Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sid and the Kids broken up?

I...am your father.

Default Sid and the Kids broken up?

Looks like Chris Kunitz is back...and Conor Sheary is practicing with Nick Bonino and Scott Wilson:

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/...-wilson-sheary
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Sid and the Kids broken up?

That doesn't make sense to me. The speed of Sheary and Guentzel meshed well with Crosby's vision and talent. Hey, but what do I know. I'm not an NHL coach.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    That doesn't make sense to me. The speed of Sheary and Guentzel meshed well with Crosby's vision and talent. Hey, but what do I know. I'm not an NHL coach.
    Sheary has been playing like absolute garbage. Starting to think he's more talented than he is and trying to make plays that he's not good enough to make. But this is more of sending a message than a permanent thing, unless this new line lights it up.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Sheary has been playing like absolute garbage. Starting to think he's more talented than he is and trying to make plays that he's not good enough to make. But this is more of sending a message than a permanent thing, unless this new line lights it up.
    So in other words he's becoming the next Kunitz? Stops playing like a grinder and fancies himself a playmaker?

Dobber Sports Ninja

I've got Crosby, Malkin, Guentzel and Horny in my playoff pool, so this couldn't have worked out any better for me!

Dobber Sports Star

really hope hornqvist gets back on sid's line. hes undervalued every year with his hits and sogs.... but if he doesnt get enough points hes not worth it =(
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    really hope hornqvist gets back on sid's line. hes undervalued every year with his hits and sogs.... but if he doesnt get enough points hes not worth it =(
    What do you mean? Doesn't this article more or less confirm that top line will continue to be Crosby/Horny/Guentzel?

The Great One

And this is exactly why, in each of the 94 threads about Guentzel and Sheary over the past month, I preached caution. With high profile young players you not only have to be right about them panning out, but also have to be able to get them without overpaying. In general, you win in fantasy leagues by gravitating to "at worst" players (i.e., less enticing guys with a clear downside minimum, but also some upside) as opposed to "at best" guys (i.e., ones who could do great, but also could stink up the joint).
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Jedi

has no one figured out yet, that the coach will change lines again? And 19/20 times the lines at the END of the game are DIFFERENT than at the start of a game? What's the big deal?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Quote Originally Posted by vandalay View Post
    So in other words he's becoming the next Kunitz? Stops playing like a grinder and fancies himself a playmaker?
    I never really saw Kunitz do this, so I can't agree with the comparison. Plus Sheary isn't really a grinder. He's a speedy puck retriever with generally good instincts. But yea, he's tried to turn into a fancy playmaker, and worse, a puck carrier who can stick handle through defencemen, and he is definitely neither of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    And this is exactly why, in each of the 94 threads about Guentzel and Sheary over the past month, I preached caution. With high profile young players you not only have to be right about them panning out, but also have to be able to get them without overpaying. In general, you win in fantasy leagues by gravitating to "at worst" players (i.e., less enticing guys with a clear downside minimum, but also some upside) as opposed to "at best" guys (i.e., ones who could do great, but also could stink up the joint).
    As I've preached in all of them, there's not much to worry about Guentzal. He's the real deal. Sheary is a facade, a place holder until more talented players overtake him.

The Great One

As I've preached in all of them, there's not much to worry about Guentzal. He's the real deal. Sheary is a facade, a place holder until more talented players overtake him.
    With all due respect, the list of players who were pronounced by many as the "real deal" after 40 regular season games and then DIDN'T pan out is probably at least 10 times as long as the list of those who did. I'll play it safe, and keep up the streak of 9 full seasons in a row of cashing in my big money league.
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    With all due respect, the list of players who were pronounced by many as the "real deal" after 40 regular season games and then DIDN'T pan out is probably at least 10 times as long as the list of those who did. I'll play it safe, and keep up the streak of 9 full seasons in a row of cashing in my big money league.

I don't really care about your "big money league", I care about helping people. But what a pretentious comment by you. There's lots of ways to win leagues, and there's also lots of ways of being supremely unhelpful. Very prudent example of that second option here.

The Great One

I don't really care about your "big money league", I care about helping people. But what a pretentious comment by you. There's lots of ways to win leagues, and there's also lots of ways of being supremely unhelpful. Very prudent example of that second option here.
    Please explain why my statement "the list of players who were pronounced by many as the "real deal" after 40 regular season games and then DIDN'T pan out is probably at least 10 times as long as the list of those who did" is incorrect. Then, tell me how me pointing that out isn't helping people as much if not more than you trying to sell them on Guentzel kool-aid?

Look - I'd love nothing more than Guentzel panning out, and he certainly still could. Hockey is better when there are high flying lines, especially ones with Sid on them. But the odds simply don't favor it actually happening. Plus, even if he does pan out, there's the factor of how much one would have to pay to get him, or the draft spot you'd have to reach to assuredly grab him. Why risk it?

Dobber Sports Immortal

I find this very weird, but think they could just be trying to get Kunitz moving a bit?? I wouldn't be surprised to see Sheary back up there by the 3rd period of Game 1.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I find this very weird, but think they could just be trying to get Kunitz moving a bit?? I wouldn't be surprised to see Sheary back up there by the 3rd period of Game 1.
    Well Hornqvist is in that spot, not Kunitz. It's more about sending a message to Sheary, who has been abysmal.