Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: what is alex galchenyuk

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default what is alex galchenyuk

thoughts on this player going forward...is it a safe assumption to predict 55-60 from him going forward, or is there more to give
    16 team H 2 H keeper league
    keep 13 any position
    20 prospects (under 120 games)

C - Aho, Larkin, Kopitar
    LW- Laine, Teravainen, Kubalik
    RW- Kucherov, Meirer, Hoffman
    D - Josi, Karlsson
    G- Vasilevsky, Lehner

G, A, STP, GWG, SOG, PIMS, HITS +BLOCKS
    W, SO, SV%, SAVES

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: what is alex galchenyuk

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellshouse View Post
    thoughts on this player going forward...is it a safe assumption to predict 55-60 from him going forward, or is there more to give
    If you go in with that expectation, you won't be disappointed. I think the last Habs skater to hit over 70 was Kovalev, no? Galchenyuk is a decent player but don't lose sleep over the idea of him hitting more than 60 pts.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    If you go in with that expectation, you won't be disappointed. I think the last Habs skater to hit over 70 was Kovalev, no? Galchenyuk is a decent player but don't lose sleep over the idea of him hitting more than 60 pts.
    I'm with you on that. 55-60 is a pretty safe assumption.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sage

I think hes gonna need to find the right fit with Montreal. If you look at his last 30 games of 2015-2016 and his first 30 this season he was almost ppg. That's a pretty good sample size. He got injured and had a hard time fitting in the line up when he came back this year.

55-60 is very safe if you ask me. Upside potential for 70 next year.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Agreed. All depends on his situation - you can say that for every player, but Chucky has really been moved around. When he has played as a 1C he's been pretty great. In the 60-80 pt range over a full season, but he hasn't actually done it or had the opportunity to do this over a full season. Now Julien doesn't seem to trust him defensively or taking draws. If things stay status quo, he's probably only a 50pt player, give or take 10, in my opinion at least.

Dobber Sports Ace

I have to assume there is more to give. The talent is there. He just needs to stay healthy. I'd be shocked to not see him hit 70 at some point in the near future.
    I'd view him as a 55-60 point guy and feel safe but realistically think he can be 65-70 with almost the same probability.

Dobber Sports Deity

When I first read the title, I thought this was a Jeopardy question.

I think 55-60 is safe (and probably conservative) but there's definitely more to give.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

I generally agree with the 55 points consensus...
    I had high hopes for him but man does he look lost on the ice. I'm really starting to question his hockey sense.
    Forget the center/winger debate, he needs a playmaker to feed him the puck.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Guru

Galch is a player that will be traded this offseason if the Habs don't go deep. Where he goes will answer your question better.

At this point, I can't ever see him being more than a guy who bounces around the lineup in Montreal. Even when they put him on the wing, it's third or fourth line wing instead of a top-six winger.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Genius

52% of his points came in the first 8 weeks before his injury. 23 points in 8 weeks. Over a full season that translates into 75 points. He has the top offensive potential alongside Rads and Patches. I think the 55 points/season outlook is low and would be comfortable with 65 points going fwd and anything else is gravy. Seems to get rattled easily and has the push back of a wet noodle. Have him in my espn keeper and not sure if he will make the cut going into next season. I expected much more of him this season.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Galch is a player that will be traded this offseason i
    As a Bergevin pick in round one, not sure this happens...Price maybe lol
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Master

After watching him the last 3 games I change my answer. What is Galchenyuk? A useless piece of garbage is what he is. He's very good at making skate marks in the ice and at giving others the puck, whether they wear a Habs sweater or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    As a Bergevin pick in round one, not sure this happens...Price maybe lol
    Bergevin will be gone too. Price too. Galchenyuk and Pacioretty too. This team will be blown up. No way Price wants to stick around this useless mess. He's seen enough and I don't blame him. Calgary or Nashville would be great destinations for him.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

55-60 on the habs, 65-70 if he gets traded

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Galch is a player that will be traded this offseason if the Habs don't go deep. Where he goes will answer your question better.

At this point, I can't ever see him being more than a guy who bounces around the lineup in Montreal. Even when they put him on the wing, it's third or fourth line wing instead of a top-six winger.
    So the Habs get bounced in round 1. Where do you see him going??

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    So the Habs get bounced in round 1. Where do you see him going??
    Galchenyuk and Beaulieu to Colorado for Duchene and Soderberg ? Colorado top 5 would be Landeskgog, Galchenyuk, Rantanen, Jost and one of Nolan Patrick or Hischier.
    12 Teams Keep All - 25 players - Pts only (FWD: 1 pt per goal and assist - DEF: 2 pts per goal, 1 pt per assist - GOA: 2 pts per win, 4 pts per SO) / Active roster: 9 Fwds, 4 Defs, 2 Goalies

F: S. Crosby, T. Hall, V. Tarasenko, R. Strome, J. Gaudreau, J. Guentzel, D. Pastrnak , M. Rantanen, S. Aho, P. Buchnevich, E. Kuznetzov, M. Pacioretty, J. Pavelski, J. Marchessault, D. Perron
    D: K. Letang, D. Doughty, J. Carlson, D. Hamilton, B. Montour
    G: V. Husso, J. Quick, C. Hellebyuck, F. Andersen