Thread: Aho vs puljujarvi

The Magnificent One

Default Aho vs puljujarvi

Who do you prefer short term and long term? Does pulj play on NHL this year?

G,a,pts,sog,stp,hit,blk,tk,fow

This is a salary cap league where we do own salaries.

Aho = $1 for two years the falls to rfa where he can be bid on up to $15mil a year (can't keep at that rate)

Pulj = $2 for 4 years but only cap kicks in once I activate as in when he comes to NHL and I call him up
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Aho vs puljujarvi

Aho for the next two years and Pulj after that based purely on production. That just so happens to line up exactly with what would make sense with their salaries too. I think I would want Pulj here.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

So you have Pulj for 4 years starting from whenever you decide to activate him?

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    So you have Pulj for 4 years starting from whenever you decide to activate him?

Sorry miss typed its 3 years not 4 but yes starting from when activated. So if he is in the NHL next year I might already activate him but might not if I can hold out
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

The Great One

Yeah Id rather Puljujarvi and I wouldn't activate him until you're ready to compete.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Yeah Id rather Puljujarvi and I wouldn't activate him until you're ready to compete.
    ditto
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Magnificent One

Yeah but looking to compete now lol.

But might not be able to.. gotta see how I fill out bottom half of roster

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Aho for the next two years and Pulj after that based purely on production. That just so happens to line up exactly with what would make sense with their salaries too. I think I would want Pulj here.
    Nailed it. Feel the same way.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Jedi

Even if you're waiting for Pulj to round into form for the next two years. Unless Aho becomes a 70+ pt player, regardless of on ice production Puljujarvi is going to hold more name value and likely yield a higher return if you attempt to trade him vs. Aho. The McDavid factor is real in fantasy hockey. Just the prospects of him lining up on McD's wing is enough to boost his value significantly.

Aho right now is on an island of value. No one with the Canes going into next season screams elite. Linemates/teammates affect player value as well. I'd want Pulj as he'll give you a bigger return in a year even if Aho is 20pts better
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4