Thread: Value of Milano

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Value of Milano

This is for my league in sig.

I currently have a deal in place for my Milano vs a pick. I have a few options for the pick but I would be targeting McNiven most likely. There are also guys like Fisher and Z.Smith that can help me with cats (FOW, Pims) down the stretch.

Do you guys think Milano still has any potential to become a fantasy-relevant player or is he more of a depth player/AHL star? Does McNiven hold enough value to warrant such a move?
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Value of Milano

I'm not a huge fan of this guy. I'm not sure I'd call him an AHL star (currently just above half a point a game). At best I'd call him a sell low at the moment.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Value of Milano

If there's any chance of you getting into the money, I would have no issue trading Milano for Smith or Fisher. I don't see any reason to trade a 20 year old former 1st round pick for a draft pick. Milano is developing just fine and still has the opportunity to develop into a top 9 forward. His chances of becoming a regular NHLer are just as high as anyone outside of the top 10 or so picks in this year's NHL entry draft. He's also 3 years further along in his development.