Poll: Pens or Preds?

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanley Cup Final: Pittsburgh Penguins vs Nashville Predators

The Great One

Default Re: Stanley Cup Final: Pittsburgh Penguins vs Nashville Predators

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Calling my shot that whoever wins game 1 will win the series. I think it will tell us a lot of how this series will go.
    My shot: whoever wins the last game will take the series.

My heart says the Preds in 7, my brain says the Penguins in 6. Penguins in 6.

Oh how much I'd love to see a new team win...and the PK-Montreal thing would also be epic.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Pens in 7. Big time players win big time games. Will be a close series both teams play really well in a lot of aspects but Crosby is the difference and back to back cups cements his legacy.
    http://forums.dobbersports.com/signa...gpic2298_1.gif

FSC is always looking for dedicated dynasty league managers. We run 8 standard dynasty leagues (18/23 kept) - see available here https://fantasysportscoalition.wordpress.com/ and 1 contract dynasty ( players earn salaries on contracts ranging from 1-4 years) https://fantasysportscoalition.wordp...ague-waitlist/

Dobber Sports Master

I ****ing hate the Pens. Go Preds!!!!!!!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Heart wants Preds in 6. Mind says Preds can win in 7. Gut says it's Crosby and he won't lose.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Sorry Sens fans, this is a much better match up for the rest of us hockey fans. Damn Crosby and the Pens survived another brutal playoff run to get back to the Cup final and I'm cheering for the Preds to win their first Stanley Cup. Unless you're not a fan of country music, a heartless terrorist or a Pens fan, how can you not cheer for Nashville.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Sorry Sens fans, this is a much better match up for the rest of us hockey fans. Damn Crosby and the Pens survived another brutal playoff run to get back to the Cup final and I'm cheering for the Preds to win their first Stanley Cup. Unless you're not a fan of country music, a heartless terrorist or a Pens fan, how can you not cheer for Nashville.
    Unless you're: not a fan of country music, a heartless terrorist or a Pens fan, how can you not cheer for Nashville.
    Unless you're not: a fan of country music, a heartless terrorist or a Pens fan, how can you not cheer for Nashville.

^Depending on where you put the colon there it really changes the meaning of what you said. I had to re-read it a couple of times.

Also want to point out that probably the biggest NSH fan around here isn't a country music fan.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Unless you're: not a fan of country music, a heartless terrorist or a Pens fan, how can you not cheer for Nashville.
    Unless you're not: a fan of country music, a heartless terrorist or a Pens fan, how can you not cheer for Nashville.

^Depending on where you put the colon there it really changes the meaning of what you said. I had to re-read it a couple of times.

Also want to point out that probably the biggest NSH fan around here isn't a country music fan.
    lol, I knew I should have re-read what I wrote before hitting post! Punctuation is important!

Dobber Sports Ace

Washington was a better team that Nashville imo. And Pittsburgh was able to dispatch of them. I can see a lot of back and forth games with a decent amount of scoring, but the penguins, ultimately coming out on top. They're just firing on all cylinders right now. Heck they've been doing it since Sullivan came on board. Their PP is better, their goalie is better and they're forwards, although close in depth, are far more skilled as an entire unit.

And Pittsburgh has one major X factor and that's Sindey Crosby. Ever since Sullivan arrived Sid has been reborn. His is hands down the best player in the game right now. He's on a whole other level.

This will be the stuff we tell our kids about when they get older. How we were able to witness the reign of the Penguins on the backs of the greatest player to play the game, maybe all time. This will be Crosby's legacy. How he dominated hockey for over a decade and capped it all off with back to back Cups and Conn Smythes.

Nashville is a great team. But a great team loses in the finals every year.
    I'm picking the Penguins, obviously
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Baby View Post
    How we were able to witness the reign of the Penguins on the backs of the greatest player to play the game, maybe all time. This will be Crosby's legacy. How he dominated hockey for over a decade and capped it all off with back to back Cups and Conn Smythes.
    Uh, no. I'll give you 103 reasons why...99 + 4
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Master

Unless you're a heartless terrorist how can you not cheer for Nashville.
    Cheer for the Preds or the terrorists win.

Dobber Sports Ace

Uh, no. I'll give you 103 reasons why...99 + 4
    Thats tough to argue with. There was a "maybe" in my statement. But when you adjust for era and the parody of the NHL, not to mention the fact that the goalies are waaaaaaaaay better now than they ever were. Crosby should be in the conversation for the G.O.A.T. Especially if he and the Penguins become the first back to back champs in almost 30 years. Also, lets not forget that World Cup mvp he squeezed in there, between his (maybe) b2b cups.
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Padawan

Preds in six. They embarrassed the Hawks, spanked the Blues, and grinded the Ducks down to nothing. Pittsburgh is an inferior team to all three, in my opinion, especially without Letang et al.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by The Guvnah View Post
    Preds in six. They embarrassed the Hawks, spanked the Blues, and grinded the Ducks down to nothing. Pittsburgh is an inferior team to all three, in my opinion, especially without Letang et al.
    It's not like Pittsburgh beat a tough Columbus team, the regular season champ, and a team that was on a huge roll as a Cinderella team. Pens would've beaten all 3 of those teams as well.
    http://forums.dobbersports.com/signa...gpic2298_1.gif

FSC is always looking for dedicated dynasty league managers. We run 8 standard dynasty leagues (18/23 kept) - see available here https://fantasysportscoalition.wordpress.com/ and 1 contract dynasty ( players earn salaries on contracts ranging from 1-4 years) https://fantasysportscoalition.wordp...ague-waitlist/

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by The Guvnah View Post
    Preds wouldn't have beaten the Hawks or Blues without RJo and Fisher. Granted, they did finish off the gutless Ducks minus their top 2 Cs. Sometimes, when your goalie is playing above his head, these things happen.

To say Pittsburgh is inferior to those teams is one of the more egregious things I've read in these forums. Especially with Jultz and Hornqvist back. If I were a gambling man (and I most certainly am), I'd not bet against two of the best centres this league has ever seen. I don't think Rinne keeps up his Herculean goaltending. I don't think the Preds are good enough down the middle. I don't think Lavy is as good a coach as Sully. And, I do think that the Pens ragtag D that has come together to eliminate an extremely tough BJs team, a best in the league Caps team, and the Ottawa Karlssons can handle the likes of Mike Fisher and Colton Sissons.

Pens in 3.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Big Baby View Post
    Thats tough to argue with. There was a "maybe" in my statement. But when you adjust for era and the parody of the NHL, not to mention the fact that the goalies are waaaaaaaaay better now than they ever were. Crosby should be in the conversation for the G.O.A.T. Especially if he and the Penguins become the first back to back champs in almost 30 years. Also, lets not forget that World Cup mvp he squeezed in there, between his (maybe) b2b cups.
    I don't think he should, he hasn't even dominated his own era in a way you can clearly and without debate argue he's the best player in the league every year. Last year Kane hands down, Ovie in previous years, Malkin over Sid in a couple, no McDavid. this pulls the thread completely off track, but over the past 12years, yes, I'd agree the best over that period, but he's been up and down. Gretzky, Howe, Orr, they dominated everyone every night, ever year.

Sid doesn't do that. Hell, this playoffs, Malkin has outshined him almost nightly.

Karlsson (as much as it chokes me to say so) does. I think there should be more discussion of Karlsson being the best in the NHL of the past 10 years, especially the past 3 where he's developed some defensive ability
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4