Thread: Let's talk about Theodore

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Let's talk about Theodore

Theodore is a keeper for me in a points only. I expected him, as a Duck, to be around 35 next year, and 40+ thereafter. Does this change now that he is on Vegas? (Let's assume he stays there; no use speculating on Theodore on unknown teams)
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Let's talk about Theodore

35 next year sounds about right to me. Similar kind of season to what Skjei put together this past year.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Well it should, he wasn't going to get 35 on the Ducks this year either. Too far down the depth charts and seemingly was behind Montour for PP time. PP1 is open on Vegas and does any other Dman selected have similar offensive acumen as him?

That D is going to struggle to score. period. I think he's got a better shot at 30 this year, than in Anh... that said getting to 40 over the next couple years is going to be a real struggle. Not until this team establishes a mid-pack offence.

His trade value I'd argue took a hit. For me, he's a long term hold now.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sophomore

For what it's worth, Gerrard Gallant has never had a 40pt defenseman in the NHL... Theodore's value should be increased today based solely on the fact that he isn't at the bottom of the pile in Anaheim anymore, but his ceiling given the surrounding talent is lowered until proven otherwise. Tough to gauge what to expect this year, but I'd lean closer to 30pts than 40.
    18 Team Full Keeper Start 10F, 3D, 1 G, 1 Flex Skater, 3 ​JR

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, SHG, SHA, W 1.5 Point: PPA 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG .5 Point; Star .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

F:
    Johansen, JvR, Monahan, Kucherov, Tavares, Coyle, Pastrnak, Draisaitl, Rakell, Dadanov, Pacioretti, Gusev, Kaprizov, Tomasino, ​Greenway
    D: Theodore, Carlson, Josi, Valimaki, Hughes, K Miller, ​Grzelcyk
    G: Holtby, Gibson, Kahkonen