Poll: Sens or Bruins

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlantic Division Semi Final: (2) Ottawa Senators vs (3) Boston Bruins

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Atlantic Division Semi Final: (2) Ottawa Senators vs (3) Boston Bruins

Boston in seven and I am only saying that due to the injuries on their backend. I would have said six games for the Bruins. They are the better special teams team, I like Rask over Anderson and lastly, I like the Bruins playoff experience.

This will still be a good series to watch.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Default Re: Atlantic Division Semi Final: (2) Ottawa Senators vs (3) Boston Bruins

Any Bruins fan want to have a friendly bet?

Dobber Sports Immortal

This should end well

Dobber Sports Jedi

my emoticons don't work... but I'm burying my head.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    Any Bruins fan want to have a friendly bet?
    I'll bet you. If Bruins win, you admit you're Ev and post in this thread as to why the Bruins deserved to win the series and the Sens did not.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    This should end well
    What do you mean? I can't make a bet with a Bruins fan?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I'll bet you. If Bruins win, you admit you're Ev and post in this thread as to why the Bruins deserved to win the series and the Sens did not.
    no. I'm only betting with a Bruins fan. And I have already admitted I'm Ev so not sure why I would need to do that again.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Yup, Stanley Cup contender indeed. ;-)

Chris Stevenson‏ @CJ_Stevenson 11m11 minutes ago
    More
    So it looks like MacArthur has gone from retired on a beach in Florida to first line and first power play unit. #movingonup

No offense to MacArthur, as I love the guy and hope he keeps playing. But he's a 2nd line player at best, on any other team. (And how many freaking games has he played in the past two years?!)
    To see him and Burrows being considered so integral on this team... well... yikes, if you have no better alternatives.
    They're a very thin, fragile team, who knows how many warm bodies are playing banged up? I don't see Ott being able to survive the series vs. Boston who still plays a very physical style.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Pumped-- heading to the game tomorrow night! Cautiously optimistic but only b/c of Bruins injuries at the back end. Ottawa's forwards will have to step up big time (at both ends) and Anderson will have to continue his superlative play in order for Ottawa to win. Getting Methot back will be huge and will stabilize the back end.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Yup, Stanley Cup contender indeed. ;-)

Chris Stevenson‏ @CJ_Stevenson 11m11 minutes ago
    More
    So it looks like MacArthur has gone from retired on a beach in Florida to first line and first power play unit. #movingonup

No offense to MacArthur, as I love the guy and hope he keeps playing. But he's a 2nd line player at best, on any other team. (And how many freaking games has he played in the past two years?!)
    To see him and Burrows being considered so integral on this team... well... yikes, if you have no better alternatives.
    First line isn't really "first line". Ice time is spread throughout. Burrows has been great and with Brassard and Stalberg they have massive amount of experience, speed, and grit.

MacArthur is a very, very good player and looks like his old self already. What a huge add for the Sens.

and if you really want to get into analyzing which players are on which lines, David Backes plays on the Bruins first line and is not actually a 1st liner. So it's not something worth getting worked up over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    They're a very thin, fragile team, who knows how many warm bodies are playing banged up? I don't see Ott being able to survive the series vs. Boston who still plays a very physical style.
    This isn't 2011 or 2013. The Sens play a physical style just fine and have suffocated the Bruins all season long. It doesn't shock me that nobody actually paid attention to the Sens-Bruins games this year and how much Ottawa stifled them offensively. And the Sens are not thin. They have good options on the bench now with all the depth we have added.

The Great One

MacArthur.....lol

Dobber Sports Jedi

First line isn't really "first line". Ice time is spread throughout. Burrows has been great and with Brassard and Stalberg they have massive amount of experience, speed, and grit.

MacArthur is a very, very good player and looks like his old self already. What a huge add for the Sens.

and if you really want to get into analyzing which players are on which lines, David Backes plays on the Bruins first line and is not actually a 1st liner. So it's not something worth getting worked up over.

- - - Updated - - -

This isn't 2011 or 2013. The Sens play a physical style just fine and have suffocated the Bruins all season long. It doesn't shock me that nobody actually paid attention to the Sens-Bruins games this year and how much Ottawa stifled them offensively. And the Sens are not thin. They have good options on the bench now with all the depth we have added.
    I'll take the experience of Chara, Kejci, Marchand, Bergeron, McQuaid, Rask over Ott's experience.

NO one pays attention to the Sens because outside of Karlsson there is nothing to pay attention to. I mean Bozak put up more points than Stone this year. That leaves me lacking any desire to sit down and watch.

I hate the Sens and by default am rooting for Bos to wipe them in 4.

Dobber Sports Pro

no. I'm only betting with a Bruins fan. And I have already admitted I'm Ev so not sure why I would need to do that again.
    Damn. The whole "Not Big Ev" thing had me completely fooled, I am glad you let people know haha

Anyway, I am sure all the players on both teams have playoff experience so it does not mean that much if anything at all to me. It is just a narrative. The best team (or luckiest team) will win this series. Is Methot back for the series? I know Krug is out for the series (I believe I saw that on Twitter so don't quote me on it), and Carlo is out for game one and who knows how long after. Updates on injured players?
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Ninja

I actually think the Senators have a reasonable chance to beat the Bruins, but it could go either way. I find the word hate funny for the Senators. Generally people hate teams that either have huge fanbases that are annoying, or have experienced a lot of success. The Senators don't strike me as fitting either of those descriptions, but then I live in Western Canada, so don't have the 'luxury' of being close to a large number of Sens fans. That being said, the only two guys I know who cheer for the Senators are stunningly ignorant, so maybe that's a theme? Not sure.

They sort of fall into that pile with the Wild or Coyotes for me. They don't get a lot of thought from me. Sort of a 'Oh right, they are in the league' type thing. That means that I am probably susceptible to underrating how good they can be because there are very few instances where I'd actually choose to watch those teams play. They could totally go on a nice run and be a surprise team in the playoffs though. With parity in the NHL the way it is nearly any team can.

Banned

Common theme here of Leaf fans putting down the Sens after so desperately wanting to play us in the first round. What a shocker. Keep it up guys. Just because your team has no chance doesn't mean you have to troll others.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I actually think the Senators have a reasonable chance to beat the Bruins, but it could go either way. I find the word hate funny for the Senators. Generally people hate teams that either have huge fanbases that are annoying, or have experienced a lot of success. The Senators don't strike me as fitting either of those descriptions, but then I live in Western Canada, so don't have the 'luxury' of being close to a large number of Sens fans. That being said, the only two guys I know who cheer for the Senators are stunningly ignorant, so maybe that's a theme? Not sure.

They sort of fall into that pile with the Wild or Coyotes for me. They don't get a lot of thought from me. Sort of a 'Oh right, they are in the league' type thing. That means that I am probably susceptible to underrating how good they can be because there are very few instances where I'd actually choose to watch those teams play. They could totally go on a nice run and be a surprise team in the playoffs though. With parity in the NHL the way it is nearly any team can.
    I dont like the Sens because, 1 i'm a leaf fan, and 2, most fans of the team talk down to Leaf fans because the Leafs get a majority of the media time, and they think they're underdogs based on no one giving them respect. So personally Sens fans are annoying.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll