Poll: Ducks or Oilers

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacific Division Final: (1) Anaheim Ducks vs. (2) Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Pacific Division Final: (1) Anaheim Ducks vs. (2) Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Has Lucic been that slow all season long? I didn't watch the Oilers too much in the regular season, so I'm wondering if he's tired, possibly injured or just lost a step. I don't remember him being that slow in previous years, he looks like a 4th liner at this point. I thought that contract would start looking bad in a couple of years, I didn't think it would start this soon. Maroon looks like an upgraded version of him, and Kassian could actually fill the same role as well.

I can't believe they're letting Eberle and RNH to carry an 'A' on their chest. They wouldn't do it if it was my team.
    Yes Lucic has been that slow. Could be a lot of hurt with his contract. At times you see what he can bring and it's unreal, but lots of time he just can't keep up.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Has Lucic been that slow all season long? I didn't watch the Oilers too much in the regular season, so I'm wondering if he's tired, possibly injured or just lost a step. I don't remember him being that slow in previous years, he looks like a 4th liner at this point. I thought that contract would start looking bad in a couple of years, I didn't think it would start this soon. Maroon looks like an upgraded version of him, and Kassian could actually fill the same role as well.

I can't believe they're letting Eberle and RNH to carry an 'A' on their chest. They wouldn't do it if it was my team.
    Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Yes Lucic has been that slow. Could be a lot of hurt with his contract. At times you see what he can bring and it's unreal, but lots of time he just can't keep up.
    #ScheduledPost

Dobber Sports Sage

Eberle was terrible last night. Showed some life in the 3rd but a press box seat should strongly considered Imo.

Luc may be slow at times but he brings a physicality that the oilers desperately needed the last few seasons. When he's throwing his body he looks faster out there. Just needs to play his game and he fits in nicely with this team.

Larson had some really solid plays all game long, tough break at the end for him and kelfbhom did him no favors on the final play.

I thought both Gibson and Talbot looked pretty good for a 7 goal game.

Oil have to find a way to slow down Getzlaf, he truly looks all world right now. It was great fun to see him smiling when the oiler fans got after him, handled it like the pro he is (and I'm an oiler fan).

It's time to say it. Oilers need more from McDavid if they are moving past this round. Time for the man to dominate a playoff game. If he doesn't steal one of these next 2 he may have to wait until next year for another change.

Game 5 is gonna be great.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Eberle was terrible last night. Showed some life in the 3rd but a press box seat should strongly considered Imo.

Luc may be slow at times but he brings a physicality that the oilers desperately needed the last few seasons. When he's throwing his body he looks faster out there. Just needs to play his game and he fits in nicely with this team.

Larson had some really solid plays all game long, tough break at the end for him and kelfbhom did him no favors on the final play.

I thought both Gibson and Talbot looked pretty good for a 7 goal game.

Oil have to find a way to slow down Getzlaf, he truly looks all world right now. It was great fun to see him smiling when the oiler fans got after him, handled it like the pro he is (and I'm an oiler fan).

It's time to say it. Oilers need more from McDavid if they are moving past this round. Time for the man to dominate a playoff game. If he doesn't steal one of these next 2 he may have to wait until next year for another change.

Game 5 is gonna be great.
    Yeah, I am worried about Lucic, but certainly not freaking out yet. He still brings an element to his game that is sorely needed with the Oilers.

I don't know what's going on with Eberle. Of course he's never been physical or defensively great, but he's always made up for it (to some degree) with his offense. Part of that was due to being force fed massive minutes and opportunities, but now he's just totally fallen off the map. It's really strange.

Not worried about Larsson in the slightest. He's been so good and exactly what the Oilers needed since the first game he played for the team.

I'll be let down if they lose this series but overall I'm ecstatic about this season and trust Chiarelli to make the moves needed to take the team to the next step. I think he's overall done an excellent job with the team and it shows on the ice.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    Classic Oiler fanery. When they win the fans are insufferable. When they lose, it's the refs, the league, Bettman, Americans, etc. etc.

The Ducks put on a clinic in the second period - are we saying that the refs launched 21 shots at the Oiler net?

This is why people love to hate the Oilers...it's not the team its the fans.
    What does this post make you then?
    Few words come to mind.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Whats the point of this pic?
    It doesnt show the low angle where Perry's foot is clearly in the air
    https://twitter.com/JasonSadownyk/st...74535164112898
    Offside

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I'll be let down if they lose this series but overall I'm ecstatic about this season and trust Chiarelli to make the moves needed to take the team to the next step. I think he's overall done an excellent job with the team and it shows on the ice.
    I'm not sure I've ever seen an entire fanbase and their media collectively and repeatedly pump the tires of their GM so hard as what has happened this year in Edmonton. Just at every single turn, and looping it back on every single topic.

Dobber Sports Ninja

We disagree then. From watching him nearly all year I would classify him as far better than mediocre. You don't need to agree though and that's fine.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Yah, every team needs mediocrity hyped as excellence.

Like Zaitsev with the Leafs. Bieksa with Anaheim. Stone with Calgary. etc. etc.
    You kinda lose credibility comparing even average players like Stone to Bieksa, who is all but done at this level.
    Larsson far better then all these guys.

Dobber Sports Pro

Far better, based on what ?
    Based on everything. Really dont feel like getting into a pissing match over Larsson with a Calgary guy right now, that cities obsession with the Oilers knows no bounds.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I honestly think there is no comparison between Larsson and those two players based on all round play, but I suspect we won't agree on that. It is what it is.

Bieksa quietly had a very good season. I think he's washed, but he didn't play that way for much of this season.

Larsson is good, and better than Zaitsev > Stone > Bieksa.

I think Larsson, is a solid 2/3 tweener kind've guy. I think Klefbom has had a much bigger impact on the team than Larsson.

Dobber Sports Star

I would be completely fine if the Oiler's sat Eberle for game 5. I think it could do a lot for him and potentially get him fired up for game 6.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Pro

You've picked a terrible day to start this is all, same goes for rataylor and ShiftDisturber
    Oilers fans are on edge today, like no time I can remember since '06 when Roloson went down.
    Put this topic off for later...back to what matters, that 2nd goal was 100% offside.

I also don't see anything in the stats (or my own eye test) which suggests Larsson is "far better" than Stone.
    I'd say they're not far apart at all, and if Larsson costs me Hall... well... I'd at least keep looking.
    I mean. Even if you filter to just his Calgary numbers, Larsson was a far better possession player than Stone. He's more physical and a better skater. Maybe marginally less offensively talented, but it's neither of their strong suit.