April 19: 297.2
    April 26: 296.5
    May 3rd: 295.1
    May 10th: 293.8
    May 17th: 291.5
    May 24th: 291.6
    May 31st: 288.4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSrIZhQ2rdw

Worked hard this week. 3 days i did (3) 30 minute sessions on the treadmill, 1 other day with 2 sessions and yesterday i did one session. I'm going to keep using that thing, such a great tool. Physically i feel very good right now. Today is another great day and another opportunity to do something good and improve yourself! The video i posted ^^^ is how im looking at all this, just keep looking at my short term goals of having a lower weight than i did the week before.

Just listening to Jocko Willink's podcast that talks about "Top 10 rules for success" before hitting the treadmill this am. This man is inspiring and has a strong mind-set.

Administrator

Default Re: How much do you weigh?

That is amazing!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    That is amazing!
    Yep, and i have a lot of people to thank just for getting me in that right mind-set. You, my good friend Michael and the many dobberites in this thread have been a great support and always there for advice. Appreciate it fully

After last week where i didn't lose weight i got mad and i said i was going to work as hard as i can do have my best week, if i just work like that EVERY week i can have a lot of success. Here i never really felt very TIRED from all the walking....so am going to keep on walking 2-3 times per day as much as i can. This is kind of fun now, seems more like a game where i keep track of my weight and work to get it off.

The Great One

I knew you could get to the 280s this week. Great result. But just like your bump in the road the previous week this result is now a thing of the past - the new week ahead is one you want to approach with a fresh sense of enthusiasm and a desire to succeed. Focus on the new normal - one which sees you developing habits and routines that position you to continue to make progress. Slow and steady - go get em.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    I knew you could get to the 280s this week. Great result. But just like your bump in the road the previous week this result is now a thing of the past - the new week ahead is one you want to approach with a fresh sense of enthusiasm and a desire to succeed. Focus on the new normal - one which sees you developing habits and routines that position you to continue to make progress. Slow and steady - go get em.
    thanks buddy. usually on the day after i weighed in i would want to eat junk food or something buy now i couldn't care less to have any mcdonalds or any other crap. I still like enjoying my coffee's in the morning though

Dobber Sports Sage

Nothing wrong with coffee. If anything, it is beneficial especially if you are only having 1 cup a day.

On a personal note, just got done with a 40-min run. After letting my fitness completely fall off over the last year, I have made a recommitment to excellence. In the last 5 days I have run twice and rode the stationary bike twice. Having kids, a house to maintain, and a busy job definitely gets in the way of working out. Now just to keep it going.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Nothing wrong with coffee. If anything, it is beneficial especially if you are only having 1 cup a day.

On a personal note, just got done with a 40-min run. After letting my fitness completely fall off over the last year, I have made a recommitment to excellence. In the last 5 days I have run twice and rode the stationary bike twice. Having kids, a house to maintain, and a busy job definitely gets in the way of working out. Now just to keep it going.
    i agree with this, my twin brother has a kid and he said with work, kids, all ur responsibilities it's hard to find any time to work out. Good for you on the run and getting back in shape.

The Great One

Having kids, a house to maintain, and a busy job definitely gets in the way of working out.
    I'm not trying to put anyone down and I certainly have my share of issues, but this type of statement is an excuse not a truth. My wife and I both work full time, we have two kids, and I also write my column each week. Yet I walk 10000 steps each weekday and closer to 15000 each weekend. How? I don't spend as much time "relaxing" or consuming media. It's a tradeoff for sure, but one we can all make room for if we're serious enough about our health.
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm not trying to put anyone down, but this is not the case - it's an excuse. My wife and I both work full time, we have two kids, and I also write this column each week. Yet I walk 10000 steps each weekday and closer to 15000 each weekend. How? I don't spend as much time "relaxing" or consuming media. It's a tradeoff for sure, but one we can all make room for if we're serious enough about our health.
    You're right to a degree. I could find the time to run/lift/bike like I used to but there is no arguing that having kids, maintaining a home versus having an apartment/condo/townhouse, and having a hectic job all reduce the amount of free time you have. In the past, I would run or bike as soon as I got home from work and before dinner. Nowadays, by the time I pick up my kids from school it is just about time to eat dinner and then there's homework. I suppose I could work out at 8-9 PM but I am tired and then I usually have some of my own work to do. Now add in a 45-min mowing job once a week and probably another 45 minutes of other outdoor work every week such as landscaping upkeep, gardening, and other random tasks. Oh yeah, I nearly forgot that I take my daughter to Taekwondo twice a week for a 1/2 hour practice which turns into nearly a 1 hour ordeal. 7-8 years ago I had none of these other tasks.

For me, it is not really about my health. Like you, I routinely get in my 10,000 steps everyday at my job. My general fitness far exceeds the average of my demographic. Last time I checked I had 10% body fat and blood pressure and cholesterol checked out without concern at my last physical. But I am going to start finding more time to squeeze in workouts since I miss being in good shape. Plus, I like modeling the importance of physical fitness to my kids.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Giant

I walk 10000 steps each weekday and closer to 15000 each weekend. How? I don't spend as much time "relaxing" or consuming media. It's a tradeoff for sure
    Your loss Rizzee! No covfefe for you!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    I'm at 250, and have been forever. I actually just weighed myself last week on my birthday. I know if I watch what I eat and drink, and exercise a bit more, I can lose it, but it is so damn hard being disciplined.

Good luck, stuntman12.
    I've lost about ten pounds since my birthday back in April without doing anything besides refusing to have a second helping of everything I eat.

Problem: with the summer coming, the beer is flowing a bit more freely, and the BBQ has cooked 5 of my last 7 suppers.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    I've lost about ten pounds since my birthday back in April without doing anything besides refusing to have a second helping of everything I eat.

Problem: with the summer coming, the beer is flowing a bit more freely, and the BBQ has cooked 5 of my last 7 suppers.
    nice job. keep it up

The Great One

You're right to a degree. I could find the time to run/lift/bike like I used to but there is no arguing that having kids, maintaining a home versus having an apartment/condo/townhouse, and having a hectic job all reduce the amount of free time you have. In the past, I would run or bike as soon as I got home from work and before dinner. Nowadays, by the time I pick up my kids from school it is just about time to eat dinner and then there's homework. I suppose I could work out at 8-9 PM but I am tired and then I usually have some of my own work to do. Now add in a 45-min mowing job once a week and probably another 45 minutes of other outdoor work every week such as landscaping upkeep, gardening, and other random tasks. Oh yeah, I nearly forgot that I take my daughter to Taekwondo twice a week for a 1/2 hour practice which turns into nearly a 1 hour ordeal. 7-8 years ago I had none of these other tasks.

For me, it is not really about my health. Like you, I routinely get in my 10,000 steps everyday at my job. My general fitness far exceeds the average of my demographic. Last time I checked I had 10% body fat and blood pressure and cholesterol checked out without concern at my last physical. But I am going to start finding more time to squeeze in workouts since I miss being in good shape. Plus, I like modeling the importance of physical fitness to my kids.
    These are all valid points, but it in the end it comes down to priorities. When do you wake up? I'm out of bed at 5:30AM on weekdays and no later than 6:30 on weekends. Also, when my wife and I spend time with our kids, it's often in the form of hikes and exploring nature - i.e., where we can all get steps. The good news is house upkeep does give you steps and exercise, so you're benefiting in those ways.

Administrator

I definitely agree with setting a good example for the kids to follow. I love when parents who watch TV all night complain that their kids are always on their phones and playing video games.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

Started going to the gym at 530am, by the time I?m done my workout/shower, I?m on the road at the same time as I would be if I just slept more. Best part is that there aren?t a lot of people there at 530, so my workout goes quicker usually, or I do more in the hr. Depends on if I need to get to work a bit earlier than normal.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll