Poll: Capitals or Penguins

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Metropolitan Division Final: (1) Washington Capitals vs (2) Pittsburgh Penguins

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Metropolitan Division Final: (1) Washington Capitals vs (2) Pittsburgh Penguins

considering how much the caps struggled with toronto i think this series will be over quickly. Pens in 4.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Metropolitan Division Final: (1) Washington Capitals vs (2) Pittsburgh Penguins

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    considering how much the caps struggled with toronto i think this series will be over quickly. Pens in 4.
    They struggled against the best coached team in the league. I think both Washington and Toronto learned a lot from the series and Washington will beat the Pens in 6.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Why is the divisional format such an issue. It is how it used to be years ago... Doesn't matter when they meet, they were going to meet either way. 2nd round, 3rd round. Who really cares?

Pens in 6.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Immortal

Series odds are out on bet365:

Pittsburgh +100
    Washington -120

Dobber Sports Genius

Pittsburgh in 6
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Superstar

Hard to bet against Crosby and the Penguins. Coming into the Playoffs the Capitals were supposed to sweep the Leafs and the Penguins had their hands full with the Jackets and No Letang.

Goaltending is a very big question mark in this series. Holtby was shaky for parts of the Leafs series but if he finds his game is more than capable of stealing a few games (and the series). Further, After Fleury pulled a Murray on Murray (and was good but not great in the Jacket series) any chance the Penguins return to Murray who had the much better regular season for the 2nd roud? Big questions because if Fleury goes deep for the Penguins how can you justify getting rid of him prior to the expansion draft?

Anyways I took Penguins in 6.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The caps struggled against a plucky but weak defensive Leafs squad. They're definitely gonna get schooled by the Pens in 5.

Dobber Sports Master

Penguins in 7. Crosby and the gang are too good. Variable is Holtby vs Fleury but Holtby has not been dominant. If he gets that way, then we have ourselves a series. Winning 4 is tough against any team, let alone these two. I feel bad for Ovie and Backstrom. They always have to run into Sid and the Pens and the latter somehow always get the better of them. This is the only playoff series into which I will be tuning.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Ninja

As much as I'd love to see the GR8 win his first cup I just can't see them hanging with the Pens right now.

Pens in 6!

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    Penguins dominated a strong Columbus team, Capitals struggled against a plucky Leafs team. Washington is over matched here.

Penguins in 5, if it even gets that far.

I go almost the opposite in my views. I think Columbus was a relatively weak team and that Pittsburgh will be overmatched. Granted I thought Chicago would be playing for the Cup so what do I know?
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Most will look at the Caps less than impressive handling of the Leafs as a knock on their chances against Pit. I think the close games have them better prepared for what should be a tough series.

In my opinion , the Caps have the best goaltender and D in this series. The forwards are not quite at the Penguins level but I think this is the best group of forwards the Caps have had in a long time.

This will be a surprisingly short series and I think the Caps win in 5

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    I don't understand why the 2 teams with the most points over all are facing each other in the 2nd round. Ridiculous that the Washington (118 pts) isn't playing Ottawa (98) and Pittsburgh (111 pts) isn't playing New York (102 Pts). Neither Ottawa or New York won their division.
    I think this was a "WTF" moment for many of us back when the league announced the reallignment scenario a couple of years back. Just goes to show you that when the league office finally gets around to fixing things, you can bet they'll find a way to f it up somehow. They're nothing if not consistent.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    I think this was a "WTF" moment for many of us back when the league announced the reallignment scenario a couple of years back. Just goes to show you that when the league office finally gets around to fixing things, you can bet they'll find a way to f it up somehow. They're nothing if not consistent.
    On one hand it's completely ******ed... but on the other hand they seem to believe they've manufactured "rivalries". As if we're really that stupid.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    I don't understand why the 2 teams with the most points over all are facing each other in the 2nd round. Ridiculous that the Washington (118 pts) isn't playing Ottawa (98) and Pittsburgh (111 pts) isn't playing New York (102 Pts). Neither Ottawa or New York won their division.
    And New Yokr (102 points) has to start the series on the road against Ottawa who had less points. Does not make sense.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    And New Yokr (102 points) has to start the series on the road against Ottawa who had less points. Does not make sense.
    I overlooked that. So the worst of the 4 teams could get 4 home games, ($$$$$), and at least another 2 if they advance. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

That being said, I see this series as the Stanley Cup Final. These are the 2 favorites of the remaining teams.