Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Draft eligible prospects.....Q&A

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Draft eligible prospects.....Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    I hope people in my league take Makar and Im able to draft Heiskanen later. I would be doing cartwheels.

Id even argue that Heiskanen is a better puck mover than Makar. He is one of the safest picks in this draft because he barely makes mistakes. High hockey IQ, good with and without the puck, great skating, vision, etc. Calm and poised his (offensive) ceiling is higher with A LOT less risk than Makar.

In fantasy drafts there is no reason why Heiskanen should fall out of the top 6.

Patrick
    Hischier

Glass
    Vilardi
    Mittelstadt

Heiskanen <---- Worst case scenario in fantasy drafts

Necaas
    Pettersson
    Makar

-----Something like that.
    Pretty much my list as well. Thanks for the vote of confidence, Guru.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Prodigy

For keeper leagues with an NA slot to stash guys (16 teams by 18 keepers) are there any hidden gems that would warrant a stash?
    http://forums.dobbersports.com/signa...gpic2298_1.gif

FSC is always looking for dedicated dynasty league managers. We run 8 standard dynasty leagues (18/23 kept) - see available here https://fantasysportscoalition.wordpress.com/ and 1 contract dynasty ( players earn salaries on contracts ranging from 1-4 years) https://fantasysportscoalition.wordp...ague-waitlist/

Dobber Sports Initiate

I know that goalies are more often than not a crapshoot, but I gotta ask : how's the golaie crop looking for this year's draft?

Also... since I own the 1st overall pick in our league's next draft (basically points only), how much stock should be put into which team drafts Nico and which team drafts Nolan (New Jersey, Philly or Dallas), how much does this affect their value, upside, likely production and wait time?
    On a fantasy hockey break.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post
    Pretty much my list as well. Thanks for the vote of confidence, Guru.
    We'll see.

A lot can happen at the draft. Risers/fallers, which tend to change the way we think about a prospect.

One of the most wide open drafts I can recall in the last half dozen years, at least.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoeman View Post
    I know that goalies are more often than not a crapshoot, but I gotta ask : how's the golaie crop looking for this year's draft?

Also... since I own the 1st overall pick in our league's next draft (basically points only), how much stock should be put into which team drafts Nico and which team drafts Nolan (New Jersey, Philly or Dallas), how much does this affect their value, upside, likely production and wait time?
    Honestly, I've never drafted a goalie right out of the draft in my keeper league. Points only as well (3W/2SO). The wait is so ridiculous long that Id rather not waste a roster spot. In my 12 team league we keep 35+5 prospects(under 100GP) and tons of goalie prospects are available. Plus, goalies come out of nowhere a lot of the time too. Saying that, this Oettinger guy is supposed to be legit. A lot of scouts like Depietro too. Their ranked 1-2, with Petruzzeli rounded up the top 3. It wouldn't shock me if another goalie in this years draft ended up being better than them though.

At the end of the day where Hischier and Patrick get drafted shouldn't matter too much. Philly has a better core to work with for sure and I like whoever gets drafted there better in fantasy. I think both players are close enough that it comes down to linemates/opportunity. But in the grand scheme of things it shouldn't matter. Both players should be great NHLers no matter which team drafts them.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonCrunch View Post
    For keeper leagues with an NA slot to stash guys (16 teams by 18 keepers) are there any hidden gems that would warrant a stash?
    You have one NA slot?

If you can fill that slot with one person in this draft I'd be (in order)

Rasmussen
    Suzuki
    Tolvanen
    Poehling
    Kostin
    Thomas
    Yamamoto

Im assuming a hidden gem in your draft translates to a mid to late NHL first that pans out? However, Id gotta think there might be some better options already out there.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Owen Tippett, a really good story on SN this weekend about him. Have heard the questions on his hockey sense but it seems from the article he's very coachable, so is it a concern or is it because he hasn't been put in places to succeed yet (or even because he's a winger, compared to a bunch of C)? It's tough though to make a top selection in fantasy on a winger. Any feedback on him and where you think he slots in compared to those perceived to be around him?
    XGL - 16 Team, Points Dynasty League
    $114M cap, 54+ Players, Year #16 - 1st(6x): 08, 12-13, 16, 18-19

F(9+3R): Rantanen, P Kane, Bergeron, Lindholm, Tarasenko, Kadri, Olofsson+
    R: Newhook, Perfetti+
    D(5+2R): Makar, Hronek, Dunn, Sanheim, Andersson
    R: Seider, Harley+

G(2+1R): Price, Varly

WHL - 24 Team Dobber League (Lake Valley Thunder) - 2020/21 Champion
    F: Aho, Bergeron, OV, Hintz, Hoffman+
    D: Hedman, Makar, Werenski, Hronek+
    G: Andersen, Lankinen, Oettinger
    R: Reichel, Timmins, Bjornfot, Cormier, Johnston+

The Great One

Tippett is a pure goal scorer with average size and good speed. Quick hard release.

His knack is he's a 'floater'. Struggles away from the puck and watches the play too much.

Even at the combine many scouts talked about what a 'good kid' he is.

Someone with a release like his coupled with his skating abilities makes him interesting. I can see him being a top 10 pick but I could also see him fall to the late teens/early twenties.

I wouldn't stretch to draft him thats for sure.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Tell me more about Klim Kostin.

I've read so many varied opinions on the guy, seems like he has a ton of upside but lots of questions with work ethic and attitude?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFlash View Post
    Tell me more about Klim Kostin.

I've read so many varied opinions on the guy, seems like he has a ton of upside but lots of questions with work ethic and attitude?
    His season ended with a shoulder injury which really put a damper on his draft ranking.

Big kid. 6'3, 200ish lbs. Long reach, physically strong. Smooth powerful skater. Protects the puck well. Heavy shot.

Not a great playmaker and a questionable work ethic. Haven't read anything about attitude issues.

He did captain Team Russia on two different occasions this year. 2016 Ivan Hlinka Tourny and the World Junior A Challenge. He also captained Russia in the U17 and U18 last year. Seems to be a leader. It's worth noting that he declined to show up to Kootenay after being drafted 1st overall in the CHL import draft.