Thread: Jones + for Giordano +

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Jones + for Giordano +

Keeper league - head to head - salary cap

Ok, my season is over... i'm trying to get some draft pick for next year...

Someone proposed me this trade:

I give him Jones + Elias Lindholm
    He give me Giordano + Danault 2nd draft

Lindholm & Danault a just there for salary cap issue...

Just to mention he is currently 11th, so it would be a early 2nd pick.

14 teams, we keep 6 players at the end of the year.

Is jones for real?
    Will he bloom on next years like Hedman?
    I have a place to keep him next year & i'm not sur I would keep Giordano... its only for the draft pick.
    In a draft, i know that good defense start to get picked at the end of of round 2.
    Should I ask more? I dont think Jones is worth a 1st draft pick...

Thanks for your suggestions!
    CHeers.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Jones + for Giordano +

Keep your players - they are the best two players in the deal. Giordano has been impressive in the past but 1) he is being surpassed on his teams depth chart (by D.Hamilton and T.J Brodie) 2) He is in the last few years of serviceable play - he'll be 34 next season.

You're getting back Giordano and who? Danault got lucky with playing time, linemates and such, I'm not saying he is/was without talent but he overachieved and is being sold on the 'high'.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOLD UP!

I thought that you were talking about Seth Jones when I wrote all of that and then saw M.Jones on your R list (reserves?) and not listed as one of your starting goalies.

If this is for Martin Jones - I don't see how we're still talking about this. The return for a starting goalie on a good team should be fairly substantial and not for an aging, declining d-man competing with 2 others on his team for playing time. Throwing in a player that overachieved and a half decent draft pick wouldn't be enough to change things around for me. I'd hazard a guess that this guy is trying to take advantage of you.

Step away from this deal altogether - I don't see how it could be that much better for you if this is his starting point.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep your players - they are the best two players in the deal. Giordano has been impressive in the past but 1) he is being surpassed on his teams depth chart (by D.Hamilton and T.J Brodie) 2) He is in the last few years of serviceable play - he'll be 34 next season.

You're getting back Giordano and who? Danault got lucky with playing time, linemates and such, I'm not saying he is/was without talent but he overachieved and is being sold on the 'high'.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOLD UP!

I thought that you were talking about Seth Jones when I wrote all of that and then saw M.Jones on your R list (reserves?) and not listed as one of your starting goalies.

If this is for Martin Jones - I don't see how we're still talking about this. The return for a starting goalie on a good team should be fairly substantial and not for an aging, declining d-man competing with 2 others on his team for playing time. Throwing in a player that overachieved and a half decent draft pick wouldn't be enough to change things around for me. I'd hazard a guess that this guy is trying to take advantage of you.

Step away from this deal altogether - I don't see how it could be that much better for you if this is his starting point.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Jones + for Giordano +

Hi, sorry that was my old signature rom last season...

You were right, I was talking about Seth Jones!
    That what I thougt... Giordano is not worth it.
    My biggest question is werewill be Seth Jones in a near future?

Ihave an other suggestion for this trade

My Schwartz + Hamphus Lindholm for his Giordano + Danault + 2nd pick
    I will not keep Schwartz & Lindholm anyway and I might be able to trade back Giordano for an other draft pick!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, sorry that was my old signature rom last season...

You were right, I was talking about Seth Jones!
    That what I thougt... Giordano is not worth it.
    My biggest question is werewill be Seth Jones in a near future?

Ihave an other suggestion for this trade

My Schwartz + Hamphus Lindholm for his Giordano + Danault + 2nd pick
    I will not keep Schwartz & Lindholm anyway and I might be able to trade back Giordano for an other draft pick!