Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vancouver 1st place in Northwest Division????

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Vancouver 1st place in Northwest Division????

putting a pregnant woman on a plane isn\'t the best idea and at the end of the day...hockey is just a game. just because you get paid millions of dollars doesn\'t mean that the players set hockey as their #1 priority.
    and if u think about their season, when would they have been able to try and make a baby? the offseason and if u add 9 months to the off season it comes right before the playoffs start. its a pretty tough job to be a hockey player if you have to give up sex too.
    9 team One Year Rotisserie League (Daily Rosters with 82 Max Games Played) 40 move limit
    Cats: G A +/- PIM PPG PPP SHP GWG SOG GWG FW HIT BLK W GAA SV SV% SHO
    3C 2LW 2RW 4D 1UTIL 2G 3BN

C McDavid Larkin Dubois Schenn Konecny
    LW Panarin Connor Arvidsson Nichushkin
    RW Marner Necas Buchnevich
    D Fox Burns Pietrangelo Durzi
    G Oettinger Samsonov
    IR+ P. Kane

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I have to look at it this way.

PRETEND you\'re a pregnant woman.

Your husband is the breadwinner, but he\'s out of town on important business that brings cash home.

Now you\'re told by the doctors that there will be complications of sorts with your child.

Being pregnant, hormone levels are out of whack, affecting your judgement, mood, and decisions. I admit this must be hard to imagine being a guy, but imagine.

You have two choices.

1) You can stay alone at home in Vancouver, while Lu goes out and makes money. Meanwhile, he\'ll be gone for days and weeks at a time, home alone. AND you\'ll be in a fragile state of mind.

2) You can go down to Florida where your father/mother/grandmother/grandfather/whatever live, who can give you emotional support every step of the way.

Just food for thought.
    10 Team H2H In-HouseSalary
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, SV%, GAA, SO
    Dress: C, LW, RW, D, D, U, U, G Daily
    C: Crosby, Roy, H. Sedin, M.Koivu
    LW: Heatley, A. Kostitsyn, Cammalleri, Bourque
    RW: St. Louis, Voracek, Mueller (C), Bouchard (RW)
    D: Kaberle, Gleason, Suter, Burns, Vlasic
    G: Turco, Garon
    IR: Oshie, Gonchar, Green
    Farm: Filatov, Kunitz, Yandle, Bogosian, Pavelec, 5 unk Players

Banned

Too bad, if you\'re a hockeyplayer you should play hockey. If you rather make babies and stuff you shouldn\'t be a hockeyplayer. for you there are 10 guys that DO want to be a pro hockey player.

Give up sex, who cares when you retire around the beautiful age of 35, your wife should be in her prime anyways so the sex is 10 times better hehe
    Or the other 2 options are: During christmas break so the baby will be born before the season starts. Or use a condom and other protectives so you won\'t have this problem.

It ain\'t no different than any normal business person.

You either choose a career or a family, very few that can do both full time. If my star goalie cost me the playoffs because he was too busy with personal life then I would have a pretty good discussion with him about what he wants to do with his life. If I was a hockeyowner I would expect hockey and only hockey from my players. Especially during the season when it comes close to play off time.

And if your mother and father and the whole family live in Florida there should be enough support for her there until the season is over

I honestly think it\'s a pretty serious thing this. If you are a pro athlete you should do EVERYTHING you can especially in a teamsport to make sure you make the playoffs

You don\'t commit to the team, you are not part of the team.

Simple

Dobber Sports Ninja

Thanks for your feedback. I\'ll have to disagree wholeheartedly, but I guess that\'s why we are different.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Wow... only -5? surprising.

I think that a another part of Bobby Lou\'s poor(er) season not mentioned so far is the fact that he was playing way too many games.

73 freaking games! Canucks arguably have the worst travel schedule in the NHL and this guy is playing 73 games!.

This is totally different and much more difficult to do than Martin Brodeurs 77 starts. His Eastern conference is so closely packed distance wise, he gets many more games where the travelling is negligible and his rest and recouperation time is much greater.

I think it\'s noble that Lou wants to play so much but totally irresponsible of Vignault to let it happen.
    __________________________________________________ _____
    18 team H2H Points only keeper league. 6FW 4D 1G

Kopitar, Kane, Backstrom, Giroux, Berglund, Elias, Steen, J Jokinen
    Byfuglien, OEL, Yandle,
    Rinne

Dobber Sports Ninja

Actually statistically speaking Luongo plays better the more he plays, so it might be wise to try and get Luongo up into the super high numbers again. More then last year.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

He played 76 games the season before and was even better in the playoffs against Dallas and Anaheim. He plays better with more time, not worse.

Goalies like him need to be in 75+ games.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified