Poll: Oilers or Sharks

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Pacific Division Semi Final: (2) Edmonton vs. (3) San Jose

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Pacific Division Semi Final: (2) Edmonton vs. (3) San Jose

That was the most boring playoff game I can ever remember watching.

Dobber Sports Deity

Five-hole!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I don't get the Kassian hate. We all know he's there to provide sandpaper and that's what he's doing.
    http://forums.dobbersports.com/signa...gpic2298_1.gif

FSC is always looking for dedicated dynasty league managers. We run 8 standard dynasty leagues (18/23 kept) - see available here https://fantasysportscoalition.wordpress.com/ and 1 contract dynasty ( players earn salaries on contracts ranging from 1-4 years) https://fantasysportscoalition.wordp...ague-waitlist/

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I can think of one example - him following Jones down the ice only to chirp him. That's not sandpaper. That's d-bag.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

I hated Kassian when he came to the Oilers. I actually booed him at an Oiler game early on when he was with the Oilers! Since then he is still annoying to play against, but has transitioned to more of an annoying pest that is an effective hockey player, than a dangerous goon that doesn't deserve to be in the league. I am still unsure if he can keep it between the lines but it's been long enough now that I am no longer booing him on the ice and respect that he has made some significant changes in his life, and to the way he plays the game. The big thing for me is that he has played some solid hockey all year, and hasn't tried to kill anyone out there. If he can be the new Esa Tikkanen then I will be very happy with that.

I was only listening to the game on the radio and it sounded like a pretty dry grindfest, but the right team won!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I hated Kassian when he came to the Oilers. I actually booed him at an Oiler game early on when he was with the Oilers! Since then he is still annoying to play against, but has transitioned to more of an annoying pest that is an effective hockey player, than a dangerous goon that doesn't deserve to be in the league. I am still unsure if he can keep it between the lines but it's been long enough now that I am no longer booing him on the ice and respect that he has made some significant changes in his life, and to the way he plays the game. The big thing for me is that he has played some solid hockey all year, and hasn't tried to kill anyone out there. If he can be the new Esa Tikkanen then I will be very happy with that.

I was only listening to the game on the radio and it sounded like a pretty dry grindfest, but the right team won!
    100% agree. I won't lie, when we got Kassian I thought he could end up doing what Pouliot has been doing for stretches this year (taking dumb penalties 200 feet away). But not only is he playing physical but he's scored 2 huge goals the last two games!
    http://forums.dobbersports.com/signa...gpic2298_1.gif

FSC is always looking for dedicated dynasty league managers. We run 8 standard dynasty leagues (18/23 kept) - see available here https://fantasysportscoalition.wordpress.com/ and 1 contract dynasty ( players earn salaries on contracts ranging from 1-4 years) https://fantasysportscoalition.wordp...ague-waitlist/

Dobber Sports Padawan

Kassian is the new Pisani!

Hoping the Oilers can grind out 2 more victories this series...I really don't care how they win, as long as they win. I certainly wouldn't have thought they would be playing a close tight-checking style of game with San Jose and coming out with a victory. Talbot has been amazing so far.

McDavid to break out in Game 4. Stay posted
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, Coyle, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Daccord

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Me too.
    Painful game to watch.
    Too bad it was my first in-person playoff game. Talk about bad luck.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Really feels like Jones has not played all that great this series. Some really weak goals.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Really feels like Jones has not played all that great this series. Some really weak goals.
    Jones has been mediocre since the AS break.

Banned

So has burns.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Oh dear, Oilers getting spanked 7-0 and the dumb SJ crowd is chanting "We want AIDS". Why anyone would want an illness that could very well kill them is beyond me. Hockey fans are just crazy if you ask me.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

Oilers are getting bitch slapped right now. Good test of their mental fortitude, will be interesting to see how they respond next game.

Dobber Sports Ninja

When youre 4 games in and have scored 1 even strength goal thats not good. Good learning experience for these guys and further confirmation that depth needs to be addressed for next season.

Dobber Sports Sage

They'll bounce back. In some ways this could be really good for them. Really doesn't matter how much you lose by and after game 1, id have gladly taken 2-2 after 4. I'm excited to see how they respond.

I'm predicting a dominant game from McDavid in game 5. It's time for him to do what great players do best and take over.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):