Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cannabis Day 2018

Dobber Sports Icon

Exclamation Cannabis Day 2018

Canada to legalise pot by Canada Day 2018:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/libe...-pot-1.4041902

The hypocrisy of allowing alcohol, a much more powerful and dangerous hard drug, to be advertised and sold while pot is not might actually be coming to an end. Hell, using alcohol is seen as an activity in itself.

Ask an ER nurse which of those two drugs is more of a problem.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Cannabis Day 2018

Have never touched the stuff but I say legalize it all and tax it through the roof. I don't mind better roads and services!

Dobber Sports Titan

I find it interesting its 18yrs or older is the legal age. Thought it just would have been in line with alcohol and cigarettes

I heard that bit on the radio, so i dont have a source for that.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Canada to legalise pot by Canada Day 2018:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/libe...-pot-1.4041902

The hypocrisy of allowing alcohol, a much more powerful and dangerous hard drug, to be advertised and sold while pot is not might actually be coming to an end. Hell, using alcohol is seen as an activity in itself.

Ask an ER nurse which of those two drugs is more of a problem.
    It was god damn time.

Regardless of the negative impact it might have, it's probably not worse than Cigarettes or alchohol. Plus, it takes money off criminal groups and fills up the governments pocket. Win-Win.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Have never touched the stuff but I say legalize it all and tax it through the roof. I don't mind better roads and services!
    I agree. And take away licenses for a solid amount of time if using it while driving

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I agree. And take away licenses for a solid amount of time if using it while driving
    While I agree, that's actually very difficult to do. There's no 'breathalizer' for this sort of thing. I was reading some of the research on how things are going at the state level in the US and there is so much uncertainty about what works and what doesn't right now. There's no way to say conclusively that it's a net benefit (or harm) to society at this point. Need like another 5-10 years of research to see the long term effects. Truthfully I just want some potholes fixed with the pothead's money.

Dobber Sports Sage

My state legalized it a couple of years ago. Despite conservatives promising that it would cause the end of western civilization and really make Jesus mad at us, the net result has been extremely positive. Hundreds of millions in tax revenues to improve education and other priorities while simultaneously depriving those revenues from criminal organizations.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    My state legalized it a couple of years ago. Despite conservatives promising that it would cause the end of western civilization and really make Jesus mad at us, the net result has been extremely positive. Hundreds of millions in tax revenues to improve education and other priorities while simultaneously depriving those revenues from criminal organizations.
    Which state? I was reading about Colorado and while it hasn't been negative, it also has not been proven positive either. The jury is truly still out as far as I can tell. Too early to draw any real conclusions.

Dobber Sports Master

Which state? I was reading about Colorado and while it hasn't been negative, it also has not been proven positive either. The jury is truly still out as far as I can tell. Too early to draw any real conclusions.
    Our boy is from Washington... I believe Oregon has legalized it too.

My brother and I did a road trip a year or so ago through Washington and Oregon and it was weird to come back to the restrictive pot laws of BC (which is an admittedly odd sounding sentence).
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Titan

It'll take like 50yrs to get a full read on it when 2 generations go through the legalization of weed. A kid growing up with legal weed is going to treat it differently than a 10yr old now growing into it being legal.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    It'll take like 50yrs to get a full read on it when 2 generations go through the legalization of weed. A kid growing up with legal weed is going to treat it differently than a 10yr old now growing into it being legal.
    Yeah, my thoughts as well. Maybe not 50 years, but I could see a need for 20 or so to at least get a good idea of what is really going to happen. I suspect it will be net positive, but you never know. There are some tricky issues to be worked out still.

Dobber Sports Titan

Yeah, my thoughts as well. Maybe not 50 years, but I could see a need for 20 or so to at least get a good idea of what is really going to happen. I suspect it will be net positive, but you never know. There are some tricky issues to be worked out still.
    I still dont get how they can pick 18. I only say this because kids are still in highschool at 18, just buy it legally and deal it to kids under 18. Make it 19 and at least you get a majority of 19yrolds out of highschool.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I still dont get how they can pick 18. I only say this because kids are still in highschool at 18, just buy it legally and deal it to kids under 18. Make it 19 and at least you get a majority of 19yrolds out of highschool.
    Drinking age is 18 in Alberta/Manitoba/Quebec. Do they experience similar issues in those provinces with alcohol being bootlegged to highschoolers at a higher rate than other provinces?

Dobber Sports Superstar

18 is the age of majority to do basically everything in Canada: vote, enlist, enter a contract, etc. (except buy alcohol in some provinces). From what I've read the provinces will be able to retain the ability to make the legal limit higher (just like with alcohol).

I'm of two minds on this matter. First, I'm glad Trudeau is finally getting around to doing it. I'm all for personal freedom and frankly it was one of his larger election promises that got him elected.
    The only downside is he's taking forever to do it. The vast majority of the information being looked at and reviewed in the studies is strictly the domain of the individual provinces. Licensing, business, and taxation should all properly be the domain of the provinces. There will be many, many lawsuits over the separation of powers and the federal governments control of marijuana once legalised.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Titan

Ya i totally forgot about most provinces being 18 for alcohol. i'm stuck in ontario frame of mind.