Poll: Who wins the series and how quickly?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference Final: Pittsburgh vs. Ottawa

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Eastern Conference Final: Pittsburgh vs. Ottawa

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I'm saying they're calling the game poorly, and evenly. You're the one whining about the refs. Probably just upset the Flyers and Caps can't win anything, need to find any excuse you can.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. Yes they are. This is a nightmare.
    Yup, I am all about finding excuses. And I am all about whining... cause my Flyers didn't make the playoffs... come on, they should have, and they should be in the Stanley Cup Finals... they were the best team all year (Insert extreme sarcastic face here).

I was saying that a tug on a guys jersey in the neutral zone is not going to get called in Playoff Hockey, wake up and smell the coffee!

But then again some series are called like Playoff Hockey and some series are called like its regular season... so who knows.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    Ottawa doesn't have the talent to exchange chances with Pittsburgh, not sure why everyone is complaining that they are playing boring ass hockey when that is their only chance to win.

and reffing has never been perfect, it's been like this in the regular season too. not sure what you expect when refs are humans that make mistakes. you can't ask for calls to be made every time, but you can ask for them to be consistent.
    which for the most part from the games i've watched seems to be the case. in fact i don't think there has been a series decided by reffing yet, the better team has won in every matchup so far.
    I'm not really complaining that they're boring, just commenting on it. The entire hockey world needs to come together and cheer against Ottawa. We simply can't stand and let this style of hockey take over the game again. It's an embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I was saying that a tug on a guys jersey in the neutral zone is not going to get called in Playoff Hockey, wake up and smell the coffee!
    Again, if you read what I said (hard I know), I didn't say it should have been a penalty, I said your narrative of the "refs always favor Pittsburgh" is silly and dumb and laughable, and it's making you look bad.

I think we can all agree it's absolutely zero surprise the Senators can't even sell out their own building in the playoffs.

Truly the definition of a "I'll just check the box score" team.
    If you only check the box score you will miss all of this:

Again, if you read what I said (hard I know), I didn't say it should have been a penalty, I said your narrative of the "refs always favor Pittsburgh" is silly and dumb and laughable, and it's making you look bad.

I know cause everyone that disagrees with you is illiterate... come on man. Just because someone disagrees with you does not make them dumb. Have you read what I have said??

I don't recall saying the refs favoured Pittsburgh, I am pretty sure that was your quote... What i said was that the series that Pittsburgh have been part of have been called less traditionally then playoff series are called. whether this is the NHL protecting Crosby or what, who knows... but in turn, a series that is called more wide open is going to favour a team with more speed like the Pens.

And just an FYI... your little jabs they don't hurt man... they are words...and I am not very good at reading... so maybe I don't even understand them... I might have to start asking you to provide more explanation.

Water of a ducks back man... water off a ducks back... so keep em coming.

I like to consider this the Penguin factor... from the games I watch the series that the Penguins are involved in seem to be called differently then other series.

Maybe it is just a strong bias against Pittsburgh but I feel like the Pittsburgh games are called more wide open, where other series are called more like a traditional playoff game..
    Here is the quote saying the refs favor Pittsburgh.

I know cause everyone that disagrees with you is illiterate... come on man. Just because someone disagrees with you does not make them dumb. Have you read what I have said??

I don't recall saying the refs favoured Pittsburgh, I am pretty sure that was your quote... What i said was that the series that Pittsburgh have been part of have been called less traditionally then playoff series are called. whether this is the NHL protecting Crosby or what, who knows... but in turn, a series that is called more wide open is going to favour a team with more speed like the Pens.

And just an FYI... your little jabs they don't hurt man... they are words...and I am not very good at reading... so maybe I don't even understand them... I might have to start asking you to provide more explanation.

Water of a ducks back man... water off a ducks back... so keep em coming.
    I don't believe I called you illiterate. I said you didn't read my posts. You made that clear with your responses to my posts. If you read my posts, you wouldn't respond like you think I'm calling for penalties that weren't called.

- - - Updated - - -

If you only check the box score you will miss all of this:

NHL.com has highlights with their box scores. Still don't need more than a box score.

Here is the quote saying the refs favor Pittsburgh.

I don't believe I called you illiterate. I said you didn't read my posts. You made that clear with your responses to my posts. If you read my posts, you wouldn't respond like you think I'm calling for penalties that weren't called.

- - - Updated - - -

NHL.com has highlights with their box scores. Still don't need more than a box score.
    I never said the Refs favoured Pittsburgh... I said the series are called differently. There's a difference.

Maybe you didn't say illiterate but you toss in these sly remarks.

I never said the Refs favoured Pittsburgh... I said the series are called differently. There's a difference.
    "Series involving Pittsburgh are called differently because of Pittsburgh. This phenomenon specifically favors Pittsburgh and the way they play".

"No what do you mean, it's nothing about favoring Pittsburgh".

Speed, skill, and aggression forces teams to take more penalties. That's the whole point.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you didn't say illiterate but you toss in these sly remarks.
    Lots of quotes about ducks and stuff in this thread.

"Series involving Pittsburgh are called differently because of Pittsburgh. This phenomenon specifically favors Pittsburgh and the way they play".

"No what do you mean, it's nothing about favoring Pittsburgh".

Speed, skill, and aggression forces teams to take more penalties. That's the whole point.
    The way the series are called favours the way that Pittsburgh plays.

I never said it was the refs favouring the Penguins directly, they call the games based on how they have decided to call the series.

What I am saying is if you watch the St.Louis/Minnesota series, it is called way different then the Penguins series... and it works to Pittsburgh's advantage.

There were no star players being protected in the St.Louis Minnesota series...

The way the series are called favours the way that Pittsburgh plays.

I never said it was the refs favouring the Penguins directly, they call the games based on how they have decided to call the series.

What I am saying is if you watch the St.Louis/Minnesota series, it is called way different then the Penguins series... and it works to Pittsburgh's advantage.

There were no star players being protected in the St.Louis Minnesota series...
    There weren't any star players being protected in either of Pittsburgh's first two series either. Quite the opposite actually.

There weren't any star players being protected in either of Pittsburgh's first two series either. Quite the opposite actually.
    I guess that is a matter of opinion, of which we do not have to have the same one. And you can call my opinions dumb and silly, or whatever you want, and you can try (and fail) to make me feel like an idiot by tossing in comments about how it is hard to read and such... but at the end of the day, you will be a Penguins fan, I will be a Flyers fan and we will go about our ways.

But what we do know is that I am a Flyers fan that will go through the tough times (no cups in my lifetime)... will you be there when everyone else gets off the Crosby bandwagon?

I guess that is a matter of opinion, of which we do not have to have the same one. And you can call my opinions dumb and silly, or whatever you want, and you can try (and fail) to make me feel like an idiot by tossing in comments about how it is hard to read and such... but at the end of the day, you will be a Penguins fan, I will be a Flyers fan and we will go about our ways.

But what we do know is that I am a Flyers fan that will go through the tough times (no cups in my lifetime)... will you be there when everyone else gets off the Crosby bandwagon?
    Hard to say. I cheer for players, not laundry. I cheer for what makes the game of hockey great, not some facade and some pieces of fabric an owner manages to sell me. I cheer for fun, fast, clean, skilled hockey, not the Flyers and the Senators. And I'm super ok with that. I don't disillusionally pump money into a franchise that continually makes bad decisions because some fabric is all dyed the same color.

Hard to say. I cheer for players, not laundry. I cheer for what makes the game of hockey great, not some facade and some pieces of fabric an owner manages to sell me. I cheer for fun, fast, clean, skilled hockey, not the Flyers and the Senators. And I'm super ok with that. I don't disillusionally pump money into a franchise that continually makes bad decisions because some fabric is all dyed the same color.
    Except for if Crosby played for the Flyers or the Senators right?

Except for if Crosby played for the Flyers or the Senators right?

Not if they played like they currently do.

You think this an insult, but it's simply not.

I could post the same thing replacing "bandwagon fans" with "fools" and it would be equally applicable. So.

Blindly throwing money at a failure with no repercussion or accountability. Cool.