Poll: Who wins the series and how quickly?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference Final: Pittsburgh vs. Ottawa

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Eastern Conference Final: Pittsburgh vs. Ottawa

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    You actually can't be upset, because you haven't been about all the obvious missed calls to this point. Show some consistency
    Why do people feel the need to tell me when I can or can't be upset? Boggling...

And, I have never once suggested that I am ok with missed calls. I have always said I want consistency. I am not sure where you are getting this from. Or, knowing your and my history, I guess it's always possible that you are just trying to get a rise out of me. Good one.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Grand Master

The NHL refs are always bad. They're never consistent, they're never good, and they never deserve credit. They're another factor that adds to the embarrassment of the sport and the "niche-ness" of hockey.

But they aren't the reason Pittsburgh lost game 6, and they aren't the reason Ottawa lost this game.

The CLEARLY BETTER Penguins beat the Senators. It was always just a bad matchup for Ottawa, even with Pittsburgh's injuries. They just couldn't keep up, talent wise, and haven't been able to since game 4

Dobber Sports Star

You're overselling the consistency of NFL reffing a lot. See: the not called pass interference by Richard Sherman on Julio when the Falcons lost to the Seahawks in the final 2 minutes of the game last season
    I never said that they were perfect. Do they ever miss a call or make a bad call? Of course. I have no problem stating that they are a lot more consistent and respected than NHL officiating.

Rylant

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Why do people feel the need to tell me when I can or can't be upset? Boggling...

And, I have never once suggested that I am ok with missed calls. I have always said I want consistency. I am not sure where you are getting this from. Or, knowing your and my history, I guess it's always possible that you are just trying to get a rise out of me. Good one.

Rylant
    It's obviously the latter. You can be upset whenever you want lol. It also wasn't a bad call. They should just always make it and they usually don't. Still a penalty though.

Dobber Sports Star

The NHL refs are always bad. They're never consistent, they're never good, and they never deserve credit. They're another factor that adds to the embarrassment of the sport and the "niche-ness" of hockey.

But they aren't the reason Pittsburgh lost game 6, and they aren't the reason Ottawa lost this game.

The CLEARLY BETTER Penguins beat the Senators. It was always just a bad matchup for Ottawa, even with Pittsburgh's injuries. They just couldn't keep up, talent wise, and haven't been able to since game 4
    I still maintain that it was a bad call, but wouldn't think of suggesting that the refs cost the Sens the series. I also agree that the Penguins were better than the Sens were in this series. I also think it might be a stretch to say that the Sens just couldn't keep up talent wise. Yes, the Sens did get blown out in Game 5, but they did come within a goal of winning the series. That's pretty close to keeping up.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Monster

would be so happy to see Subban lift the cup. After the year he had being traded which at the time i was happy with but now am not for obvious reasons .... guy who donated 10 million to a great cause .... he has a big heart

I wanna see Subban win a cup just because Montreal might burn to the ground lol.

Dobber Sports Titan

On the OT goal it seemed that the Ottawa player screened Anderson a bit. Pretty much their system was their undoing then.

Also was a ridiculous shot by Kunitz (albeit a "floater" almost)
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Also was a ridiculous shot by Kunitz (albeit a "floater" almost)
    The "knucklepuck" is anything but ridiculous
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Immortal

Well....that was one of the best and most competitive Game 7s I have ever seen. What a turn around from the rest of the series. Elliotte Friedman's tweet annoys me so much...

Elliotte Friedman‏Verified account @FriedgeHNIC 11h11 hours ago
    More
    And you guys said this game was boring
    ....it was boring Elliotte. So boring. Stop jerking off the NHL. Man the Canadian media is really starting to annoy me but that topic is for another day.

Congrats to the Sens. What a run. Not many people thought they could make it this far.

I am glad that style won't be in the Cup Final though. The Sens nearly perfected the "art" of flipping the puck out to the red line but not getting an icing. Although anyone who watched would know that Pittsburgh also had that down pat vs the Capitals. I guess that's the new way to play again team's that are outplaying you.

Onto the Cup.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Man the Canadian media is really starting to annoy me but that topic is for another day.
    It's only starting to annoy you? I applaud your resilience sir!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

If they are consistently not calling penalties on calls that would have been penalties in the regular season - are the refs being inconsistent? Think about it.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    If they are consistently not calling penalties on calls that would have been penalties in the regular season - are the refs being inconsistent? Think about it.
    It's not consistent. They let a bunch of stuff go and then call a cheap one. It's like they have a buzzer in their pocket that allows them to finally call a penalty.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

There's really only one valid reason for 2000 empty seats in a Conf finals game in a Canadian city. umm.... umm.. hrmm... got me.. I can't think of one. There's a reason Guiness Records is heading to Nashville and not Ottawa. Canadian Tire Centre isn't even the loudest arena in the province, let alone the league.

I can only hope I wake up tomorrow to a headline reading, 'sens were just one win away'
    TSN gave me this headline:
    Sens' dream season falls one shot short in double overtime in Game 7

The best kind of loss to our enemies (Sens - see avatar) is he soul crushing kind. #neverrecoverfromthiskindofdefeat
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Giant

The best kind of loss to our enemies (Sens - see avatar) is he soul crushing kind. #neverrecoverfromthiskindofdefeat
    So so evil!

I feel the same way about your Leafs (Go Habs Go)

We both went down early this year though so no bragging there...
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay