Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Tower trailer

Dobber Sports Master

Default The Dark Tower trailer

I found this trailer by accident today. I am super pumped for this movie. Just finished the series on the weekend.

http://darktowersource.tumblr.com/po...tional-trailer

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: The Dark Tower trailer

Thanks for this AW! I read all of the books back to back when I was off work recovering from shoulder surgery! I can't wait to see this. I hope it's not as disappointing as World War Z was to me. After I read that book, I thought it would make a fantastic movie. They didn't really follow the book and it ended up as a Brad Pitt action/adventure, sigh.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Star

I am still REALLY nervous about how this one turns out. It is one of my favourite King projects. McConaughey is an interesting choice as the Man in Black, and Elba is a REAL interesting choice as the Gunslinger. This trailer suggests that the movie would be released in February, and clearly, that didn't happen. Apparently, they are doing reshoots now.

Please... don't f**k this one up....

Rylant

Dobber Sports Sage

It honestly looks nothing like the images painted in my head when I read it...
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Master

I just read the first book in the series, The Gunslinger, and felt a bit out of the loop with what most people are saying about the novels and how good they are. The movie features two actors I really enjoy watching on the screen, so I will have to continue reading the rest of the books.

Having said that, anyone have any idea how much from the novels will be covered in the movie?

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    I just read the first book in the series, The Gunslinger, and felt a bit out of the loop with what most people are saying about the novels and how good they are. The movie features two actors I really enjoy watching on the screen, so I will have to continue reading the rest of the books.

Having said that, anyone have any idea how much from the novels will be covered in the movie?
    I struggled with the book - kept searching for "something more" than just a story. I don't see the hype, myself, but am hoping to get more out of the next few novels that I've heard are better
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Master

Apparently the movie is a "sequel" to the books. Its a continuation of the story. I dont want to give away too much if people who haven't finished the books are reading.

The Wolverine

I'm cautiously optimistic, but my expectations are low and will try not to compare to the books (for reasons that AW just said).

I believe that trailer was leaked and pulled but I guess they didn't catch them all. It's supposed to be released in July I think.

Re: a quick comment on WWZ, Comish: I didn't like the film but it wasn't supposed to be the same as the book, which was great. Only the title was used.

Dobber Sports Immortal

The fact that there is no official trailer and it's supposed to come out in July is extremely worrisome.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    The fact that there is no official trailer and it's supposed to come out in July is extremely worrisome.
    Is it? Do all films tend to have trailers out a few months before the film release date?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Is it? Do all films tend to have trailers out a few months before the film release date?
    I would say so yes. Or at least a teaser for sure. And bigger ones like this have them out even further in advance. Like Wonder Woman just came out with a full trailer for a summer release, but I believe there was also a trailer LAST summer at Comic Con

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I would say so yes. Or at least a teaser for sure. And bigger ones like this have them out even further in advance. Like Wonder Woman just came out with a full trailer for a summer release, but I believe there was also a trailer LAST summer at Comic Con
    Yeah I hoped there would at least be a teaser trailer, especially for something that could be an epic series (if all goes well) to generate that hype. In my head, a perfect teaser trailer would be simply:

On a black screen, these words appear:

"The man in black fled across the desert..."

(then an image of the man in black)

Words continued: "...and the gunslinger followed."

(image of the gunslinger)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Yeah I hoped there would at least be a teaser trailer, especially for something that could be an epic series (if all goes well) to generate that hype. In my head, a perfect teaser trailer would be simply:

On a black screen, these words appear:

"The man in black fled across the desert..."

(then an image of the man in black)

Words continued: "...and the gunslinger followed."

(image of the gunslinger)
    That would be a great teaser!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Umm... anyone notice they changed the gunslinger from White in the books to Black for he movie? If you thought Opal lost her sh*t in book 2, imagine her surprise now!
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Giant

I have never heard of this series. The idea behind the story seems pretty cool. I don't think the movie will be that good but I'm most likely going to add the books to my list of near-future reads.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay