Thread: Seguin & Benn

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Seguin & Benn

With the new coach, many fantasy owners such as myself are a little worried that their production will fall decently.

There has been threads about this already but do you guys think the drop off in production will be large enough that fantasy owners should sell?

If so, who would be a good target to pursue?

Right now, my 6 keepers are Kuznetsov, Kuch, Seguin, Benn, Kane & Pasta in a keep 6 and I'm wondering if I should move 1 or both of the Dallas forwards for someone else.
    (My cats are GA +/- PIM PPP SOG FW HIT BLK)

I was considering Eichel, Karlsson, Scheifele, Draisaitl and a couple others being interesting targets.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Seguin & Benn

1. Welcome to the forums!
    2. Do not sell. The drop off if any will be minimal.
    3. I guess you could sell if you're getting pieces like Eichel and Karlsson back.
    4. The duo underperformed last season, so I am actually thinking that if they go either direction, it will be up.

Basically what I'm trying to say is don't worry. That will lead you to overreact, sell low, and spend a long time regretting dealing two of the best talents in the game.
    You do however have a lot of one dimensional players. I would suggest moving one of Kuch, Kuz or Kane for someone to diversify your stats. I would target Eichel and Karlsson first of the names you mentioned.

How many teams are in your league?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

I...am your father.

I think Benn is dropping off anyway, unless a full summer off (without surgeries for once) gets him back to his old self. And Seguin was finally healthy for a full season...and he gets 72 measly points? He was getting that back when he was missing 10 games a year. If anything, a new coach helps these two. But with all the injuries and surgeries, I don't see a huge uptick - but no downtick either
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

The Great One

As you noted, a lot of advice has been given in the various threads, particularly about Seguin. My informal guess is roughly 75% of folks here think Seguin is not a candidate for a notable drop off, and some even think he could benefit. I'm not in that camp. I think it will be bad to ugly. I'm also with Dobber that Benn has peaked, although I don't see him as a risk for as pronounced of a drop off as Seguin.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Administrator

I doubt you get a fair return if you move either of them now, let alone some of the high-end guys you mentioned. I'd keep them wouldn't be worried.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust