Poll: Who recovers first?

Thread: Teams in NHL Purgatory. Who recovers first?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Teams in NHL Purgatory. Who recovers first?

Out of these teams just spinning their wheels, who is the first to recover and be an over 500 team? I have added a poll, with an other option just in case there is someone I missed.

FWIW I think Arizona has the best chance in the short term to turn it around but something about a franchise constantly in turmoil off the ice that makes me think they will never reach their true potential until they leave the desert. With that being said and at risk of being called a homer, I think the Canucks have a strong young group of D, good up and coming tenders and just need another few really high end forwards to be competitive. I think they are 2-3 years away from being in playoff contention (fighting for a spot not contending for a cup). The difference between their rebuild and some recent ones from memory such as the Oilers, is that they seem to be doing it from the back end out. I think that will get them competitive sooner.

One last thing to note is what are people's thoughts on the Devils. I own Schiender in two leagues and they are just awful. I don't really see any direction and Hall although a high end offensive players is a bad luck chuck.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Teams in NHL Purgatory. Who recovers first?

I have to go New Jersey here because I think they are the best managed team out of the bunch. They have the most experienced front office and haven't made any dumb moves in recent memory. They don't have all of the flashy prospects that the other teams do, but I trust them more to develop properly and make smart moves to build in the right direction.

Dobber Sports Titan

Arizona is my vote just based on the talent they have coming up the pipeline, and if they're smart, they can take advantage of a saturated goalie market right now to find their starter after Mike Smith when they're ready to be competitive.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Wizard

I voted Colorado because they shouldn't be as bad as they are right now. They have MacKinnon, Landeskog, Duchene and Rantanen at forward with Barrie, Johnson and Zadorov on 'D', so if they add some pieces around those players, they should be much better than what they've shown this season.

If they're smart, they would be adding to those players instead of trying to trade two of them away for no good reason. They also need a new coach, and maybe a new GM as well.

Arizona has the best young players of that group but I think they still need a few years to put it all together. Colorado's players are ready to contribute now if the franchise realizes how to work with what they have.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Arizona is my vote just based on the talent they have coming up the pipeline, and if they're smart, they can take advantage of a saturated goalie market right now to find their starter after Mike Smith when they're ready to be competitive.
    voted Arizona as well. OEL, Domi, Dvorak, Fischer, Strome, Deangelo, Duclair, Chychrun, Rieder. Solid core of young talent

Administrator

New Jersey for me because they have their goaltending sorted out which by itself can lead to a playoff appearance soon. I keep hearing about Colorado having all of this talent but they're the worst team of the past two decades. They have some MAJOR problems that will take some time to address.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

I agree I look at the Av's core and only two of them scream gamer to me with maybe Rantanen being one in the future. I think that team has the fewest pieces to build around IMO out of the bunch.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

The Great One

Zona for me too - they're the only ones who've been expected to be as bad for as long as this, plus they have great pieces.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Deity

I am going with Arizona or Vancouver. Both teams seem to be building some decent pieces to work with, long term.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Arizona for me.

And I'm just glad Edmonton no longer has to be on these kinds of lists.

Dobber Sports Jedi

gotta be the Yotes, so much bloody talent coming up the pipeline. Keller, Strome, Chychurn, DeAngelo, Fischer, Perlini - the list goes on and on. I wouldn't be surprised to see them be in play for Raanta of Darling this summer.

The Devil next for me, although - them making jump to playoffs isn't as talent laden obvious as AZ.

Until the Sedins are on a short term cheap contract I just don't see any playoff hopes. They have nice pieces coming but are missing the supporting cast around those re pieces.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Immortal

Not sure if it will be under their teenage GM but Arizona is my pick. They've already been going at it for a couple of years so I wouldn't even say they're in purgatory.