May 3rd: 295.1
    May 10th: 293.8
    May 17th: 291.5
    May 24th: 291.6
    May 31st: 288.4
    June 7th: 288.5
    June 14th: 288.1
    June 21st: 286.4

-1.7 feels good to lose some after going 2 weeks with basically no changes lol. To think i was 300 back in early april. i was at this weight (~286) a year ago. Staying focused

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: How much do you weigh?

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    I'm committing to this with you fella.

Back on April 18 I was at an all time high for me at 222.8 lbs
    April 16-22 Average - 222 lbs
    April 23-29 Average - 220.4
    April 30-May 6 Ave - 219.9
    May 14-20 Average - 219.8
    May 21 - 27 Average - 222.5 (Was noticing my Dog... who's been my exercise motivation and buddy was really struggling at 14 1/2 years of age)

now watch this.

May 29 - 218.4 (My Birthday... I woke up in the morning and made the decision that it was time to unselfishly put my beloved Pup down... hell of a way to Celebrate)... I'm not exercising at all at this point.
    May 30 - 214.6 (Wife and I tell the Kids that it's finally time to put down our furry family member)... No Exercise... just not eating much due to lack of appetite/depression
    May 31 - 213.8 (Decide on June 1st as the day to put her down...still not exercising and just not eating much)
    June 1 - 212.4 (Spend one final day... just me and her... she got a McDonald's happy meal and steak this day, I watched)
    June 2 - 212 (Day one adjusting to the new norm around the house)
    June 3 - 212. 6 (Day 3 post my pup... starting to eat again...still no exercise)

Week of June 4 - 10 - Average 214.6 (Creeping up)

Yesterday - 216.4 (MAKE A CONCIOUS EFFORT TO START EXERCISING AGAIN... 2K walk at lunch and 3K walk before bed. Met my goal of 10K steps, 8KM, 30 Flights and over 3000 calories burned.
    June 14 Today - 216.4 (geez...all that work and nothing to show for it...except I remember I nailed my goal 2 years ago of 195... takes time)
    Exactly a week from my last entry
    June 21 - holding steady at 116 lbs. Have been stuck here for the past 4 days.

So I get it. Lost only .4 lbs in 1 week. But need to power through. You keep up the same commitment this time next week you will start to see a change in the scale I'm guessing. That's my goal as well.

The Great One

There you go! A nice result and good validation of your continued efforts. This just shows - despite three weeks of treading your wheels you're down over 5 pounds in 4 weeks and 11 pounds in 2 months. Project that out and you could be looking at 65 pounds in a year. But don't stop too long to pat yourself on the back. Your goal should be your first two consecutive weeks of nice losses since early May. You can do that, and then the momentum will start to hopefully pay bigger dividends.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Monster

So I get it. Lost only .4 lbs in 1 week. But need to power through. You keep up the same commitment this time next week you will start to see a change in the scale I'm guessing. That's my goal as well.
    keep at er bud. one thing i know is losing weight sure likes to tests your patience lol.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    There you go! A nice result and good validation of your continued efforts. This just shows - despite three weeks of treading your wheels you're down over 5 pounds in 4 weeks and 11 pounds in 2 months. Project that out and you could be looking at 65 pounds in a year. But don't stop too long to pat yourself on the back. Your goal should be your first two consecutive weeks of nice losses since early May. You can do that, and then the momentum will start to hopefully pay bigger dividends.
    exactly. am close to the 270's which will be nice to be in.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    April 19: 297.2
    April 26: 296.5

-1.7 feels good to lose some after going 2 weeks with basically no changes lol. To think i was 300 back in early april. i was at this weight (~286) a year ago. Staying focused

Keep it up gents! You decided to post your journey on here, we will make sure to keep you in check! Different factors affect our weight and metabolism as we can see with your stories. They key is to finding a way to get back to a number on the scale that is both healthy and desired. You guys seem to be on the right track so chin up, and keep at it!

PS: HB, you mean 216 right (as opposed to 116)? If not, please share your diet details with SM; you'll save him a few extra workouts
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Monster

HB share your story on losing 100 lbs in a week lol.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    I may be in the minority, but what about not weighing yourself for a month? I know there have been (good) suggestions of using this weekly weigh as a way to keep track and stay accountable, which I understand and respect. But perhaps not focusing on the number for a little while will keep the focus on your habits and feeling healthier, rather than worrying about making numerical gains each week. Then after a month, you can evaluate to ensure you are on the right track.

Just a thought.
    I go even longer. I am in the process of losing weight, but mostly by just watching what I eat. I still do my normal activities, but haven't really picked anything new up. I find if I weigh myself every week, it's easier to let one bad week discourage you. But by going every two months or so, it's more encouraging because the good weeks outweigh the bad ones and you see it in one fell swoop.

I've lost 15 pounds since the middle of January literally just by eating better (ie- nuts instead of chocolate bars, smoothies instead of candy, etc.).

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Monster

June 28th: 286.9

although it wasn't my best week, i did have some positives, played my first baseball game last night. never played in over a year because i was too self conscious and didn't want to play when i was that heavy. Went 2-3 got an inside the park homerun lol. were in the worst division in the league but still for me to get my first homerun was pretty cool and to just play the game and not care what anyone thought about my weight was a big plus. Felt pretty numb afterwards. I guarantee a 3.5 lb loss for next week.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I crashed early last night, which means I woke up early 4am... struggled to sleep until 430... finally said screw it, got up made my lunch. Left for work at 5am (start at 6) and ran the 5.5km to work instead of my normal bike ride. Thoroughly enjoyed this... I'll be incorporating this into my schedule every Wed.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    June 28th: 286.9

although it wasn't my best week, i did have some positives, played my first baseball game last night. never played in over a year because i was too self conscious and didn't want to play when i was that heavy. Went 2-3 got an inside the park homerun lol. were in the worst division in the league but still for me to get my first homerun was pretty cool and to just play the game and not care what anyone thought about my weight was a big plus. Felt pretty numb afterwards. I guarantee a 3.5 lb loss for next week.
    I liked everything you said, right until you promised -3.5 pounds next week. Chances are that's not achievable, or at least not by behaviors that would have a good short or long term effect. Plus, if you don't make that goal, then you risk disappointment. Your main focus should be on getting back to the June 21st weight, or below it, and wiping away this tiny gain.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Titan

I loved the part where you went out and did something that you wanna do but weight held you back. Healthy living has changed your life already and if you keep being healthy that 2-3 and a HR will be 2-3 with 2 homers.

Love the progress in your life more than the numbers.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    I liked everything you said, right until you promised -3.5 pounds next week. Chances are that's not achievable, or at least not by behaviors that would have a good short or long term effect. Plus, if you don't make that goal, then you risk disappointment. Your main focus should be on getting back to the June 21st weight, or below it, and wiping away this tiny gain.
    like mark messier i promise victory lol. we'll see how it goes. i know ill get below it regardless. will be looking forward to next wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I loved the part where you went out and did something that you wanna do but weight held you back. Healthy living has changed your life already and if you keep being healthy that 2-3 and a HR will be 2-3 with 2 homers.

Love the progress in your life more than the numbers.
    thanks 2014OG. it was fun for sure but after i ran around the bases i was somewhat worried that i was going to die. never pushed myself like that for a long time but im ok now. was going to slow down going around 3rd but wasn't sure where the ball was and didn't want to mess up a inside the park home run which ive never got before lol

Administrator

I'd be careful about steering away from the "big picture" mentality to hit a short-term goal. I applaud the effort and enthusiasm though and wish you luck in achieving that goal.

As a longer-term goal, think of the ideal person you would like to become a year or two in the future. Make decisions every day that push you in that direction. This includes some of the things we discussed recently in our PM thread.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I'd be careful about steering away from the "big picture" mentality to hit a short-term goal. I applaud the effort and enthusiasm though and wish you luck in achieving that goal.

As a longer-term goal, think of the ideal person you would like to become a year or two in the future. Make decisions every day that push you in that direction. This includes some of the things we discussed recently in our PM thread.
    thanks eric. will do that. i didn't think it was a bad week for eating and what not but will keep plugging away here.