Thread: Gudas or Pietrangelo multi-cat ROS

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Gudas or Pietrangelo multi-cat ROS

Who would rather have for the playoff run? Gudas has been a multi-cat monster and AP has been seeing top PP1 minutes in STL.
    Weekly matchup, 10-teams, 25 man roster, play 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G per night
    Multi-cat league: G (4), A (2.5), SOG (0.2), HIT (0.2), BLKS (0.2), PPP, GWG, PIMS (0.2), +/- (+/-0.5) - skaters
    W (3), S/O (5), each save (0.2), each GA (-1)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Gudas or Pietrangelo multi-cat ROS

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker View Post
    Who would rather have for the playoff run? Gudas has been a multi-cat monster and AP has been seeing top PP1 minutes in STL.
    I like them both a lot so wondering who else you have on your team. If you have majority points guys then I'd go Gudas. If you're filled out with multi cat guys in your lineup...AP is the answer.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I like them both a lot so wondering who else you have on your team. If you have majority points guys then I'd go Gudas. If you're filled out with multi cat guys in your lineup...AP is the answer.
    I could potentially roster both Gudas and AP but then I would have to drop a defensemen, which would be DeAngelo. But in order to have the right combination of veteran and rookie players on the roster I would have to drop a veteran (probably Kesler or Radulov). However, in dropping one of those players it would open up another roster spot for a rookie (I would probably pickup Derek Ryan).

So essentially, it would be Gudas/D.Ryan or Radulov/DeAngelo. (All these players would be non-keepers next year.) In this scenario, I hold onto AP.

Or, just drop AP for Gudas?
    Multi-cat league: G (4), A (2.5), SOG (0.2), HIT (0.2), BLKS (0.2), PPP, GWG, PIMS (0.2), +/- (+/-0.5) - skaters

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker View Post
    I could potentially roster both Gudas and AP but then I would have to drop a defensemen, which would be DeAngelo. But in order to have the right combination of veteran and rookie players on the roster I would have to drop a veteran (probably Kesler or Radulov). However, in dropping one of those players it would open up another roster spot for a rookie (I would probably pickup Derek Ryan).

So essentially, it would be Gudas/D.Ryan or Radulov/DeAngelo. (All these players would be non-keepers next year.) In this scenario, I hold onto AP.

Or, just drop AP for Gudas?
    I would do Gudas and Ryan.....only because Radulov has fallen off big time

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I would do Gudas and Ryan.....only because Radulov has fallen off big time
    Is Gudas/Ryan instead of Radulov/DeAngelo a better move to make then dropping Schneider for M. Smith? (The number of transactions I can make are limited.) Coyotes have a better upcoming schedule for the first week of playoffs (March 13-19) than NJD.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Gudas; but do not expect points...his contributions in HIT, BLK and PIM are $$$.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    Gudas; but do not expect points...his contributions in HIT, BLK and PIM are $$$.
    So, you're saying drop AP for Gudas?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Make the move that best suits your teams weakness. If you need peripheral stats but are performing well in offensive stats weekly - then yes drop AP for Gudas to beef those cats up. Identify you're teams weaknesses & address those.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Make the move that best suits your teams weakness. If you need peripheral stats but are performing well in offensive stats weekly - then yes drop AP for Gudas to beef those cats up. Identify you're teams weaknesses & address those.
    precisely.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Icon

The OP is exactly the problem with fantasy sports. If you have a tough time deciding between Radko Gudas and Alex Pietrangelo for your fantasy team, you really need to re-do your league settings. One guy is one of the 20 best defensemen in the NHL while the other one would be no more than a 3rd pairing guy on 25 teams in the NHL.

Why do leagues continue to reward negative stats like hits, blocked shots and PIMs? None of those stats help an NHL team win games.

End Rant

I would go with AP over Gudas.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    The OP is exactly the problem with fantasy sports. If you have a tough time deciding between Radko Gudas and Alex Pietrangelo for your fantasy team, you really need to re-do your league settings. One guy is one of the 20 best defensemen in the NHL while the other one would be no more than a 3rd pairing guy on 25 teams in the NHL.

Why do leagues continue to reward negative stats like hits, blocked shots and PIMs? None of those stats help an NHL team win games.

End Rant

My take - hockey lacks statistical categories - these add an extra dimension to the fantasy sport. Not everyone like them, that's fair, some people just like more than scoring stats.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post

End Rant

I agree that it seems odd to consider a guy like Gudas over AP, but hits and blocked shots can absolutely help an NHL team win games. PIMs are a different story, and I've never been of a fan including them in fantasy, but there are plenty of 3rd pairing defensive d-men who may be "unknown" in fantasy circles yet play an important role for their team in real life.

Having additional categories outside of points can add a different level of strategy and some enjoy that. My main league didn't always have the extras but I love it now.