Thread: Offered price

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Offered price

In a 16 team multicat h2h salary cap dynasty been offered price for my hedman and fleury. Seems like too much, I feel like fleury could have a big year. Thoughts? Start 2 and talbot is my other tender fwiw

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Offered price

What's your defence like? Do you count salary, cap hit, or is it a custom cap?
    On the surface without knowing more details, I don't think it's enough for Price. Steal for you.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

actual salary, so $6.5m for price. Hedman is $7.75 I believe and lindholm is $2.7m.
    I've got a solid d including Letang, jones, Carlson and Keith.

cat pts g=1.5,a,shp=1,hit,bs,pim,shot=0.1,ppp,gwg,+/-=0.5 (bonus 0.5 for dman g,a)

Dobber Sports Guru

Sorry, but how does Lindholm get involved with this?

Anyways, I would make that deal. Why would you think Fleury is going to have a big year? He's either going to be a backup in Pittsburgh, the starter on an expansion team in Vegas, or maybe go to a team like Calgary. The odds of him having a big year is pretty low.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Haha my bad, too much trade talk. Ignore the lindholm part.

The Great One

Would be useful to see point values in your set up for price, fleury, hedman, plus your other d men. I don't know the scoring cats for goalies, and I'm not doing all that calculating myself.

I agree with newf, though, there is nothing to suggest a big year from fleury next year. and while hedman is really good, he also has a very sizeable cap hit.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I put the scoring cat weights in the third post down.
    Thanks guys!

Dobber Sports Sage

Im pulling the trigger on this (even tho I only see skater cats in post 3 and not goalie, assuming standard goalie cats apply). Ur d can handle the depth and you end up with 2 of the top 3 dobber ranked goalies. Also, flip a coin on whether Hedman repeats what he did last year. You could look like a genius with this trade or if everything goes right for Hedman and Fleury (alot of if's out there), it looks fairly even. This is the kind of risk mitigation I look for in trades.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Pulled the trigger, thanks for all the input! Saves me a boatload of cap room too!
    My bad, copy and pasted the cats, didn't even look to make sure the goalie cats were there.

The Great One

Just to take this a step further as a conversation piece but I do wonder about Hedman next season - this year was a huge season for him but was buoyed by his PP production feeding Kucherov - issue before was that he was on the wrong side to feed Stamkos one timers so if Stamkos gets up to PP1 again do we see Hedman being bumped off and a subsequent decline? Do the Bolts have a 1a and 1b on the pp and split the time which also means a decrease for Hedman - may be time to sell high....
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Just to take this a step further as a conversation piece but I do wonder about Hedman next season - this year was a huge season for him but was buoyed by his PP production feeding Kucherov - issue before was that he was on the wrong side to feed Stamkos one timers so if Stamkos gets up to PP1 again do we see Hedman being bumped off and a subsequent decline? Do the Bolts have a 1a and 1b on the pp and split the time which also means a decrease for Hedman - may be time to sell high....
    That's definitely a thing. Hedman jumped from 11 PPP with Stamkos in the lineup in 2015-16 to 33 PPP with Stamkos out most of the year in 2016-17. Another reason to make the deal.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gooding74 View Post
    That's definitely a thing. Hedman jumped from 11 PPP with Stamkos in the lineup in 2015-16 to 33 PPP with Stamkos out most of the year in 2016-17. Another reason to make the deal.
    Very interesting. I had not considered this angle before. Would be very surprised if Stamkos and Kucherov were not both on PP1.

The Great One

It's not so much whether it is Stamkos or Kucherov on PP1 - I agree in that I think they both will be but if Stamkos is the one that sets up for the one timer then having Stralman pass to him is a better option than Hedman due to handedness (is that even a word?). We regularly acknowledge the importance of pp points for production so a change in a pp system, or a change back in this instance, is also a factor.
    Experience is the teacher of all things.