Thread: Keep 2 (Burns, Senko; Kucherov)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Keep 2 (Burns, Senko; Kucherov)

I know the season isn't over yet but I keep thinking about what I should do after this season. I initially thought Senko and Burns forever but Kucherov is having such an amazing year that this is becoming such a difficult decision for me.

I thought since you guys have an outside perspective it would be easier to judge.
    12 team - 2C, 2 L, 2 R , 3 D , 2G , 3 bench
    2 Keepers, weekly category totals

G , A , PPP , SHOTS , HITS , PIM
    Wins, SV % , Shutouts

C - Kadri, Keller (L, R)
    L - Pacioretty, Hall
    R - Kucherov, Wheeler (C)
    D - Burns, Byfuglien, OEL
    G - Gibson, Holtby
    IR - Carter

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Keep 2 (Burns, Senko; Kucherov)

The question I'd ask myself here is who am I most likely going to have a chance to redraft if I lose them. I think the answer would be Kucherov, although I know it would be a close call between him and Tank.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm keeping burns and kuch right now but it's close. Kucherov has been elite this year and it's been mostly without Stamkos. I really like the way he's been able to drive the play on his own.

Tank is also a great option and it's probably splitting hairs to be honest. This is a good problem to have.
    Last edited by MZac; April 27, 2017 at 1:44 AM.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

I'd lean towards keeping Kucherov. They feel about even right now. And next year, there is + Skamkos and = Shattenkirk. It's a close call. Any chance you can trade one for a pick?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I agree with everyone on how close it looks. I'm sure that I would be able to trade one and I am almost certain that Senko would get me more, but in a keep 2, people don't tend to want to give too high of a draft pick

Dobber Sports Sage

I agree it's hard to get those 1st and 2nd round picks in a keep 2. But you can probably get a 3rd or maybe even a 3th and 6yh or something like that. I almost guarantee Tarasenko is an upgrade to at least a couple teams keepers. Id start by putting him on the block and telling everyone you are looking for picks coming back. Some of the offers may surprise you.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    I agree it's hard to get those 1st and 2nd round picks in a keep 2. But you can probably get a 3rd or maybe even a 3th and 6yh or something like that. I almost guarantee Tarasenko is an upgrade to at least a couple teams keepers. Id start by putting him on the block and telling everyone you are looking for picks coming back. Some of the offers may surprise you.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Just wondering now that the season is over what people think about this. I wanted to keep Burns and Tarasenko but Kucherov played so well that I think that I have to keep him. I would hate to get rid of any of these 3. Burns is the oldest but probably has a few good years left. What does everyone think?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think Burns and Kucherov. I can easily see Kucherov hitting 90+ points with Stamkos, you probably saw him whine about how bad his linemates were already lol, with Stamkos he'll be even better. Obviously Burns is one of top 5 d-men in hockey right now so hang on to him

Dobber Sports Pro

I know I'm extreme minority here, but I'd keep Kucherov and Tarasenko. Two dynamic young goal scoring wingers who you will want to keep for years to come. I'm not convinced Burns has a load of years left in him, and his buddy Thornton (who feeds him passes a decent amount) seems to be slowing down quite a bit. Honestly, I'd try to sell high on Burns and turn him into a couple high draft picks, which will get you very good players in a keep 2.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews
    LW - Draisaitl
    RW - ​​Marner
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey
    G -
    B -

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    '25 & '26 - Extra 1st, Extra 2nd
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson
    G - Vasilevskiy
    B -
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Svbetts View Post
    I know I'm extreme minority here, but I'd keep Kucherov and Tarasenko. Two dynamic young goal scoring wingers who you will want to keep for years to come. I'm not convinced Burns has a load of years left in him, and his buddy Thornton (who feeds him passes a decent amount) seems to be slowing down quite a bit. Honestly, I'd try to sell high on Burns and turn him into a couple high draft picks, which will get you very good players in a keep 2.
    I get this. I'd put them all on the trading block and trade the biggest return, if it's burns then so be it.. Keep kuch and tank.

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Svbetts View Post
    Not an extreme minority by any means. I've been warning people about Burns - don't buy high or expect this production moving forward. He should continue to be great for a while longer, but the risk is there - the team around him is aging, he himself is 32, and he also has an injury history. Tank and Kuch for me.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Ninja

Definitely Burns and Kucherov for me. I like Tarasenko, but with SOG one of your cats, Burns is a must and Kucherov broke out WITHOUT Stamkos playing much of the season and the Bolts sucking. I expect at least as good of a season from him next year (no regression).
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket