Thread: 2 trades, how did I do, goal is going for the title next year

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default 2 trades, how did I do, goal is going for the title next year

Been fixing a team I took over for a few years now. Keep 27, points only. After being in the basement for 3 seasons I finished 2nd this year. 45 points back of first place. 2 week lineups, dress 4 of each forward position, 5 d and 2 goalies. Bottom player at each position each lineup doesn't count. (so if 4 LW all had 4 points you get 12, where if one had 8, two had 4 and one had 1 you'd get 16 and the 1 wouldn't count.

Trade 1
    Team A (league champ) trades Brent Burns to Team B (myself) for Christian Dvorak and a 1st round pick, will be in the 1-5 range depending on draft lottery. To give an idea of the value of the pick, before trading it I was hoping to target Guentzel with it as I figure our draft goes hischier/patrick/guentzel

This left my keeper D as Burns, Josi, Hamilton, Werenski, Parayko, Brodie

Trade 2

Team A (8th place) trades Kyle Okposo to team B (myself) for TJ Brodie

RW was my biggest need for depth up front, hoping to target Brady Skjei to be my 6th D with my other first round pick to replace Brodie.

RW keepers are now Laine, Stone, Okposo, Drouin, Zucarello, Boeser
    LW keepers are Panarin, Hoffman, Ehlers, Miller, Mantha
    C keepers are Eichel, O'Reilly, Getzlaf, Kesler, Johnson, Bennett, Point
    G keepers are Andersen, Vasilevski

I have a few spots I'm still deciding on keepers, but I think these trades leave me with the top LW and D in our league, and competitive at C/RW/D

The Great One

Default Re: 2 trades, how did I do, goal is going for the title next year

burns is not the top d in points only, imo. but I still like that trade for a win now team.

okposo for Brodie is also decent.

definitely a step forward. good luck next year.

Dobber Sports Guru

Very solid looking squad.
    I like both deals for you. Surprised the league champ moved Burns to you for that price.

I think C is your weak spot now. Eichel is clearly awesome, and ROR is safe and dependable, but Getz, Kesler, Johnson all feel like guys that could take steps down. I'd consider trying to move one of them for someone younger -- you've got the depth.
    Your goalies could both take another step forward this year.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Superstar

that Burns trade is senseless for other owner and bad but hey good for you; be nice if Brayden Point gets a consistent top 6 center spot with scoring wingers the guy has the stuff it is proven.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    burns is not the top d in points only, imo. but I still like that trade for a win now team.

okposo for Brodie is also decent.

definitely a step forward. good luck next year.
    I didn't mean Burns was the top D, I meant I think my top 5 D are the best group of D in our league.

Dobber Sports Genius

Trade 1 was solid and scooping Burns off of a major rival is an awesome bonus. This deal was a big win for you.

As for Trade 2, I'm not sure I'd be investing in Okposo at the moment but if he is actually fully heathy and ready to go he could be a decent investment.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    Trade 1 was solid and scooping Burns off of a major rival is an awesome bonus. This deal was a big win for you.

As for Trade 2, I'm not sure I'd be investing in Okposo at the moment but if he is actually fully heathy and ready to go he could be a decent investment.
    I agree there's some risk there. Brodie likely wasn't going to get in my lineup often this year, if Okposo is healthy he'll be in my lineup so I figured it was worth the risk. Seems half the teams in the league are always looking for RW, so figured I can get my depth D in the draft easier than my depth RW.

When he initially put Burns on the block I ignored it thinking he'd be way too expensive. Few days later we got talking on it and I couldn't believe the price I got.

The Great One

Love the second trade, since signs point to Okposo seemingly being fine and Brodie will soon be pushed farther aside by Hamilton. Trade 1 seems good, especially since it's not only a benefit to you but also it hurts your likely chief rival.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Prodigy

2nd through 4th places were 10 points apart. The guy in first was walking away with it. His D and Centres were carrying him. Then he traded Shea Weber, and I started making ground up, and he's now traded Burns. He got some clutch performance down the stretch at centre from Malkin/Backstrom/Zetterberg though that kept him in first.

For this year he should be ahead of me at C and G, RW I should be ahead on depth as long as my Laine can match his Kucherov. And I should be ahead at LW and D

Dobber Sports Genius

I like both trades even with the risk of taking on Okposo.

I like your D and wingers. I don't know how many teams are in your league, but knowing the depth and trading with the guy who was in 8th, I know there is at least 8 teams. That makes me happy with your D and wingers.

Your centres and goalies are yucky. Try to use some of those extra picks you have and package them with the likes of Getzlaf, Kevlar, ROR and look for upgrades at those two positions.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    I like both trades even with the risk of taking on Okposo.

I like your D and wingers. I don't know how many teams are in your league, but knowing the depth and trading with the guy who was in 8th, I know there is at least 8 teams. That makes me happy with your D and wingers.

Your centres and goalies are yucky. Try to use some of those extra picks you have and package them with the likes of Getzlaf, Kevlar, ROR and look for upgrades at those two positions.
    10 team league. With keep 27 top goalies are impossible to get without overpaying. With Toronto improving and expecting Tampa to rebound a bit, I'm ok with my goalies. I'd give up too much to improve them. I've gone through quite a few goalies trying to fix that situation. I also have Hellebuyck and Mrazek that I didn't mention, although I likely don't have room to keep Mrazek

At centre I was hoping for more from Bennett last year. For now I'm ok with my centres, knowing they aren't my strong point. Kesler was a 7th round depth pickup last year who had a good year.

Appreciate the feedback