Thread: Which forward to bench next week....

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Which forward to bench next week....

So Im probably being a bit presumptuous and asking for a huge upset in the third period. Knock on wood. But as long as Giroux doesn't have a 4 point 3rd period I am off to the semi finals (somehow I got by Bobrovsky and Ovechkin this past week).

Team in sig. I'm looking to fill my last 2 forward positions. Also curious if anyone would start weber over the other 3 d?

F - Eichel - 3 g
    F - Tavares - 4 g
    F - Staal - 4 g
    F - Forsberg - 5 g
    F - Kopitar - 4 g - Bergeron 4 g - Trochek 4 g
    F - Kopitar - 4 g - Bergeron 4 g - Trochek 4 g

D - OEL - 4 g
    D - Faulk - 5 g
    D - Jones - 4 g

G - Allen - 4 g (no btb)

Bench: Weber (3 games) and one of the 3 forwards

Overall I'm feeling really good about the upcoming week. Of note my opponent has Barkov and Marchessault and has no LA or Boston players.

I have an idea of who I want to start but I'm curious to see how some of you approach these types of situations and your line of thinking behind it. As always #repsforjesus.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

Default Re: Which forward to bench next week....

I would drop Kopitar this week - he's done well the last 30 but I fancy Trochek and Bergeron to have more upside as they aren't the only focal points on their teams

id be tempted to play Weber over OEL with those categories but would also depend on who they are playing
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I like what Sulla said. Bergeron, Trocheck and Weber.

The Great One

I still worry that Bergeron is playing through an injury, but I'm still on board with starting him over Kopitar too. I'd also put Weber in, maybe even for Jones, who's more of a PP afterthought in Columbus.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sage

Thanks gents. I appreciate the opinions and rep left where I could.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):