Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Nikita Gusev: Panarin 2.0?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Nikita Gusev: Panarin 2.0?

remember the year Panarin came to the NHL was the same year Plotnikov came over. There was lots of curiosity about both guys, but Plotnikov was generally thought to be the guy who would be more successful. Just goes to show, you just can't ever know for sure.

I'm personally hedging my bet on Kaprizov being the better KHL player who comes over, but again...who knows
    Weekly H2H 4games/week. 14 Teams,21 Player roster+ 3 protected prospects
    20 week Regular season + 3 Rounds of Playoffs
    Keep 10

G+A = 1pt, Dman G+A = 1.5pt, PPG =1pt, PPA = 0.5pt, SHG = 1pt, SHA = 0.5pt, ShootoutG = 0.25pt, GWG = 1pt, Hatty = 3pt, DMan Hatty = 5pt, +/- (For D only) = +/- 0.5pt, W = 2pt, L = -1pt, OTL = 1pt, ShootoutL = 0.5pt, SO = 1pt, S = 0.1pt, GA = -0.5pt, Goalie Goal = 5pt

Each week play: 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 D, 2 G
    C: Stamkos, Tavares, Getzlaf, Zibanejad
    LW: Schwartz, Kase, Debrusk, Dzingel
    RW: Ehlers, Lindholm, Zuccarrello, Tuch
    D: Letang, Burns, Krug, Edler
    G: Vasilevskiy, Fleury, Saros, Domingue
    Prospects: Sorokin, Kaprizov, Hart

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by nickchau2000 View Post
    remember the year Panarin came to the NHL was the same year Plotnikov came over. There was lots of curiosity about both guys, but Plotnikov was generally thought to be the guy who would be more successful. Just goes to show, you just can't ever know for sure.

I'm personally hedging my bet on Kaprizov being the better KHL player who comes over, but again...who knows
    I don't know many people that watched both expected Plotnikov to be better.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I don't know many people that watched both expected Plotnikov to be better.
    Yeah, I tried to warn people about Plotnikov... http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...n-vs-Plotnikov

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Talent-wise, Panarin is 10 times better than Plotnikov. Maybe more. I don't see Plotnikov playing with Malkin at all, I see him playing on the 4th line where his game is a better fit. Panarin on the other hand, I think it's top-6 or KHL for him. He won't go to the AHL and he's no use in bottom-6 role. No matter what type of league you're in or what your team situation is, I would take Panarin over Plotnikov every time.

Administrator

Plotnikov's appeal was in multi-cat.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Plotnikov's appeal was in multi-cat.
    Plotnikov's appeal was overselling a skillset because he was Russian and might play with a superstar.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    it will probably shock you too because I doubt you have seen him play at all in the KHL....
    Nowadays, there are streams everywhere for anything you want to watch. I've watched him about a total of 3-4 games. But honestly, you literally added nothing to the conversation with your reply.
    12 Team Roto., 30 Player (20 Keeper) Yahoo Dynasty

G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HITS, BLK -- W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

4 - C/LW/RW
    6 - D
    3 - Util
    3 - G

C - Crosby, McDavid, O'Reilly, Couturier
    LW - Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Bennett, Fiala
    RW - Pastrnak, Kucherov, Caufield, Mangiapane
    Util - Lowry, Backstrom, McCann, Barzal, Pageau, E. Kane, Mercer, M. Foligno
    D - Dahlin, Karlsson, Hamilton, Dumba, Pulock, Dobson, Faulk, Romanov

G - Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky, Hellebuyck, Bernier

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Schneider View Post
    Nowadays, there are streams everywhere for anything you want to watch. I've watched him about a total of 3-4 games. But honestly, you literally added nothing to the conversation with your reply.

I mean we all have access to those streams but its still not really casual watching fare- theyre a bit difficult to find- and theyre likely in russian. As an NHL fan you wouldnt have much context for the games- especially if youre only watching 3 or 4 of them over a season. All the things you mentioned sound like ways Id describe him- but I would have formed my opinion exclusively by reading scouting reports, blogs, and forums.

Hypothetically if you were just using colorful language- its ok- weve all done it- but I challenge you to be the first honest person on the internet and admit that you were exaggerating the part where you said you watched three or four khl games and that the honest answer was more like one to two youtube clips. You dont have to- and itd be extra hard to come clean considering Iron Ev was trolling you a bit- but itd be way cooler if you did.

Lol- just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by Schneider View Post
    I could show a 3-4 game stretch of just about any player in the league where they either looked like a superstar or an AHLer. Sample size alert. That's not nearly enough to judge a player on. I'll stick with Juoko's scouting report.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    I mean we all have access to those streams but its still not really casual watching fare- theyre a bit difficult to find- and theyre likely in russian. As an NHL fan you wouldnt have much context for the games- especially if youre only watching 3 or 4 of them over a season. All the things you mentioned sound like ways Id describe him- but I would have formed my opinion exclusively by reading scouting reports, blogs, and forums.

Hypothetically if you were just using colorful language- its ok- weve all done it- but I challenge you to be the first honest person on the internet and admit that you were exaggerating the part where you said you watched three or four khl games and that the honest answer was more like one to two youtube clips. You dont have to- and itd be extra hard to come clean considering Iron Ev was trolling you a bit- but itd be way cooler if you did.

Lol- just sayin...
    I wasn't trolling at all. I legitimately believe 99% of people on here have never seen him play in the KHL. The KHL is such a different beast than the NHL. Stephane Da Costa tore the league up a few years ago, and Gusev plays with th KHL's equivalent of Crosby.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I wasn't trolling at all. I legitimately believe 99% of people on here have never seen him play in the KHL. The KHL is such a different beast than the NHL. Stephane Da Costa tore the league up a few years ago, and Gusev plays with th KHL's equivalent of Crosby.
    I agree here.

What is with this forum's new fascination of trying to say "Is this guy the new this guy??" It's crazy.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I agree with Schneider. He's gunna be better than McDavid.

The Great One

No Im agreeing with you- lol! Maybe trolling was a bit harsh of a term- I meant you were pretty blunt telling an anonymous poster that he hasnt sen him play. I agree he probaby hasnt- lol- when I said trolling I meant that you had shut him down pretty bluntly. Maybe bad choice of words- but yea Im actually agreeing with you...

Dobber Sports Stud

Gusev owner here. Thought I'd reply to one of the multiple Gusev-related threads rather than start a fresh one. I read recently that the NHL's decision not to participate in the 2018 winter olympics may hurt the chances of Gusev crossing the pond to play in the NHL, as he presumably will want to play for Russia. Sorry that I'm not posting the link the source (I'm lazy). That really took the wind out of my sails, as it makes sense. Thought I'd pass it along.
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by His Dudeness View Post
    Gusev owner here. Thought I'd reply to one of the multiple Gusev-related threads rather than start a fresh one. I read recently that the NHL's decision not to participate in the 2018 winter olympics may hurt the chances of Gusev crossing the pond to play in the NHL, as he presumably will want to play for Russia. Sorry that I'm not posting the link the source (I'm lazy). That really took the wind out of my sails, as it makes sense. Thought I'd pass it along.
    He was unlikely to buy out the last year of his contract in the first place (the Lightning can't buy it out, only he can with his own $ and he would have to sign an ELC in the NHL), but the Olympics decision I imagine would have shut the door on any lingering hope. 2018-19 is the year that you'd be hoping for at this point.

As long as he comes, I don't much care. Basically consider it another AHL/development year, and don't think it hurts him.