Poll: Pens or Preds?

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanley Cup Final: Pittsburgh Penguins vs Nashville Predators

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Stanley Cup Final: Pittsburgh Penguins vs Nashville Predators

I wonder what the record is for least amount of shots in a victory? It wouldn't surprise me if it involved the Devils, but does anyone know?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Prior to 1977 only players who had completed the Stanley Cup playoffs were eligible. Today, players appearing in 41 regular-season games or one Stanley Cup Final game for the championship team have their names engraved on the Cup.
    https://www.thoughtco.com/players-na...ey-cup-2779441
    based on this answer:

Ribeiro played 46 games - looks like he would get engraved Fiala 54 -should also

I can't see an injured rookie getting the Cup ahead of the vets. He'll be one of the last.

Fisher, Rinne, Josi, PK, FF would be my expected early order.
    Pretty sure each individual team can choose who does and does not go on the cup.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

The question becomes did Nashville overwhelm them or did Pittsburgh play terrible?

If it's the first, Nashville is in the drivers seat despite losing.

If it's the second, that's a big missed opportunity considering you need to take 4 of 7 from the defending champs.

I tend to think it's the latter and Pittsburgh played like garbage.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    The question becomes did Nashville overwhelm them or did Pittsburgh play terrible?

If it's the first, Nashville is in the drivers seat despite losing.

If it's the second, that's a big missed opportunity considering you need to take 4 of 7 from the defending champs.

I tend to think it's the latter and Pittsburgh played like garbage.
    You would think it's the latter because it's Pittsburgh.....however....I still think Nashville can outplay them if the Penguins are more on their game.

You're right tho....sucks to miss out on that opportunity.

Dobber Sports Titan

Gary Bettman said the Offside/GI challenge has worked out how they expected....Guess they didn't want it
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Administrator

At the very least they should add a time limit to come up with a conclusion. If it's not decisive after 2 minutes the call on the ice stands.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

So boring.

No shots, terrible reffing, long reviews.

I'm glad Ottawa didn't make it to the finals as no Canadian team will ever win the Cup under Gary Bettman anyway.

Enough watching hockey for me this year and back to giving and receiving fantasy hockey advice.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Gary Bettman said the Offside/GI challenge has worked out how they expected....Guess they didn't want it
    That's impossible. I know he said that but cmon. Pitt gained possession...then lost it....then Nash scored.

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    At the very least they should add a time limit to come up with a conclusion. If it's not decisive after 2 minutes the call on the ice stands.
    I agree. But still haven't seen a 100% conclusive view of that skate being up. I thought that was needed? If I had to guess....I would say it's up. But this isn't guess work here. When a goalie's glove save has the trapper going into the net, don't they need 100% visibility to call it a goal?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I agree. But still haven't seen a 100% conclusive view of that skate being up. I thought that was needed? If I had to guess....I would say it's up. But this isn't guess work here. When a goalie's glove save has the trapper going into the net, don't they need 100% visibility to call it a goal?
    I get what you mean but I'm just suggesting they at least save our time if they're going this way about it. No sense stopping the game for 12 minutes to perhaps get the call wrong anyway.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports All-Star

I like the idea of a time limit on plays under review. These reviews can suck the life out of a game. Yeesh. As an aside, it did not look like offside IMHO. Certainly not definitive.

In the end the refs won this game for Pittsburgh. Both penalties on the original 5 on 3 were not penalties. One phantom trip and one obvious dive. Changed the tide of the the period.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Pretty sure each individual team can choose who does and does not go on the cup.
    well, you ignored the link (source) so here's another: To have one's name engraved on the Stanley Cup certain requirements must be met. A player must have at least 41 games played with the club or one game played in the Stanley Cup Finals. However, in 1994 a stipulation was added to allow a team to petition the Commissioner for permission to have players' names put on the Cup if extenuating circumstances prevented them from being available to play

http://www.webcitation.org/5mq4TUogx...fun_facts.html
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanle...e_inscriptions

Interesting Raanta isn't on the 14/15 Cup - 14 games, 7 wins during the reg. season, but Chi never submitted his name for engraving http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/a...llo-nordstrom/

Its amazing what you can find when you research for 2 min vs. just stating an opinion
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Great point... who determines the time... cause if they are looking at it that long... then it should be to close to call... leave some human judgement in it... unless it is blatantly obvious (yeah... I am looking at you Duchene) then keep the game rolling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wonko View Post
    I like the idea of a time limit on plays under review. These reviews can suck the life out of a game. Yeesh. As an aside, it did not look like offside IMHO. Certainly not definitive.

In the end the refs won this game for Pittsburgh. Both penalties on the original 5 on 3 were not penalties. One phantom trip and one obvious dive. Changed the tide of the the period.
    PLUS.... Crosby clearly interfered with the defensman trying to clear the puck right before the goal... haha

Dobber Sports Guru

Seeing on Twitter Rinne getting a lot of blame. But one goal was a 5-on-3, the other was a pass to a wide open Sheary, one went off the dman, and the Guentzel goal was a perfect shot. I don't think Rinne was to blame on any of the goals.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Seeing on Twitter Rinne getting a lot of blame. But one goal was a 5-on-3, the other was a pass to a wide open Sheary, one went off the dman, and the Guentzel goal was a perfect shot. I don't think Rinne was to blame on any of the goals.
    yes, and it must have been hard for him getting no shots just standing around. some goalies are better if they get lots of pucks thrown at em

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    He really wasn't. Awful game for sure and he probably should have had one or two stopped...but just bad outcomes.