Thread: big dynasty league trade

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default big dynasty league trade

16 team league, all stats, dynasty league (except ATOI)

giving: Seguin(C/RW) + Vasilevskiy + Dubois(LW) + 3rd Round Pick (41st overall)
    getting: Drouin(LW/RW) + Huberdeau(LW) + M.Jones + Keller(C)

reasons why I like trade: like adding the young depth to the roster, especially adding top prospect Keller, also adding wingers is good as it seems every player on ESPNs primary position is C and w/ a 21 player roster and a max of 7 per position it makes things tight

reasons against it: the Jones/Vas swap, don't know if Marleau/Thornton are sticking around in SJ if not SJ takes a big hit, and with Burns turning 33 next season don't know if they have the depth to make Jones a valuable tendy long term, while Vas has Stamkos returning to a stacked underachieving TBL team next season and couple possible contend for a top seed in the East

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: big dynasty league trade

Jones is by far the better goaltender; Vasilevskiy is inconsistent and inexperienced, and just makes all sorts of goofy mistakes. Tampa also has terrible defense so that won't help his numbers. Seguin for Huberdeau and Drouin is a fair deal, Drouin is great, young, very quick, lots of potential. He'll be a star one day, although probably not in Tampa. Huberdeau is another young star, missed a lot of games this year but is putting up great numbers, nearly at a point per game pace. Getting Keller on top of that? In my opinion, say yes before he changes his mind!

Dobber Sports Titan

Jones may be the better goalie, but I don't like the deal. Seguin is by far the best side of the deal.
    Say Dubois and Vasilevski = Jones.
    I will take Seguin + for 3 non-top 20 forwards any day of the week.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sage

It's close for me but I still want the best player here in Seguin. I'm not so down on vas. With no chance of Bishop back the net is his next year and his inconsistency and inexperience are part of being a young goalie in the NHL. I'm not worried about him and think Tampa did underachieve, they will be better next year.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

Wo you dropping?
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

got Stamkos on IR still so got a free spot, if I can't make a 2for1 trade before he comes off IR then probably N.Ritchie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Wo you dropping?
    14 Team (H2H Points) Dynasty League

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Eichel, Zibanejad
    LW: E.Kane, Panarin, Huberdeau, Marchand, Landeskog
    RW: Rantanen, Zuccarello
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Chychrun, Drysdale
    G: Shesterkin, Saros, Markstrom
    Prospects: Carlsson, Raty, Berggren, Miroshnichenko, Othmann, Clarke, Gulyayev, Nikishin, Wallstadt, Wolf

16 Team (H2H Points) Dynasty League

C: MacKinnon, Zibanejad, Duchene, Schenn, Johansen, Monahan, Krebs, Pageau
    LW: E.Kane, Pacioretty, Vrana, Hoffman
    RW: Tuch, Stone, Wilson, Batherson, Sprong, Gallagher, Wahlstrom
    D: Dahlin, Hamilton, Letang, Dumba, Kylington, Liljegren
    G: Allen
    Prospects: Byfield, Guenther, Rossi, Perreault, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by DudeImJason View Post
    got Stamkos on IR still so got a free spot, if I can't make a 2for1 trade before he comes off IR then probably N.Ritchie
    another reason then not to do the deal. In a league that counts 'all stats' I assume that includes hits. IF IT DOES, then Ritchie holds serious value moving forward, I like him to double his production for next year & 250+ hits. a 20-20 / 25-25 winger with 250+hits is Lucic level.

Keep the Seguin. I'm not sure I fully understand the 'adding young depth to my roster when you're trading top prospect, a young goalie and a pick. As well as a top 20 Forward, who's still young by any NHL era standards.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

I agree with Lucafen then TBH
    Experience is the teacher of all things.