Poll: Caps or Leafs

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Metropolitan Division Semi Final: (1) Washington Capitals vs (4) Toronto Maple Leafs

Administrator

Default Re: Metropolitan Division Semi Final: (1) Washington Capitals vs (4) Toronto Maple Leafs

Leafs really needed that one. Can't let those slip away.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Metropolitan Division Semi Final: (1) Washington Capitals vs (4) Toronto Maple Leafs

Great game last night. Reminded me of the oilers and sharks game the night before. Youth came out rocking and flying and pulled ahead. Experience weathered the storm, hung around, chipped away and grinded out the win sticking to their system.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Great game last night. Reminded me of the oilers and sharks game the night before. Youth came out rocking and flying and pulled ahead. Experience weathered the storm, hung around, chipped away and grinded out the win sticking to their system.
    Great example

Dobber Sports Expert

Leafs win

Dobber Sports Jedi

Wooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Expert

Put Kapanen with some skilled linemates and look out.
    Still won't win series (keep telling yourself that BP)
    MAN THIS TEAM HAS YOUNG SKILLED DEPTH

Dobber Sports Jedi

They don't look severely overmatched. That's the surprising part. Wsh does carry the play a bit more, but no where near what people expected pre-series.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Youth is a scary thing to be up against in the 1st round of the playoffs.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Expert

Hypothetically. Leafs win both in T.O. & go up 3-1.
    Can they hold onto a 2 goal... errrr.... game lead?

Dobber Sports Ninja

What a freaking game! These Leafs are plays above and beyond anyone's expectations.

Kapanen... what a stud! Thank you Pens

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by the black panther View Post
    leafs win
    holy mackinaw!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    What a freaking game! These Leafs are plays above and beyond anyone's expectations.

Yea the knock.on him was that he was supposedly a perimeter player- i drafted him as a pen and i remember hearing that too- but he was everywhere out there today. Kk gets the hero cookie...

Dobber Sports Expert

Anyone whose seen the Marlins play this year is not really surprised by KKs play. Abeit injury Huge step in development this season.

Wonder if there's a temptation to throw him with Matthews & Nylander for a FEW SHIFTS. I mean he's not afraid to get dirty.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post

I'm sure the Pens are quite happy with the return they got for him and the results of the trade. They would make that trade 100 times out of 100.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

The Great One

Yeah seriously.

Kessel was the unofficial conn Smythe last year and they got him at a reduced salary lol

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post
    Anyone whose seen the Marlins play this year is not really surprised by KKs play. Abeit injury Huge step in development this season.

Wonder if there's a temptation to throw him with Matthews & Nylander for a FEW SHIFTS. I mean he's not afraid to get dirty.
    He's not as good as Hyman at winning board battles or retrieving loose pucks. Digging in the corners, etc.

Hyman is very underrated.