Thread: 2017-2018 FW Keeper Help

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default 2017-2018 FW Keeper Help

So I have a great crop of young forwards but can only keep three so hoping to establish who I am keeping early in the offseason so I can target and upgrade in a 2 for 1. Possible keepers are

Laine
    Tavares

Draisaitl
    Scheifele
    Gaudreau
    Wheeler

Forsberg
    Granlund

I see Laine and Tavares as two obvious picks, I am torn between Draisaitl and Scheifele (And the potential of Gaudreau) and always forget how much Wheeler produces for me. While Forsberg and Granlund are good, I don't think they are in the discussion of top 3. Do folks think I have this right? Or are there differences of opinion?
    8tm Keep 7FWD,4D,1G
    C,3LW,3RW,5D,2G (positional game played cap)
    G(3),A(2),+/-(1),PM(0.5),PPP(1),GW(1),S(0.4),W(4),SV(0.2),GA(-1),SO(2)
    C:Aho, Barkov, Pavelski(RW), Nugent-Hop(LW)
    R:Rantanen, Pasta, Konecny
    L:Guentzel, Gaudreau, Keller(RW), Benn
    D:Makar, Karlsson, Sergachev, Dobson, Hronek, Sanderson
    G:Vasilevskiy, Hart, Kuemper, Kotchetkov, Husso

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: 2017-2018 FW Keeper Help

I would probably rank them as you have, but would be willing to move Tavares along with Draisaitl or Scheifele if that brings the better return.

Dobber Sports Ace

Keep Laine and Draisatl for sure.

I would then trade Tavares along with Gaudreau, Scheifele, Wheeler, Forsberg or Granlund for an upgrade.

Tavares has done well in the past and it is almost certain that someone still believes in him to be an elite producer. He may still will but why hold your breath waiting for it to happen?

Those are some intriguing names, keep on trying to upgrade your players.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Giant

Laine
    Tavares
    Draisaitl

If you can upgrade any of those 3 with the help of your other players, by all means go fro it.

As for your goalie, I'd probably keep Talbot over Crawford or maybe look for an upgrade in goal using your spare forwards.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

The Great One

Stinks to lose so much talent, but in only an 8 team league with 3 keeps each there will be plenty of guys available to restock your team. What you need in keepers are sure things with upside, and to me that's Scheifele, Draisaitl, and Laine. Tavares is just too iffy at the moment and the other guys I'm recommending also have better surrounding talent.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Laine
    Tavares
    Draisaitl

If you can upgrade any of those 3 with the help of your other players, by all means go fro it.

As for your goalie, I'd probably keep Talbot over Crawford or maybe look for an upgrade in goal using your spare forwards.
    I agree with Bass here. Laine, JT and Leon are the top 3 I'd be more than happy to keep. If you can move ANY of the others to upgrade these guys, have atter, although I'd be happy with this 3 as my final 3 keepers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Stinks to lose so much talent, but in only an 8 team league with 3 keeps each there will be plenty of guys available to restock your team. What you need in keepers are sure things with upside, and to me that's Scheifele, Draisaitl, and Laine. Tavares is just too iffy at the moment and the other guys I'm recommending also have better surrounding talent.
    Sheif > J.T.

hmmmmm. Definitely a bold move proposed by Rizzee here. And one that definitely could pay off. I just wouldn't want to be the one who dropped J.T. and live to regret it.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Sheif > J.T.

hmmmmm. Definitely a bold move proposed by Rizzee here. And one that definitely could pay off. I just wouldn't want to be the one who dropped J.T. and live to regret it.
    I'm too worried about Tavares having no one else around him. A guy can only do so much himself, no matter how talented he might be. The other concern is that next season he'll be playing for his UFA deal, and we saw that didn't exactly lead to Stamkos doing great amid all the attention and pressure. But perhaps Tavares will see it as his chance to really strut his stuff. To me though, Scheifele is a monster who, in 2017-18, could pull off a jump like we saw from Kucherov this season.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Ace

Laine
    Gaudreau
    Draisaitl
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Padawan

Laine, Draisatl and Scheifle are the ones I'd keep if no move is made. I'd be packaging two of Tavares, Gaudrea, Draisatl for a crack at McDavid or Karlsson though.