Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: [TRADE] Eberle to NYI

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: [TRADE] Eberle to NYI

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    Um...might be a good time to lock this thread.
    It's on topic.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Nope your totally right and I 100% agree. Chiarelli is so incompetent that Kris Russell was for sure going to be on Edmonton next season, 100% no question. If Edmonton made no other offseason moves, Kris Russell would have been re-signed. Unfortunately, if Chiarelli hadn't been able to trade Eberle, he would have had to trade Draisatl because he couldn't afford to pay him. Either way though, Kris Russell 100% would have been on the Oilers next season. The Islanders are such idiots. They shouldn't have traded for Eberle, thereby forcing Chiarelli to trade Draisatl, because he couldn't afford to pay him. Since Kris Russell, 100%, whether Eberle was traded or not, would be on the Edmonton Oilers next season.

I understand now. Man Chiarelli is INCOMPETENT. He really lucked out someone was willing to take Eberle so he didn't have to trade Draisatl, since either way Russell was 100% going to be on the Oilers next season. God what a bad GM to risk his young stud center like that by hinging it all on whether he could trade an underperforming winger.
    Straw man argument. Seen this tactic before. Digging deep into the ole bag of tricks I see.

Wanna know the real secret in all this, that you really are failing to grasp. Eberle wasnt traded to clear room for Russell, hell he wasnt even really traded to clear room for Leon or Connor, in truth we still had the cap room to keep all 4 guys since Connor has 1 more year at ELC and there's alternate paths for the Oil to clear cap space.
    He was traded cause he has sucked the last 2 years. Not all the time, not always on the stats sheet, not in the eyes of all viewers, but from the perspective of Chiarelli he needed to go. Hell the tipping point in trading Seguin away was cause he disappointed in his playoff performance the prior year, not his off-ice issues, tho that played a big part. Not saying I agree with what Chiarelli did with Seguin, but when he makes his mind up on a player he moves them. Eberle was expendable to Chiarelli. 2 secondary assists in 13 playoff games sealed his fate with this team.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    Straw man argument. Your favorite tactic. Digging deep into the ole bag of tricks I see.

Wanna know the real secret in all this, that you really are failing to grasp. Eberle wasnt traded to clear room for Russell, hell he wasnt even really traded to clear room for Leon or Connor, in truth we still had the cap room to keep all 4 guys since Connor has 1 more year at ELC and there's alternate paths for the Oil to clear cap space.
    He was traded cause he has sucked the last 2 years. Not all the time, not always on the stats sheet, not in the eyes of all viewers, but from the perspective of Chiarelli he needed to go. Hell the tipping point in trading Seguin away was cause he disappointed in his playoff performance the prior year, not his off-ice issues, tho that played a big part. Not saying I agree with what Chiarelli did with Seguin, but when he makes his mind up on a player he moves them. Eberle was expendable to Chiarelli. 2 secondary assists in 13 playoff games sealed his fate with this team.
    Correct. Eberle traded to make room for Draisatl. Settled. Russell on the team 100% either way. All of the facts. Got it, thank you. Very good.

Dobber Sports Pro

Must really stick in your craw that your title picture under your rep. bar is Wayne Gretzky in an Oil uniform.
    I know I get a kick out of it.

Dobber Sports Genius

Correct. Eberle traded to make room for Draisatl. Settled. Russell on the team 100% either way. All of the facts. Got it, thank you. Very good.
    Only took 123 post to get there.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

The Great One

I agree.

Eberle needed to go regardless.

Ive said this many times that Spezza would never win the cup in Ottawa. Than I changed my tune that Spezza will never win the cup as a #1 center.

I think the same as Eberle. He will never win the cup as a first line winger. And he gets paid way too much to be a 2nd line winger.

He had to go.

Getting Strome was a bonus. If I was Chiarelli Id try sign Strome at $2.5M x whenever he turns UFA.

Must really stick in your craw that your title picture under your rep. bar is Wayne Gretzky in an Oil uniform.
    I know I get a kick out of it.
    The second best player of all time? Naw, I'm cool with it. It's fitting for not the top rank.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    Um...might be a good time to lock this thread.
    Just some lighthearted chirping between rivals. These summer months can be so dull, gotta pass the time somehow

Just some lighthearted chirping between rivals. These summer months can be so dull, gotta pass the time somehow
    Exactly, we're all friends here. Would be silly to take this personally, it's just hockey lol.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Exactly, we're all friends here. Would be silly to take this personally, it's just hockey lol.
    Whatever... you're still a Jerk!

... now trade me Jarnkrok.