-19?

Thanks folks!
    For Florida prospects out of those three I would go:
    Borgstrom
    Hawryluk/Mascherin
    I don't really see any of them making a splash for at least a couple seasons though.

EE 50 points this year? No, probably around 35-40 if he plays all the games. Is KK guaranteed? Nope, but is he quite likely to: Yes. And he is the best of all the mentioned prspects
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Wizard

Not sure he counts as a prospect or if he's available for you but Denis Malgin might be the next young Florida guy to put up some points. Although undersized, he's a very talented offensive player, and playing most of the season at the NHL level at age 19 is pretty impressive. Next season, I think he could start producing points and not just trying to adjust to NHL pace.

And also, don't forget Luke Kunin from the Minnesota prospect pool. He may need some AHL time but he's not that far off from the NHL. I believe he will see some NHL games next season already, and maybe a full-time player in 2018-2019. But he could surprise already next season.

Dobber Sports Stud

Florida: I assume hawryluk will be the first one called up, but wouldn't expect much in fantasy from him. borgstrom is the one that might make a splash, but he's still in college, so it'll take a few years. mascherin could also have some nice fantasy value. but he's also a few years away.
    Minny: I think EE will be pretty good as a rookie. they're gonna bring him along slowly, and they're stacked at forward, but they just lost haula, and I worry about eric staal after his concussion from the final game of the playoffs. I think minny is gonna take a step back next year, and as the year goes on, the youngsters will get more opportunities. I could definitely see EE getting around 50 points. might fall just short, but still could definitely happen.
    regarding kaprizov, assuming he comes over next offseason, I think he could be a kuznetsov-type rookie, where he isn't really a rookie, production wise, due to his age and khl success. i'd say 45 points for his 2018-19 floor, with a very solid chance for closer to 60.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Expert

For my Panthers for deeper leagues you might wanna keeps yours eyes on Maxim Mamim, Henrik Hapaala( Tallon spoke of him on his recent presser) and MacKenzie Weegar as both could very well be in the league next year. McCann and Malgin could also very well be callups.

As for the three you mentioned:

Upside:
    1. Borgstrom
    2. Mascherin
    3. Jayce

Readiness:

1. Jayce
    2. Mascherin
    3. Borgstrom.

Take your pick what you need earlier. My gut says Mascherin will hit sooner than expected.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.