Poll: Who wins the series and how quickly?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference Final: Pittsburgh vs. Ottawa

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Eastern Conference Final: Pittsburgh vs. Ottawa

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Not if they played like they currently do.

You think this an insult, but it's simply not.

I could post the same thing replacing "bandwagon fans" with "fools" and it would be equally applicable. So.

Blindly throwing money at a failure with no repercussion or accountability. Cool.
    i was not trying to insult. I was just expressing that there are Penguin bandwagon fans everywhere.

There is just something inexplainable when you have been faithful to the same team and they win the championship. It is so much worth it. It is like a marriage that lasts forever, it is totally worth it.

And who is blindly throwing money away? I am not? And there is repercussion and accountability if the managers do they get fired.

And Hextall has been a lot more passive.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    There is just something inexplainable when you have been faithful to the same team and they win the championship. It is so much worth it.
    In your opinion

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

i was not trying to insult. I was just expressing that there are Penguin bandwagon fans everywhere.

There is just something inexplainable when you have been faithful to the same team and they win the championship. It is so much worth it. It is like a marriage that lasts forever, it is totally worth it.

And who is blindly throwing money away? I am not? And there is repercussion and accountability if the managers do they get fired.

In your opinion
    Yes in my opinion and in my experience... 1995 Braves baby!!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Ottawa is not boring to me . They have played in multiple high scoring games these playoffs with lots of intense moments and 6 OT games. They also don't play a strict trap. It's nothing like the devils. It's obvious that people saying they're terrible for the sport have only watched them in this series. And if they were boring in game 1, what did that makes Pittsburgh who was outplayed for 95% of that game? Haters gonna hate

Yup, I have a hell of a lot more respect for passionate loyal fans than Canadians who all of a sudden start cheering for Pittsburgh after hey get Crosby. It's sickening

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by reggiebarnes View Post
    Yup, I have a hell of a lot more respect for passionate loyal fans than Canadians who all of a sudden start cheering for Pittsburgh after hey get Crosby. It's sickening
    I'd argue I'm more cheering for Ottawa to lose than I am for Pitts to win. Nova Scotia basically considers everyone from there a hometown person, so I've got that connection (we're both Bluenosers) but, at the same time, it's Leafs or bust - he's got two cups.. that's enough
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Ottawa is not boring to me . They have played in multiple high scoring games these playoffs with lots of intense moments and 6 OT games. They also don't play a strict trap. It's nothing like the devils. It's obvious that people saying they're terrible for the sport have only watched them in this series. And if they were boring in game 1, what did that makes Pittsburgh who was outplayed for 95% of that game? Haters gonna hate
    Ev is that you?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The sens have won 9 games so far this playoffs. 8 of them they won by a single goal. The other game they won by two, with the extra goal being an empty netter.

They are playing not to lose and there's nothing wrong with that, given the position it's put them in. But it is boring ass hockey, so it's no surprise they aren't able to sell out despite the team's success this year.

It seems like you're the one "hating" given you're oblivious to these facts and just calling us haters because it's the easy thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    The sens have won 9 games so far this playoffs. 8 of them they won by a single goal. The other game they won by two, with the extra goal being an empty netter.

They are playing not to lose and there's nothing wrong with that, given the position it's put them in. But it is boring ass hockey, so it's no surprise they aren't able to sell out despite the team's success this year.

It seems like you're the one "hating" given you're oblivious to these facts and just calling us haters because it's the easy thing to do.
    They didn't sell out one game. Big deal. I just told you why their hockey isn't boring. People haven't paid attention to Ottawa all year, so just keep doing that.

They controlled game 1, Pittsburgh controlled game 1. To say they are playing not to lose is just so ignorant. They have been excellent in all their wins so far and deserve to be here. Just because they're one goal games doesn't mean it's boring. Guy Boucher said all year long that playoffs are often one for games and he was coaching his team to do exactly that. He's proven to be right so far. One goal games are tense and exciting.

ottawa winning the cup wouldn't ruin the game or change a thing. Because they'll be in this position for a looong time

Dobber Sports Guru

They didn't sell out one game. Big deal. I just told you why their hockey isn't boring. People haven't paid attention to Ottawa all year, so just keep doing that.
    Actually, they didn't sell out any home game unless it was a weekend afternoon.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

I'm talking playoffs . They sold out all but that one game. This is fact. I was there. They don't sell same number or tickets each game.

Dobber Sports Guru

I am also talking playoffs.

The Senators had an attendance of 19,209 for Game 5 against Boston, and the arena holds at least 20,011.

Game 1 against Boston saw 18,702 and game 2 had 18,629.

Not sure what they officially call a sell out (I've seen different numbers in various reports, the Citizen reported a sellout of 18,679 for Game 2 against the Rangers), but they had less than what they can hold.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and there are still plenty of tickets for game 3 against Pittsburgh less than 24 hours before game time.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

The Great One

No one wants to drive to Kanata to watch the Sens.

Put the arena downtown already.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

...Haters gonna hate
    Cheers! Ryan and Anderson keeping me alive in my playoff pool!
    TEAM 1
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H, G, A, PPP, SOG, FOW, HITS, BLKS, PIM, GWG, ShG, W, SHO, GA, SV, ShL, OL
    3-6C, 3-6W, 6D, 8B, 2G, 20 farm, 3IR

C - Crosby-McDavid-Giroux-Kadri
    W - Ovechkin-Marchand-Lehkonen-Wheeler-E.Kane-Landeskog
    D - Jones-Schenn-Stone-Lindholm-Moser-Whitecloud
    G - Hellebuyck-Lindgren-Martin-Stalock

Full Keeper

Dobber Sports Jedi

Ev is that you?
    OUTED AFTER 4 POSTS! Now that's one helluva sniffer you gots there!
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4