Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bobby Ryan???

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Bobby Ryan???

Quote Originally Posted by Bauma1Mg View Post
    Not sure how everyone can be so quick to take a dump on the man who only had Sid picked ahead of him in his daft year.

He scored 30+ goals each of his first 4 years in the league, including 31 in 64 his rookie season.

I think his ceeling is much higher than the 50 points that's being thrown around. If he sticks with this teams solid top 6 and plays on a PP1 QB'd by #65, there's no reason he can't regain his confidence and ride it to being a 30/30 guy at least.
    we're now 5 years removed from his last 30 goal season and he's put up 54 and 56 pts in his two best seasons since. Sometimes it's more likely they are no longer the player they were and more, the player they are. I won't dismiss the possibility of another 60+pt season, but I think if it happens, it's a one-off and should not be expected as the norm. Draft for and expect a 50pt player to avoid disappointment, hope for more.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Ryan is simply not a player than can play a steady, focused game for 82gp.
    There's a select few in the NHL that have really excellent tools, but no pace: Evander Kane, Michael Grabner.
    These guys can buckle down and be really fantastic players when they want... but its an impossible gear to maintain for a full regular season.

Bobby Ryan is a 65pt player when he's focused... and a 40pt player when he's not.
    So - I agree with others... he's a 50pt guy over the course of a full fantasy season.
    This.

Every year there are guys on each team who become playoff heroes. Don't get sucked into it. Ryan has a large enough sample size to know what he is.

Dobber Sports Stud

Until this past season where he played through lots of injuries Ryan had put up 5 consecutive seasons that saw him either finish with or on pace to finish with 53-56 points. When he is healthy that is who he is and you'd have to be a bit crazy to expect anything more than that. In some leagues those are healthy numbers and well worth the own while in others not so much.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Ryan said he changed his style this year because the coach asked him.

It took some time to adjust, I guess.

And I would also add... that his new style *might* even make him more durable.