Thread: 2017 Oscars Finish

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default 2017 Oscars Finish

Well Im normally one to sit through the painfully long show....but due to a pretty late night Saturday I went to bed early last night.....AND OF COURSE....something interesting happens!

http://uproxx.com/movies/moonlight-b...ng-envelope/2/

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: 2017 Oscars Finish

The biggest comeback of 2016. Bigger than the Patriots and Cavs. La La Land literally had the award in their hands and still lost
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports All-Star

How that gets f....ed up is beyond me. There must be some new job openings today.

Dobber Sports Star

^ It gets f...ed up because today the whole world is talking about the Oscars.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    At least something other than Donald Trump is front page news for a change.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post

I don't think this is a case of 'any publicity is good publicity', especially for the Oscars. That was embarrassing. So many people involved in La La Land and their families and friends went on such an emotional ride.

Dobber Sports Star

A few sad people are nothing compared to the millions of tweets/posts/articles/water cooler conversations it will generate. Ratings next year will soar as people tune in to see what these monkeys could possible screw up next, and it will go off without a hitch. Everyone will forget. Rinse, repeat.

I'm not saying it was intentional for sure (how could I or anyone know), but it is absolutely plausible and it makes perfect sense. It's easier for me to believe than it is to believe that it was an accident. Too much preparation and too many dollars go into this for such a silly little accident to happen at just the right climactic moment.

- - - Updated - - -

A few sad people are nothing compared to the millions of tweets/posts/articles/water cooler conversations it will generate. Ratings next year will soar as people tune in to see what these monkeys could possible screw up next, and it will go off without a hitch. Everyone will forget. Rinse, repeat.

I'm not saying it was intentional for sure (how could I or anyone know), but it is absolutely plausible and it makes perfect sense. It's easier for me to believe than it is to believe that it was an accident. Too much preparation and too many dollars go into this for such a silly little accident to happen at just the right climactic moment.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I think the biggest thing against it being a setup was Warren Beaty being involved.....I don't really think such a classic and respected actor would "go for" screwing around with who won the biggest award of the night.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I think the biggest thing against it being a setup was Warren Beaty being involved.....I don't really think such a classic and respected actor would "go for" screwing around with who won the biggest award of the night.
    With something like that, the less people who know, the better. If it was intentional, there's almost zero chance of the people on stage being in on it. You need authentic reactions, and I agree that these stars are probably less likely to play along with some elaborate charade than someone simply switching an envelope backstage.