Thread: drop/add?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default drop/add?

so currently our league allows up to have 4 minor league slots but we are upping to 6 next season i currently have (C) D.Strome, (LW) A.Nylander (RW) J.Puljujarvi, (RW), A.DeBrincat

luckily most of the people in my league aren't too smart when it comes to prospects so there is still some good ones laying around in F/A

(RW) K.Kaprizov, (C) T.Jost, (D) R.Pulock, (RW) D.Gurnaiov, (RW) E.Svechnikov, (C) H.Borgstrom, (LW) N.Scherbak, (C) L.Brown

any worth adding or just wait til draft since they've been on F/A for the majority of the season?, would drop DeBrincat if any I know he'd get picked up by the Blackhawks homer in my league.....thoughts?
    14 Team (H2H Points) Dynasty League

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Eichel, Zibanejad
    LW: E.Kane, Panarin, Huberdeau, Marchand, Landeskog
    RW: Rantanen, Zuccarello
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Chychrun, Drysdale
    G: Shesterkin, Saros, Markstrom
    Prospects: Carlsson, Raty, Berggren, Miroshnichenko, Othmann, Clarke, Gulyayev, Nikishin, Wallstadt, Wolf

16 Team (H2H Points) Dynasty League

C: MacKinnon, Zibanejad, Duchene, Schenn, Johansen, Monahan, Krebs, Pageau
    LW: E.Kane, Pacioretty, Vrana, Hoffman
    RW: Tuch, Stone, Wilson, Batherson, Sprong, Gallagher, Wahlstrom
    D: Dahlin, Hamilton, Letang, Dumba, Kylington, Liljegren
    G: Allen
    Prospects: Byfield, Guenther, Rossi, Perreault, Nikishin

The Great One

Default Re: drop/add?

So you have to drop one in order to pick one up?

At the draft you can up to 6?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    So you have to drop one in order to pick one up?

At the draft you can up to 6?
    Sounds like it.

No sense making a move now if these guys are still available. If you dropped one then the guy you drop may get snapped up right away.
    I would target Kaprizov, Jost and Brown though.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Wizard

I like Kaprizov over DeBrincat but not sure it's worth it to do the swap right now.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

DeBrincat is total boom/bust, boom could be sweet though.
    Kaprizov I like the most out of that list, for points, not coming over til earliest 2018-2019.
    Jost could be a great multi-cat player, is already a huge faceoff guy, I'm very high on Jost.

I prefer those two over DeBrincat, just cause I feel they are more of a sure thing then DeBrincat, or could wait and try to grab some prospects at your draft. Is draft before or after NHL draft? If after, you'll have a ton of prospects to pick from.
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports Rookie

Best to wait but snag Jost in your draft if you're able too.

Dobber Sports Ace

Firstly, Welcome to the Dobberhockey community DudeImJason and you too C.J Delmonico - If you're looking for fantasy hockey information, you came to the right place. And it must be your lucky day because you have just been given advice from some of the most knowledgeable guys here. It's nice to see some new blood around here.

Secondly, I've noticed myself lately that I have been saying this quite a bit but, I concur. It is probably a combination of things, either posting 2nd, 3rd or 4th or the obvious, that we have some good guys around here that know their stuff, but I agree with what the others have said.

If I have anything to add it would be this:

Your team name is the Young Gunz - own it. Call up Jesse Puljujarvi and possibly Strome to your main roster (keepers) and dangle some of the lesser players to others in your league or drop them outright if you have to. You would have 'first cracks' at the the prospects that others would take at the draft. It could be the best of both worlds - you would have a better pro roster and better prospects. With the space opened up you can afford to keep Kaprizov as one of your prospects. He is worth the wait - you can let him simmer in your minors and reap the rewards later. His value will sky-rocket once he comes over.

Can you trade DeBrincat to the Hawks homer? DeBrincat has put up some crazy stats in his OHL career. If the guys in your league are not as keen when it comes to prospects I would guess that the least they would do is check the junior stats. 121 points and counting has got to pique the interest of some in your league. For what it's worth, Chicago does not have many high-end prospects coming up the ranks and they're eventually going to need some cheaper replacements for their annual purge. Can you imagine the possibility of DeBrincat joining a Black Hawks power-play that consists of Kane, Toews, Panarin et al? His size will affect his play, but to what degree? It is not out of the realm of possibility that he translates his junior productivity to the pros.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Deity

I think it's obvious that DeBrincat is the lowest of those four prospects, even with his successful season this year in the OHL. As far as who is the better option, it's all a matter of opinion at this time.

I would also grab Kaprizov at this time over DeBrincat but from the sounds of it, you will regularly have options available to you to keep high end prospects in those four spots.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."