Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: OEL's season concerning ?

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: OEL's season concerning ?

Quote Originally Posted by poolsharks View Post
    Let me ask this a different way , would any of you guys trade OEL for Klefbom ? Note that Klefbom will be cheaper in our league for the next 3 years and I'm concentrated in Edm and TB and I'm competing for titles this year and next 1-3 ...I realize that Klefbom's upside and 3YP is not great right now .
    my response to OEL for klefbom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdKI1wj-JpI

Dobber Sports Novice

Nothing is ever a sure thing, no matter what people will try to tell you. Remember Pietrangelo was supposed to be the next 60 pt defender? How did that work out? I feel OEL is similarly overhyped, and on a weak team like that they need him to be strong defensively, it's not like they are the Caps and will let him run and gun. I think this is a normal down season and OEL will go back to being a 45-55pt guy

Dobber Sports Initiate

OEL is a stud, and clearly a buy low guy this coming season. The other thing to consider is that he may find himself playing elsewhere following next season, via free agency. I know it seems like these impact studs never leave their team, I have a feeling that if Arizona can't take a significant step forward in 2017-18, that he may look for greener pastures, and a team ready to win, so that he can spend the next 7-8 seasons in pursuit of a cup! Either way though, he's a stud D man, and will bounce back next year.
    'To be is to do' - Socrates....'To do is to be '- Sartre..........
    'To do be do be do' - Sinatra.

15 Team Keeper League - 20 roster spots (4C 4L 4R 6D 2G)
    Point Categories - G A +/- PIMS GAA SV%
    Protect 13-15 *$80 Team cap

C - Bergeron, Zibanejad,
    L - Connor, Marchand, Olofsson
    R - Nylander, Wheeler, Gallagher, Rust
    D - Carlson, Josi, Nurse
    G - Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Klefbom is a stopgap #1 D man on a team that still badly needs an actual #1. OEL is a legit #1 D man on a team that just needs everything else. but if the youth in ARI can score a few goals (remember Domi missed a lot of time and they have Strome, etc coming) I think OEL will bounce back to 50+ pt levels. The only thing that may hurt is if your league counts +/-
    12 Team H2H Multi-Cat Keeper League - (G, A, PIM, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SO) - 15 keepers, 25 man rosters
    C: Kopitar, Bergeron, Stepan
    W: Benn, Kucherov, Voracek, JVR, Eberle, Steen, Hornqvist, Hoffman
    C/W:
    Def:
    Letang, Klingberg
    Goal: Lundqvist, Crawford
    2011-12 Champion and rubbish since

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

OEL >> Klefbom (who I really like).

Patience, if you keep/draft him... he will come.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Per Rotoworld's posting on OEL on May 12th:
    "Oliver Ekman-Larsson played with a broken thumb suffered on November 29.

It was reported at that time that Ekman-Larsson suffered a bruise and it was an upper body injury but he played every game. No wonder the Arizona defenseman stopped scoring. "It’s how you really handle it," OEL said. "If you say to yourself, ‘I’m going to keep playing like this,’ then you will. If you tell yourself, ‘You’re going to get better,’ you will get better. I feel like I’m going to get better, and I know it and I’m going to work hard to get better. That’s the player and person I am." While many poolies will look at the stats and downgrade him next season, at least you know the real reason his season was off. Ekman-Larsson has 10 goals and 34 points with a minus-25 rating."

Based on that, I anticipate OEL being a good option for the near future. I would choose OEL. He's been a keeper of mine for many seasons and plan on hanging on to him longer (won two titles with him). Klefbom is nice, but is no guarantee (especially when Sekera was eating some of Klefbom's PP time last season).
    12 team Yahoo HTH League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPP, SHP, FW
    GS, W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    4 C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 5 Bench
    Keep: 5 skaters & 1 goalie