Poll: Who wins the series and how quickly?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference Final: Pittsburgh vs. Ottawa

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Eastern Conference Final: Pittsburgh vs. Ottawa

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Sounds like you're blaming the refs for something.
    Nothing wrong with the calls against Sens but Pens got away with lots of very obvious slashes and high-sticks, and that was in the 1st and 2nd period (I understand that they call nothing late in the game) and after Sens had already killed 3 or 4 penalties without Pens getting any, so you'd think refs would be looking to even the score but somehow they didn't even make very obvious calls.

I'm not a Sens fan and I don't hate Pens, so don't bother calling this a biased opinion. I don't believe for a second that refs were biased either but they did do a horrible job calling the game.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Nothing wrong with the calls against Sens but Pens got away with lots of very obvious slashes and high-sticks, and that was in the 1st and 2nd period (I understand that they call nothing late in the game) and after Sens had already killed 3 or 4 penalties without Pens getting any, so you'd think refs would be looking to even the score but somehow they didn't even make very obvious calls.

I'm not a Sens fan and I don't hate Pens, so don't bother calling this a biased opinion. I don't believe for a second that refs were biased either but they did do a horrible job calling the game.
    Spoken truth.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Congratulations to the Pens for playing a penalty-free game pretty much...I guess. Bobby Ryan shouldn't trip into the boards on his own, Brassard should really keep his feet moving, Burrows same; Karlsson for being the best player in the game needs to stop high sticking himself in the face and stay on his feet too.

Did you expect Ottawa to play run and gun with the oh-so-mighty and unbeatable defending Stanley Cup champions?

Looks like you won't be watching the Stanley Cup finals either than. Enjoy your summer.

Anyway, lots of series left, but Game 1 is what I expected. Boston, NY Rangers and Pittsburgh were dream matchups for Ottawa for the first 3 rounds.

Nashville would be a nightmare. Anaheim will be close.

Go Sens go. Oh, and I expect the Penguins to win big on Monday night.
    Why are you acting like a little kid?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Oh, and I expect the Penguins to win big on Monday night.
    Agreed. The Pens will want to atone for Game 1.

Great post J-P!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Why are you acting like a little kid?
    I don't see any kid like behavior. What I see is a guy answering questions and providing a differing opinion/viewpoint. Is it tainted with a little homerism, yeah maybe a little. So what. His team is in the Conference Finals, he should be invested in the games. Just my two cents. Go Oilers...oh crap, right. Go Sens!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

I also expect a big game out of the pens next game. Was funny, when watching the game i was told that i shouldnt go into hockey pools since it makes me cheer against the canadian teams lol

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Is it tainted with a little homerism, yeah maybe a little. So what. His team is in the Conference Finals, he should be invested in the games. Just my two cents. Go Oilers...oh crap, right. Go Sens!
    By that logic, the further your team progresses the more of a homer you can be......?

You can be invested in the game without being a homer.

Those are the type of fans I like to surround myself with.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

When was the last hockey game you watched? Maybe more specifically, was this the first one you watched? The refs do a horrible job, almost religiously, without fail. Doubly so in the playoffs.

Saying "nice try refs" is saying the refs specifically tried to screw Ottawa, with intent. Which is laughable.

No, I wouldn't expect the generally talentless Senators to try and run and gun with Pittsburgh. That doesn't really change the fact that that team is boring as f*** though.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    By that logic, the further your team progresses the more of a homer you can be......?

You can be invested in the game without being a homer.
    Not exactly what I meant with my comment. Any "fan" is going to look at his team a little differently than other teams. Fans will usually be more optimistic than non-fans. There are degrees of homerism, ranging from completely realistic view to blindly fanatical belief.

I think it's okay to be a bit of a homer when your team is doing well...unless they are borderline delusional.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

It would be great if Pittsburgh horribly out shot and outplayed the Senators for the majority of the series and the Sens still found some way to win the whole series.

#StillBitter

Dobber Sports Jedi

For Ottawa's sake, they better hope Bobby Ryan trips and falls into the boards on his own again, not sure he skates that fast vs. Maata without cobwebs
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    When was the last hockey game you watched? Maybe more specifically, was this the first one you watched? The refs do a horrible job, almost religiously, without fail. Doubly so in the playoffs.

Saying "nice try refs" is saying the refs specifically tried to screw Ottawa, with intent. Which is laughable.

No, I wouldn't expect the generally talentless Senators to try and run and gun with Pittsburgh. That doesn't really change the fact that that team is boring as f*** though.
    Well, I believe I watched all the games from the 2nd round. How many did you watch? More than all of them I guess? Damn you can be a real dick sometimes.

I haven't seen them not make such obvious calls in other games that early in the game. As I said, they do it all the time late in the games. And I also understand sometimes things happen outside the play and they miss those. But if either ref was watching the puck, they should have noticed those incidents.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

BREAKING: NHL refs that are bad preformed bad.

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    BREAKING: NHL refs that are bad preformed bad.
    Where's your source??

I am pretty sure the refs that are still reffing in the playoffs, the deeper they get, the better they are...

Well, I believe I watched all the games from the 2nd round. How many did you watch? More than all of them I guess? Damn you can be a real dick sometimes.

I haven't seen them not make such obvious calls in other games that early in the game. As I said, they do it all the time late in the games. And I also understand sometimes things happen outside the play and they miss those. But if either ref was watching the puck, they should have noticed those incidents.
    I like to consider this the Penguin factor... from the games I watch the series that the Penguins are involved in seem to be called differently then other series.

Maybe it is just a strong bias against Pittsburgh but I feel like the Pittsburgh games are called more wide open, where other series are called more like a traditional playoff game..

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

You suck. Shouldn't you be on the treadmill? Haha.
    this made me LOL for real! may have spit a little coffee out as well.