Poll: Who wins the series and how quickly?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference Final: Pittsburgh vs. Ottawa

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Eastern Conference Final: Pittsburgh vs. Ottawa

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Not against this system. Not on home ice. But, because anything can happen in hockey and I don't like speaking in absolutes - I will personally offer you my time and "expertise" in getting you down to 220lbs and healthy if the Penguins come back and win this game. I can do it or I will pay for the online trainer of your choice.
    deal

Dobber Sports Ninja

Not against this system. Not on home ice. But, because anything can happen in hockey and I don't like speaking in absolutes - I will personally offer you my time and "expertise" in getting you down to 220lbs and healthy if the Penguins come back and win this game. I can do it or I will pay for the online trainer of your choice.
    Well now, that makes things interesting. Kudos for having faith in your team notch.

Also, what's up with the team in your signature? You're bragging about winning 3 years in a row...against 3-year-olds? I mean in year 1, they were like what, newborns?
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    deal
    I'd be happy to do it if the Pens comeback and win this game because I still have my pre-playoff ticket for the Sens to win the East the I am confident in.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Well now, that makes things interesting. Kudos for having faith in your team notch.

Also, what's up with the team in your signature? You're bragging about winning 3 years in a row...against 3-year-olds? I mean in year 1, they were like what, newborns?
    Haha. It is a 12-team league with all Sens fans. You know how irrational and blind they can sometimes be right?
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala

MINORS:

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Watching this series, I can't help but remember when Philly refused to advance the puck forward against a Boucher-coached Tampa team (in protest against their stifling style).

Don't get me wrong, Boucher's a smart coach and he's just doing what he thinks will make him successful... but he advocates horribly boring hockey. It would be really bad for the game if they fluke a cup somehow this season...
    Win or lose for the Sens, coaches will already try to copy this system in my opinion. I mean, these are the unbeatable and mighty defending Stanley Cup Penguins that Ottawa is making look like amateurs.

This isn't surprising. What did surprise me is the Penguins not blowing Ottawa out in Game #2 because I predicted that big loss. When the game played out the way it did and Pittsburgh still couldn't figure the system or Anderson out, my confidence in the series grew.

I've already said this, but Nashville will be a nightmare for Ottawa in the Stanley Cup final; Aneheim would be a closer series. Go Ducks.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala

MINORS:

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    No one wants to drive to Kanata to watch the Sens.

Put the arena downtown already.
    The downtown arena will happen in my opinion.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala

MINORS:

Dobber Sports Genius

Perfect situational hockey game tonight. Just like last game in Pittsburgh, just didn't get the one chance they wanted and needed on Monday.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala

MINORS:

Dobber Sports Titan

Win or lose for the Sens, coaches will already try to copy this system in my opinion. I mean, these are the unbeatable and mighty defending Stanley Cup Penguins that Ottawa is making look like amateurs.

This isn't surprising. What did surprise me is the Penguins not blowing Ottawa out in Game #2 because I predicted that big loss. When the game played out the way it did and Pittsburgh still couldn't figure the system or Anderson out, my confidence in the series grew.

I've already said this, but Nashville will be a nightmare for Ottawa in the Stanley Cup final; Aneheim would be a closer series. Go Ducks.
    I think the biggest thing is actually the lack of Mobility on Pittsburgh's D right now. There is nothing being created there, and they can't keep up with the Ottawa forward depth. It's surprising but it's tough to see how Ottawa loses the series at this point.
    I do agree with you though that Nashville and their mobile defence probably make for a tougher series against Ottawa should they both make it.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

I don’t disagree with you, but I’d love to see how a healthy Pitts would do against the system, and let’s say Pitts wins in 5, or dominates a 6 game series when they’re healthy how many coaches would copycat them?

It’s a great system for a team that has no superstar forwards, solid depth/D-men, and a very good goalie. Teams will copy, but I wonder if Nashville destroys the 1-3-1 system with their D speed, how many will just look at Nashville and say, “Why don’t we just do that instead?”.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I don’t disagree with you, but I’d love to see how a healthy Pitts would do against the system, and let’s say Pitts wins in 5, or dominates a 6 game series when they’re healthy how many coaches would copycat them?

It’s a great system for a team that has no superstar forwards, solid depth/D-men, and a very good goalie. Teams will copy, but I wonder if Nashville destroys the 1-3-1 system with their D speed, how many will just look at Nashville and say, “Why don’t we just do that instead?”.
    Good post.

Pittsburgh has been healthy against Ottawa this season already and we beat them on home ice. It is just a favourable matchup for Ottawa. Boston and the Rangers, same. As far as copying Pittsburgh though, it is hard to copy a team when their only identity is a team with superstars. They are hard to go out and acquire.

And again, I agree that what Nashville (win or lose) is already doing, will be copied. And yes, once again, go Ducks because Nashville will Ottawa's system, players and team silly in the finals. It isn't just their active and mobile D that can breakdown the Sens.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala

MINORS:

Dobber Sports Titan

Good post.

Pittsburgh has been healthy against Ottawa this season already and we beat them on home ice. It is just a favourable matchup for Ottawa. Boston and the Rangers, same. As far as copying Pittsburgh though, it is hard to copy a team when their only identity is a team with superstars. They are hard to go out and acquire.

And again, I agree that what Nashville (win or lose) is already doing, will be copied. And yes, once again, go Ducks because Nashville will Ottawa's system, players and team silly in the finals. It isn't just their active and mobile D that can breakdown the Sens.
    Speed, speed, speed, and more speed. Not just superstar, it’s about speed.

The game Pitts lost 4-1 in Ottawa, Ottawa had 5PPs (scored on 2). 6 of Ottawa’s 11goals in the season series came on the PP, so who knows if those PPs would happen in the playoffs. One of the 2 Sens home wins came in a SO too, so flip a coin on that one.

Last night you could tell on the Pens PP that they couldn’t get any speed going from their PPQB because he was 39 and this was his first game in how long? The second they got speed through the neutral zone they got in.

Ottawa’s style has been boring, but VERY effective. I’m just super curious how they’d fair in a playoff series vs a healthy Pens squad. But I’m always curious of that because the Pens just seem to be always hurt.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Listening to Puck Soup (best and funniest hockey podcast out there) with two Devils' fans and one is adamantly calling the Sens pretty much the equivalent to the Devils of 95 right now.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

lol dream matchup my ass, if the roles were reversed and Pittsburgh had their #1D and Ottawa's #1D was injured this matchup wouldn't have happened.

nashville looks unstoppable right now but it's hard to count out ottawa if they continue to play the trap altough nashville's D should be able to handle that with ease

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Listening to Puck Soup (best and funniest hockey podcast out there) with two Devils' fans and one is adamantly calling the Sens pretty much the equivalent to the Devils of 95 right now.
    I was thinking '93 Habs with all the one-goal wins.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    lol dream matchup my ass, if the roles were reversed and Pittsburgh had their #1D and Ottawa's #1D was injured this matchup wouldn't have happened.

nashville looks unstoppable right now but it's hard to count out ottawa if they continue to play the trap altough nashville's D should be able to handle that with ease
    But they don't and didn't; hence my pre-playoff bet for the Sens to win the East. $1200 will be nice. Sens in 6. Boston, NY and Pittsburgh were the 3 easiest matchups for Ottawa to get to the final. I don't expect anyone to agree with me unless they love the Sens and know their system, assets and flaws. Columbus, Toronto, Washington and Montreal would all have given Ottawa more competition than the three teams they have had to play. Disagree all you want, but it is true in my eyes.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala