Thread: Boeser next year and beyond

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Boeser next year and beyond

With the removal of Hansen and Burrows from the Vancouver roster there is a gaping hole at RW. Seems to me that this is a pretty good opportunity for Boeser to turn pro and make his move. An OGM in my league has him on his farm but he is interested in trading for one of my players so I could probably get him. So I am fairly interested in what the community here thinks of him. Especially Vancouver homers like bondon and canucks_fan18, etc.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Boeser next year and beyond

I like him as a prospect. Wish he hadn't been injured this season so we could have seen a full year. There's also still a chance that we see him at the end of the year once his college season is finished. I'm excited about having him flanking Horvat in the future, and I think he could turn out to be a solid first line player.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I like him as a prospect. Wish he hadn't been injured this season so we could have seen a full year. There's also still a chance that we see him at the end of the year once his college season is finished. I'm excited about having him flanking Horvat in the future, and I think he could turn out to be a solid first line player.
    I agree with this. Very high on Boeser and there's definitely a need for a player like him in Vancouver.

Dobber Sports Deity

I am high on Boeser as well but it's hard to give much on next year until we know if he's even going to leave college early or not.

That being said, I do like him a lot long-term.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Canuck Homer here, but unbiased! (as best as I can be) want proof!? Juolevi isn't going to be a franchise D, I don't know if he'll even be top pairing *gets mauled by Canuck fans*

On to Boeser!
    Very likely he comes over next year/end of year if his season ends soon enough. If he hadn't got injured I would have said an almost certainty he comes over.
    There is a gaping hole at RW on the Canucks that's begging to be filled...didn't intend for the sexual innuendo, but I like it!
    His shot is absolutely lethal, has good compete and isn't a hazard in his own zone, isn't a stalwart two-way player by any means, but isn't a D. Strome who has no idea what defensive zone means lol.

Main competition for next year for one of those top two RW positions will be Granlund (WD likes playing him with Sedins) and Goldobin whom we got from the Sharks and is also a highly rated prospect who tore up the AHL this year (ironically was selected right after Boeser).
    Outside chance of Rodin/Virtanen trying to claim a top six spot, for the former, he might just say fk it and head back to Sweden, has had horrible luck in N.A with injuries. For the latter...well, I'll put money down that Virtanen will never be a legit top six player in NHL, so not likely.

Long-Term, if everything pans out well for Boeser, I could see him being on 1st unit PP, playing 18+ minutes a night putting up 30-ish goals and 60-75 points.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by bnet View Post
    Canuck Homer here, but unbiased! (as best as I can be) want proof!? Juolevi isn't going to be a franchise D, I don't know if he'll even be top pairing *gets mauled by Canuck fans*

On to Boeser!
    Very likely he comes over next year/end of year if his season ends soon enough. If he hadn't got injured I would have said an almost certainty he comes over.
    There is a gaping hole at RW on the Canucks that's begging to be filled...didn't intend for the sexual innuendo, but I like it!
    His shot is absolutely lethal, has good compete and isn't a hazard in his own zone, isn't a stalwart two-way player by any means, but isn't a D. Strome who has no idea what defensive zone means lol.

Main competition for next year for one of those top two RW positions will be Granlund (WD likes playing him with Sedins) and Goldobin whom we got from the Sharks and is also a highly rated prospect who tore up the AHL this year (ironically was selected right after Boeser).
    Outside chance of Rodin/Virtanen trying to claim a top six spot, for the former, he might just say fk it and head back to Sweden, has had horrible luck in N.A with injuries. For the latter...well, I'll put money down that Virtanen will never be a legit top six player in NHL, so not likely.

Long-Term, if everything pans out well for Boeser, I could see him being on 1st unit PP, playing 18+ minutes a night putting up 30-ish goals and 60-75 points.
    Good stuff bnet. So you dont like Juolevi? I had been thinking of trading for him, post-hype, maybe if its a good price. But you seem to think he's not that great. Seems like he should be a big-time 2-way D who plays big minutes and gets a role on the top PP unit. You say no?

Dobber Sports Stud

Simple answer: Boeser has the tools to become a legitimate, sniping top line winger. If it weren't for Baertschi and Horvat's amazing chemistry I could see a Goldobin-Horvat-Boeser line as their de facto top unit very soon. Could still be the case.. Goldobin is a sublime distributor, Horvat is a bull and Boeser is a jack-of-all-goals.

Side note on Juolevi - He's going to be a minute muncher in the mould of Vlasic. 30-35 point guy is my expectation, but we'll see. He's only flashed high level offense in short bursts. I'd like to see some prolonged dominance before considering him a top PP and fantasy asset.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Stud

i'd compare him to max pacioretty. most of his seasons will be spent getting 30-30-60 as a first liner, with a couple of seasons with even more. could have 40 goal potential.