Poll: Ducks or Oilers

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacific Division Final: (1) Anaheim Ducks vs. (2) Edmonton Oilers

The Great One

Default Re: Pacific Division Final: (1) Anaheim Ducks vs. (2) Edmonton Oilers

If only they had a second line......

I didn't watch Game 1 or 2, but man RNH Eberle are getting killed out there.

Game 3, they couldn't stop the Kesler line.
    Game 4, Edmonton couldn't stop the Getzlaf line.

I think McLenan is getting out-coached in this one. Or Carlyle just has the depth to roll out anyone as long as Getzlaf = McDavid shifts...

Dobber Sports Sage

First two Anaheim goals shouldn't have counted and the ot winner was a waived off icing call that I don't feel should have been waived off. Sometimes you don't get the bounces. Oilers need to look themselves in the mirror and realize they can play with this team, beat this team, and probably would have taken 2-2 at the beginning of the series. Time to shake it off and get after it in game 5.

Also let's figure out who is covering no 15. Seriously...
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

Why shouldn't have they counted?

They did count.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Why shouldn't have they counted?

They did count.
    The first one was a questionable goalie interference call (or non-call depending on how you want to look at it). The Oilers lost their timeout after that call. The next goal was offside (Perry was offside) but the Oilers couldn't challenge it because they already lost their timeout. The first goal was questionable but the 2nd goal was definitely offside.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    I clearly don't understand goalie interference.... And then anaheims second goal was clearly offside... I think I'm going to be sick...

Also did. Getzlaf clone himself? Dude is everywhere.

Getzlaf was awesome last night.
    He did seem like he was everywhere.

I feel a bit bad for Larsson. That OT giveaway is going to be magnified.
    Most people don't know it (because NHL D-men make it look easy), but clearing a puck, off the wall, on one's backhand, late in the game, is among the harder things to do in hockey.
    Usually the mechanics don't fail NHL PROs, but it did there.
    (Good mercy, I can't count the number of times I've been in that exact same position and didn't get enough mustard on my clear.)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Getzlaf was awesome last night.
    He did seem like he was everywhere.

I feel a bit bad for Larsson. That OT giveaway is going to be magnified.
    Most people don't know it (because NHL D-men make it look easy), but clearing a puck, off the wall, on one's backhand, late in the game, is among the harder things to do in hockey.
    Usually the mechanics don't fail NHL PROs, but it did there.
    (Good mercy, I can't count the number of times I've been in that exact same position and didn't get enough mustard on my clear.)
    Klefbom shouldn't have stopped on the boards when he reversed it with Silf on him. Should have rolled around the net with him. The stuff play happens a lot on the boards with Larsson, but Klefbom just watched it happened and left his man open in front of the net.

I don't blame Larsson, I blame Klefbom's brain fart.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The first one was a questionable goalie interference call (or non-call depending on how you want to look at it). The Oilers lost their timeout after that call. The next goal was offside (Perry was offside) but the Oilers couldn't challenge it because they already lost their timeout. The first goal was questionable but the 2nd goal was definitely offside.
    Classic Oiler fanery. When they win the fans are insufferable. When they lose, it's the refs, the league, Bettman, Americans, etc. etc.

The Ducks put on a clinic in the second period - are we saying that the refs launched 21 shots at the Oiler net?

This is why people love to hate the Oilers...it's not the team its the fans.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I tried to stay up for the OT but couldn't do it. Why was the winner not icing??

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    Classic Oiler fanery. When they win the fans are insufferable. When they lose, it's the refs, the league, Bettman, Americans, etc. etc.

The Ducks put on a clinic in the second period - are we saying that the refs launched 21 shots at the Oiler net?

That's a pretty silly assessment. I know that Axe is an Oiler fan, but his account of what happened, when asked I might add, is pretty accurate. He doesn't sound like he is complaining; he sounds like he is describing the situation.

As an Oiler fan myself, I watch the game and think we need to play better. What happened last night sucks, but I am not blaming anybody. These things happen sometimes and you deal with it. It sounds to me, like that is what Axe is doing.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Pro

Classic Flame fan trollery.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    https://twitter.com/DerekVanDiest/st...74067364929537

"Offside"

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Close but second goal by <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Ducks?src=hash">#Ducks</a> not offside <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Oilers?src=hash">#Oilers</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NHL?src=hash">#NHL</a> <a href="https://t.co/OyCTmmCdSC">pic.twitter.com/OyCTmmCdSC</a></p>&mdash; Derek Van Diest (@DerekVanDiest) <a href="https://twitter.com/DerekVanDiest/status/859974067364929537">May 4, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    What? or Wut?? or however kids spell it these days

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    https://twitter.com/DerekVanDiest/st...74067364929537

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Close but second goal by <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Ducks?src=hash">#Ducks</a> not offside <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Oilers?src=hash">#Oilers</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NHL?src=hash">#NHL</a> <a href="https://t.co/OyCTmmCdSC">pic.twitter.com/OyCTmmCdSC</a></p>&mdash; Derek Van Diest (@DerekVanDiest) <a href="https://twitter.com/DerekVanDiest/status/859974067364929537">May 4, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    huh?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Never mind... found the twitter feed.

Tks.

Dobber Sports Deity

I wasn't whining at all. I was replying to Guru who asked why the two goals were in question. Geez, chill your pants.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."