Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jamie Benn for Nikolaj Ehlers

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Jamie Benn for Nikolaj Ehlers

It may be the fantasy offseason doldrums.. it may be the painkillers as I lay motionless after sports hernia surgery, or it may be a decent idea..

But I'm super tempted to move Benn for Ehlers straight up.

We all know the reasons: Down season for the Big Benn with declining SOG's and other offensive metrics the last couple of seasons. Dallas with Hitch is either scary for the offense, or perhaps a jolt in the arm for the good...

Meanwhile, Ehlers is on a path to stardom next to Laine and Scheifele.. and is 8 years younger.

I'd love a piece of that Jet's offense moving forward.

Does anyone feel like talking me on or off the ledge?

Thanks! Rep. Rep.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Jamie Benn for Nikolaj Ehlers

I think you could get Ehlers for less than Benn. I agree with targeting him, but try some other player or combination of players to get him. You have lots of interesting names at every position.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    I think you could get Ehlers for less than Benn. I agree with targeting him, but try some other player or combination of players to get him. You have lots of interesting names at every position.
    Agreed 100%. There has to be another option other than Benn here. Even if you did Ehlers plus some picks....I think I would rather keep Benn and deal someone else.

Dobber Sports Stud

He's pretty much outlined Benn as the only 'realistic' return.

I could maybe push Guentzel, but frankly, I'm not sure I prefer Ehlers over Pretzel.
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Genius

Benn over Ehlers, but definitely Ehlers over Guentzel. If you can make Guentzel for Ehlers happen, even with a pick or something, I'd hop on that.

Dobber Sports Sage

Definite no for me on this trade. This is buying low on benn. Don't get sucked in. I want benn for at least 2 more years . If you are going to trade him you can get more for name value and at minimum the Ehlers owner should be adding.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

Straight points then I prefer Benn even with a potential drop off as he ages
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Genius

I expect them to be close in points next year with the edge to Ehlers beyond that. A do agree that you should be able to squeeze something extra out of it but it certainly not crazy to consider.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Stud

I see them being right near each other next season and with the age discrepancy and the talent in Winnipeg, it's not a stretch to think Ehlers overtakes him by 2018-19.

That said, I think I'm going to roll the dice that Hitchcock boosts both Seguin and Benn by making the entire team better and challenging them.

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Deity

I love Ehlers but there's no way I'm moving Benn for him if I am in your shoes. Surely you can get more from him than Ehlers straight up for Jamie Benn. If not, step off the ledge and keep Benn.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Unless there are cap considerations, I don't know why this is even a question. Benn and it's not even close.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Unless there are cap considerations, I don't know why this is even a question. Benn and it's not even close.
    They were close in points this year and one could argue that Ehlers is on the ups while Benn is likely at the plateau stage before the slow decline.. if we're not already in the start of decline.

I get the name value and this history of Benny (whom I love having) but I see Ehlers on a similar trajectory to Kucherov - a guy who most wouldn't have done a Benn for Kucherov deal last summer, but couldn't this summer due to Kuch's big year and age.

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post
    They were close in points this year and one could argue that Ehlers is on the ups while Benn is likely at the plateau stage before the slow decline.. if we're not already in the start of decline.

I get the name value and this history of Benny (whom I love having) but I see Ehlers on a similar trajectory to Kucherov - a guy who most wouldn't have done a Benn for Kucherov deal last summer, but couldn't this summer due to Kuch's big year and age.
    Benn will be better. He had an off year. He is a PPG player. Ehlers isn't and likely won't be. Just because Kucherov did, it doesn't mean Ehlers will too. Kucherov is more talented.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post

I wouldn't lose any sleep over the fact that I have Benn when I could have had Kucherov. Maybe you lose a few points but you kept the sure thing in Benn. Benn had a horrible season, Kucherov could just as easily have a horrible season next year.

And Ehlers could just as easily become a disappointment in fantasy hockey. Or need another 3-4 years before he takes the next step. You might gain 5-10 points but you might lose 10-20 points. I just wouldn't take that risk.

Dobber Sports Stud

Yeah that's all good points, and are why I've decided to hold onto Benn. That and it's not cool to sell low. Hate selling low.

Thanks team!

Keep on, keepin' on.