Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: National Fantasy Hockey League (Sponsored by Fantrax) - With Prizes

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: National Fantasy Hockey League (Sponsored by Fantrax) - With Prizes

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    There was a free jersey involved... and he changed rules in middle of the draft.

After a bunch of trades int he first few round... 'No More Trades!'

then he changed it again saying okay you can trade after round 4 is over.
    this guy's an idiot.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Right, the "sponsor" offering a free jersey for the first team to win 2 titles.

How could I forget. Also, I remember you posting a poll asking if a move made was bush league - makes TOTAL sense now, knowing it was this league.

And yeah, I was in the first group too, where he did just that. Used one of his team accounts in KiK, posted a message that was clearly supposed to be from his Commish account, got called out on it.

I tried turning an upcoming new league into this setup, but sadly some of the core guys in the league had their heart set on a roto league, so we're continuing with that. Almost makes me want to start up a new one with this setup.

14 Team H2H Cap
    G A DPTS FOW SOG STP H+B | W SV SV% GAA

C: Scheifele, Stamkos (rw), Tavares
    LW: Gaudreau, Giroux (c/rw), Labanc(rw)
    RW: Atkinson, Thompson (c), Keller (lw), Glendening (c)
    D: Klingberg, Gostisbehere, Dumba, Krug (50%), Trouba, McNabb, Gudas
    G: Holtby, Fleury, Markstrom

FARM NOTABLES:
    F: Bokk, A Thomas, Kaprizov, Dorofeyev, Mikheyev
    D: Dalhin, Beaudin, Dunn, Kylington, Harley
    G: Hart, Demko

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Don't get me wrong... a Com should have a team in the league, then you know he is committed... but to lie and say you are not having any and then you put 3 or 4 teams on as aliases ... cheap and dirty.
    +1 to this. Why lie? Find more guys or cut the number of teams. Don't try and control more than one team. That's just cheating. Cause you KNOW there were trades between his teams coming.

14 Team H2H Cap

FARM NOTABLES:

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post

How could I forget. Also, I remember you posting a poll asking if a move made was bush league - makes TOTAL sense now, knowing it was this league.

And yeah, I was in the first group too, where he did just that. Used one of his team accounts in KiK, posted a message that was clearly supposed to be from his Commish account, got called out on it.

I tried turning an upcoming new league into this setup, but sadly some of the core guys in the league had their heart set on a roto league, so we're continuing with that. Almost makes me want to start up a new one with this setup.
    with the work you're putting into that roto league, let's get that set up first! Then I don't care what else you do, heh

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    with the work you're putting into that roto league, let's get that set up first! Then I don't care what else you do, heh
    LOL The wife would kill me if I started a 3rd. No worries man, not going to let it slide.

14 Team H2H Cap

FARM NOTABLES:

Dobber Sports Jedi

LOL The wife would kill me if I started a 3rd. No worries man, not going to let it slide.
    I haven't told mine that I joined a 5th, heh

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

+1 to this. Why lie? Find more guys or cut the number of teams. Don't try and control more than one team. That's just cheating. Cause you KNOW there were trades between his teams coming.
    Yeah, immediately after the lottery was completed....

Team A trades away 1st round pick in main draft (NHL caliber players like 10 overall) and 4th in main draft for a 2nd and 3 round pick in the entry draft.... such boogus

- - - Updated - - -

I would be interested in one with this set up too... but got to be patient and find the right group.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Yup it was this league... and i set up the poll to prove to him that it was sketchy...cause I told him straight up in private that he was going to ruin the league if he could stick the to the original rules (this was before I knew for sure he was running at least two teams!) Told him to come and look at results haha,

Dobber Sports Rookie

lol.. he still running a NBA league with the same scthick